Hunters in PvP (OPvP and BGs)

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Hunters in PvP (OPvP and BGs)

by ManjiGS » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm thinking of choosing a Hunter (I always liked ranged class). But I want to know that how were hunters in vanilla regarding OPvP and BGs. I do not remember exactly whether it was a good class in PvP. Can you help me?

I opened this here and not in Hunter subforum in order to evade the bias of people who play that class. You know: "My class always is the better".

Can you help me?
ManjiGS
Tester

Re: Hunters in PvP (OPvP and BGs)

by Thatoneguy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:22 pm

I consider Hunters to be like Shamans, they are a mid tier class. Not the best and not the worst.

Hunters have an easier time on Alliance because Paladins can make a hunter's life a living hell. On the other hand playing well with a Hunter means you have an easy time vs most Shamans, unless they have the 5 set bonus from ZG gear combined with an elemental build... but on this 10K+ player realm I've yet to see 1 Shaman who rocks this particular set and build.

Hunters perform well against some classes but are susceptible to deadzone abuse. Their crowd control is lacking and their burst power is 'okay' compared to some of the other classes. This prevents them from being a very good PvP class like the other ranged classes such as the Mage and Warlock.

Hunters are a decent choice and if you like the class I would play them.
Last edited by Thatoneguy on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:deadzone abuse

... is just about impossible on the PVP realm (unless you play at 4 am or something).
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Milktoast » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Ana wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:deadzone abuse

... is just about impossible on the PVP realm (unless you play at 4 am or something).

Not sure if this is a joke, but just in case, he was referring to a hunter's dead zone between melee and ranged where they cannot attack.
Milktoast
Private
Private

by Ana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:59 pm

I'm aware of what dead zone is. What I'm saying is you can't really "abuse" it because there's no way of consistently determining where the enemy player actually is (thanks to server overload induced lag).
Ever tried a melee in BGs? You'll be getting "too far away" messages while standing on top of the enemy, being unable to gouge them while they clearly face your way and other shenanigans like that. Fuck, I once got gouged from behind, from what looked like 20 yards away without any lagspike involved.
Now imagine the error margin for positioning being half of what melee classes face.

The problem is of course much less pronounced if you play during late EU / afternoon US hours, thanks to China being asleep.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cargalia » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:33 am

@ above poster
after reading your ridiculous exaggeration of a post, i'd normally just enter and call you stupid.

but you're clearly delusional. every time that i've fought a mage, i've been dead-zoned. unless i was being jumped from max range or the mage himself was too confident. i'd also just factor in ignorance of the method.

anyways, instead of trying to center the thread about you bitching about the lag issue on the server. or blaming people for playing the server at their coherent time-zone. consider giving sound advice about the topic itself. i think everyone's aware of the lag and it's no secret the server is extremely populated. i get lag that comes and goes so quickly that i forget it's even a problem. yes I've had extreme cases of lag, but i'd have to say it was no more than handful this week for me.

please, for next time. try to stay on topic :lol:

@op hunters and generally looked at as an all offensive class so they will suffer in long fights 1v1. But they are a good lay-up class
Last edited by Cargalia on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fagatron » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:58 am

Cargalia wrote:@ above poster
after reading your ridiculous exaggeration of a post, i'd normally just enter and call you stupid.

but you're clearly delusional. every time that i've fought a mage, i've been dead-zoned. unless i was being jumped from max range or the mage himself was too confident. i'd also just factor in ignorance of the method.

anyways, instead of trying to center the thread about you bitching about the lag issue on the server. or blaming people for playing the server at their coherent time-zone. consider giving sound advice about the topic itself. i think everyone's aware of the lag and it's no secret the server is extremely populated. i get lag that comes and goes so quickly that i forget it's even a problem. yes I've had extreme cases of lag, but i'd have to say it was no more than handful this week for me.

please, for next time. try to stay on topic :lol:

You Clearly have no idea what the fuck u Are talking about. If you get novaed ofc deadzoning is easy but try that as rogue vs warr or Any melee whatsoever instead of shittalking other ppl coz u get deadzoned by a fuckin Mage. Coz if u Ever tried it you would realise in no time that this "above Poster" actually makes a Point that is 100% accurate.
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cargalia » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:37 pm

I tried to absorb and consider the information you've provided me. But my only problem is the lack of punctuation you've used in your post. I can't tell if your trying to argue hunter vs rogue/ warrior or a rogue trying to deadzone a warrior. 2 out of the 3 sentences you posted is you just talking shit l0l. 1 of those sentences has 38+ words in it, including acronyms.

"When the average sentence length was fewer than eight words, readers understood 100 percent of the story. With 9–14 word sentences, readers could understand more than 90 percent of the information. With 43-word sentences, comprehension dropped to less than 10 percent."
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Your reading comprehension isn't very well developed if you lack the ability to insert punctuation wherever it seems to be missing ;o

And yes, deadzoning as a mage is quite easy. I could say it's also easy to dead zone as a priest if blackout procs.
Both points are roughly equal in terms of how ridiculous they are.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by birday » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:30 am

well i can understand Cargalia not wanting to argue with a mad kid tho
birday
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes