Mage or Fury warr for raids

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Mage or Fury warr for raids

by fordragon77 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:08 am

Hey,

So I'm having a hard time deciding which class should I finally play as my main. My aim is PvE raiding and to clear every raid.

I would pick fury warr but I also want to main a warrior in Legion and I don't want to get bored of the class until it comes out. After all, theres gonna be almost a year of playing my main until I clear naxx.

So I thought then a mage would be perfect, but I heard it's very boring in raids since you are only spamming 1 ability all the time (frostbolt or fireball). However, I really like the idea of a mage, and especially because they have the best looking tier 3 set by far (imo) and much better looking gear overall then fury warrs.

Is the mage rotation really that bad and mind numbing? Spamming 1 ability for a year of raiding sounds horrible...
Or maybe you use other spells too as a mage? I would appreciate some feedback on this from an experienced mage raider because I would gladly pick a mage if it's really not that bad and there is more to it than 1 spell spam.

Also, I heard as a mage it's much easier to get into a raiding guild and gear up and get spots for raids. Is that true or there is not that big of a difference and i won't have to struggle to find a raiding guild and gear up as fury?

Please help me decide, so I can finally focus on a path and go all out. It's driving me crazy.

Thanks
fordragon77
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Mage or Fury warr for raids

by Youfie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:20 am

Sadly, yeah I think a Mage is a bit boring.

As a Mage, you do have to sheep sometimes, but it's rare (ZG / Domo lolilol). Otherwise, you have to Decruse fairly often (but it isn't really fun), and luckily there are a lot of fights / trashes were AoE are required, and that's your job to nuke mobs down, it's a bit more interesting than a mindless Frostbolt spam.

I do think for AQ & Naxx a Fire Mage is a bit more fun though. Rolling Ignites, using Combustion & shit in conjunction with other Mages to maintain the debuff as much as possible & shit, it should be more fun.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Undertanker » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Easier way to answer. Do you tank to off tank?

Fury warriors are called upon frequently
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by fordragon77 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Undertanker wrote:Easier way to answer. Do you tank to off tank?

Fury warriors are called upon frequently

I don't mind if I have to off-tank sometimes. it's fine
fordragon77
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Mechanics and classes