New, Which class?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

New, Which class?

by boogie221 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Don't know much about Vanilla as i started 1 week after release of BC, I played tank warrior in WOD, shadow priest in BC, and Frost/unholy DK from WOTLK-WOD. Wanting a class that is necessary for PVE but also great for PVPing. Thanks
I'd F*ck her right in the p*ssy
boogie221
Private
Private

Re: New, Which class?

by smilkovpetko » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:25 pm

boogie221 wrote:Don't know much about Vanilla as i started 1 week after release of BC, I played tank warrior in WOD, shadow priest in BC, and Frost/unholy DK from WOTLK-WOD. Wanting a class that is necessary for PVE but also great for PVPing. Thanks

According your class/spec you have played , go play Tank Warrior .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by boogie221 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:02 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
boogie221 wrote:Don't know much about Vanilla as i started 1 week after release of BC, I played tank warrior in WOD, shadow priest in BC, and Frost/unholy DK from WOTLK-WOD. Wanting a class that is necessary for PVE but also great for PVPing. Thanks

According your class/spec you have played , go play Tank Warrior .

prot is definitely going to be necessary for PVE, but is it well and good for PVP?
boogie221
Private
Private

by euronmisc » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Prot is no bueno for pvp.

In vanilla, you will have to respec into a pvp spec to pvp properly usually. Exceptions to the rule are healers who are a great addition to any pvp team, and dont have a lot of pvp talents anyway.

As a dps you will find yourself handicapped when trying to pvp in your pve spec. All classes are great for pvp, with maybe the exception being warlocks on alliance (lol). It doesn't matter a whole lot which class you roll, as long as you aware that pvp and pve are very different things and you might want to get a different set of gear and a different spec for pvp.

Any tanking spec is 300% useless, with the exception of warriors in AV, and feral druids being a fc in WSG.

Edit: To add to your 'necessary in pve', check the census thread in the general section of the pvp server for most needed / wanted classes. Druids are wanted on both factions, warlocks a lot on alliance and healers are always good. Good tanks are always wanted in PvE. Things that arent needed are more melee dps and maybe undead mages.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by boogie221 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:07 am

Hmm, are there already too many warriors? Kind of wanting a class I wont be fighting for gear with. dont get me wrong I'm completely happy with inyourfacesmashyoutobits type of game play just don't wanna be 1 of a million. Are enhancement shamans any good?
boogie221
Private
Private

by Ana » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Druids get gear easily because nobody wants to play them.
But then, nobody wants to play them for a reason.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by euronmisc » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Warriors are definitely very popular, but a good tank or melee dps should be able to find a raidspot in a decent guild.

Enhancement shamans are good for leveling, fun in pvp but not viable in PvE besides the occassional 5man. Any class that can heal, is a healbot in vanilla raids.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:31 am

euronmisc wrote:Prot is no bueno for pvp.

In vanilla, you will have to respec into a pvp spec to pvp properly usually. Exceptions to the rule are healers who are a great addition to any pvp team, and dont have a lot of pvp talents anyway.

As a dps you will find yourself handicapped when trying to pvp in your pve spec. All classes are great for pvp, with maybe the exception being warlocks on alliance (lol). It doesn't matter a whole lot which class you roll, as long as you aware that pvp and pve are very different things and you might want to get a different set of gear and a different spec for pvp.

Any tanking spec is 300% useless, with the exception of warriors in AV, and feral druids being a fc in WSG.

Edit: To add to your 'necessary in pve', check the census thread in the general section of the pvp server for most needed / wanted classes. Druids are wanted on both factions, warlocks a lot on alliance and healers are always good. Good tanks are always wanted in PvE. Things that arent needed are more melee dps and maybe undead mages.

That's not true. A good player will find spot as Rogue or Mage. Yes there is many but also tons of atrociously baddies
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Mechanics and classes