Are the rates of attribute increase influenced by race?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Are the rates of attribute increase influenced by race?

by Winterflaw » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:24 am

Hej, all.

So, I have a question - I've googled, but I've found no answer.

When we level up, attributes (str, int, etc) increase.

It's clear the rate of increase varies by class. Mages get int and spirit rather than stamina and strength, warriors the opposite.

However!

The question I have - are the rates of increase also influenced by *race?*

I have a level 12 NE Warrior, and a level 12 Dwarf Warrior.

The NE has base agi 33 and base stamina 33.

The Dwarf has base agi 24 and base stamina 37.

Which is a bit shocking!

However, I see here;

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Race

That the starting stats on a per race, per class basis are such that at level 1, a NE has 9 points more agi than a dwarf, and 4 points less stamina - which is exactly what I'm seeing at level 12.

A good point to collect evidence - can anyone with a level 12 warrior post the *BASE* agi and stamina? not with gear bonuses included :-)

I was hoping Dwarves might gain more stamina, over levels, than NEs. As it is, NEs look like better tanks, for the agi and racial dodge bonus is worth more than the four points of stamina and stoneform.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Are the rates of attribute increase influenced by race?

by Larsen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:13 am

It's just the starting stats. You gain the same per level regardless of race.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Winterflaw » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Larsen wrote:It's just the starting stats. You gain the same per level regardless of race.

Well, I've seen claims in both directions, both no data - you may be right, but it'd be nice if you had some evidence, or a link to a page which gives some evidence
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by bardh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:14 pm

That seem like a very good observation i would say you need to level human warrior and gnome warrior and then try to find someone on horde side as well. Take good notes, screenshots and the build a topic around those data where you would draw your conclusion.

Maybe if you post alliance side someone can volunteer from horde. With you would have legit conclusion thus the research would be completed.
bardh
Tester

by konked » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:35 am

Yes each race has slightly different base stats, if you got your old game manual from the original game it shows them.
konked
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Mechanics and classes