State of classes on server

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

State of classes on server

by DownToFarm » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:06 am

Hi,
Ex-vanilla player here. Just wondering the population of classes on the server? vs. Skill level?
I played a rogue in vanilla and was naxx experienced and grand marshal rank.
Played all other classes in various expansions.

I wish to start playing here I just cant decide on which class to roll. Rogue is always my go-to but I have a feeling a lot of players are itchin to bring back the stundays
Last edited by DownToFarm on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorefiend US: Fereveldir
Sargeras US: Peachit
Nostalrius PVP: Artimys

Always DTF
---------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunity.com/id/DownToFarm
DownToFarm
Grunt
Grunt

Re: State of classes on server

by St0rfan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:37 am

DownToFarm wrote:Hi,
Ex-vanilla player here. Just wondering the population of classes on the server? vs. Skill level?
I played a rogue in vanilla and was naxx experienced and field marshal rank.
Played all other classes in various expansions.

I wish to start playing here I just cant decide on which class to roll. Rogue is always my go-to but I have a feeling a lot of players are itchin to bring back the stundays

Warrior tanks and resto druids.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by DrearyYew » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:15 pm

If you're Alliance, Holy Paladins are everywhere, but 90% are fucking awful. If you are good at the game, you will absolutely have a raid spot as a Holy Paladin. Then again, that's true for pretty much any class, but I'm pretty sure Paladins have the highest percentage of their playerbase being fucking garbage.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:19 am

dwarf holy priest = 100% raid spot + instant guild invites .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by DownToFarm » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:21 am

Horde or Alliance
Gorefiend US: Fereveldir
Sargeras US: Peachit
Nostalrius PVP: Artimys

Always DTF
---------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunity.com/id/DownToFarm
DownToFarm
Grunt
Grunt

by Phyle » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:49 pm

I also plan to make a Tank Warrior, do you think I will find enough groupes für low level Dungeons?
Phyle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by dngrs » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:03 am

yes
Shtefan - undead warlock - 60
dngrs
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Phyle » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Okay and what is about Priest and Mage in PvP and PvE Raiding and Dungeons seperatly?
Phyle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Phyle wrote:Okay and what is about Priest and Mage in PvP and PvE Raiding and Dungeons seperatly?

Both should be fine really. Priest is the chief healing class and good ones are always appreciated everywhere. Mages are the best ranged dps to have around, both by damage dealt, utility as well as lacking threat issues other classes have.

If you check the raid pug adverts being yelled (I can only speak for Alliance side), usually ranged dps and then healers are the positions most needed.

There will hardly ever be need for tanks. Spare yourself the trouble of rolling a spec that is subpar in pvp, and will rarely get you an invite in PvE, and when you do, any mistake you make shall be highlighted much more than anyone else's.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:34 pm

DrearyYew wrote:If you're Alliance, Holy Paladins are everywhere, but 90% are fucking awful. If you are good at the game, you will absolutely have a raid spot as a Holy Paladin. Then again, that's true for pretty much any class, but I'm pretty sure Paladins have the highest percentage of their playerbase being fucking garbage.

Think I agree here. I tend to remember competent Paladin players since they strike me as unusual compared to the average. I'd say hunters are next in that regard.

I think I will never forget Igniter, the one retri paladin that actually offheals, dispels for the healer and listens to what he's told. Obviously a dwarf.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes