Best Duo for Open World PVP

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Best Duo for Open World PVP

by angrynorwegian13 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Hey all!

Excited to return to Vanilla WoW, back in the day me and my friend used to do a lot of open-world PvP as a Shadow Priest and Warrior. We did pretty well harrassing towns and infiltrating cities but our class selection was arbitrary and we didnt really know what we were doing. This run around we want to be as optimized as possible, we are looking for a good balance of survivability and damage in an open-world chaotic environment.

I'm thinking 2 rogues just for the stealth factor, because we used to draw so much heat that we would quickly get outnumbered.

However, I'm completely open to suggestions and my knowledge of class combos/specs is completely gone since I last played the original vanilla WoW.
angrynorwegian13
Tester

Re: Best Duo for Open World PVP

by GetYouBarbara » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:35 pm

2 rogue is actually a good option since u can get away pretty easily. also if u jump on someone at same time you can insta kill him.
GetYouBarbara
Tester

by angrynorwegian13 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:16 pm

2 Rogues is kind of what I was thinking, for the reason you listed and also because this server seems to be pretty populated and a 2 man that cant stealth will quickly get overrun if they keep PvPing in the same area for extended periods of time...
angrynorwegian13
Tester

by Thatoneguy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:19 pm

I don't advice going double Rogue. For WPvP you're better off with a class that has long hard CC in combat like a Mage or Warlock.

Double Rogue is good when you want to escape 2v3+ situations, but when you're paired with a Mage (or Warlock) then often you don't even need to escape. The combined CC (from Mage/Rogue for example) is strong and long enough to keep multiple enemies locked out of the fight while you're killing their friends.

Not to mention how convenient it is for both players:

- Don't share the same loot table for gear (at all).
- Mages can provide food and teleportations which make traveling around much faster.
- Mages are very capable of escaping fights on their own with Blink + Frost Nova + a Sheep for whoever still chases them.
- Incredible CC combos, an example: the Mage can Sheep and force an enemy to go out of combat, before the sheep breaks the Rogue can Vanish (or simply restealth if the opportunity is there) and Sap for another lockout.
- With 2 different classes you cover a lot more. An example: when you go double Rogue and you're up against a Paladin + Warrior for example you're in a world of hurt.

If you go double Rogue simply because you can escape an area easier I definitely would be against that. In WPvP you want to win and adapt to what you're up against. As double Rogue you will face opponents where you will be forced to use your escape tools where other duo combos would've actually been able to stay and win.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrearyYew » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Holy Paladin + Arms Warrior

There, that wasn't so hard
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Mechanics and classes