the most complete/best PVP class for wpvp on allaince

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

the most complete/best PVP class for wpvp on allaince

by idosky » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Hey guys, I know this is a dicussable topic,
But in a open wpvp setting, vs 1v1, 1v2 or mby 1v3 as allaince, what class will do the job the best?
Considering gear is not a problem, full engi etc.
As an allaince :)
Thoughts ?
idosky
Grunt
Grunt

Re: the most complete/best PVP class for wpvp on allaince

by smilkovpetko » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Wpvp

Paladin = Reckbomb , get stacks from mobs = full charge on any1 = 1shot = target dead

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img911/3653/beU3pv.jpg
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by idosky » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:58 pm

hehe nice one, any other suggestions ? It get a bit boring reckbombing in the long run imo
idosky
Grunt
Grunt

by Aethelwulf » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Rogues are Rogues, enough said. Druid also has stealth so you can catch people in really bad positions. Only downside is that Taurens make better Druids thanks to War Stomp and +5% health. For world PvP stealth is strongly recommended.

Mages have the 3 Minute Mage build which is made for world PvP. Prot Paladins do indeed have the ability to reckbomb most enemies into the ground instantly but it's a tad obnoxious since you have to go out of your way to stack reck charges and save them for an enemy you want to PvP. Night Elf Priests are the undisputed masters of camping cliffs and mind controlling people over the edge.

Night Elf Hunters can stealth together with their pets to get the drop on enemies too.

Warriors can still beat most enemies senseless. Warriors can benefit from Dwarf (Stoneform trinkets out of a Rogue blind and the armor is actually decent for a warrior) and Gnome (Escape Artist removes slows and immobilizes, works nicely with Gnomish Net-O-Matic backfires) races. Warriors also have the perk of being the class Rogues typically want to gank the least. Make sure to carry Living Action Potions just in case though.

If you're worried about boredom, Engineering Druid is the way to go.

Also remember that Barov Peasant Caller is a very good anti-caster trinket since you will mob them with too many attacks to get a cast in.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:52 pm

If you want to go 1v2 or 1v3 you want a class that has high damage output and very good crowd control. Classes that kinda lack this are Warrior, Shaman, Druid and Hunter. While they can still 1v2 just fine, these classes require better execution as mistakes are punished quite hard.

On the other hand classes like Rogue, Warlock, Mage and Spriest have on demand hard crowd control spells. Combined with their excellent damage output they would be your 'to go to' classes when it comes to killing multiple enemies at once.

I also don't advice going for cheesy builds that require cooldowns to be up like the '3 minute mage'. The server is crowded and the roads are busy, you want to be ready all the time. Needing to wait 3 minutes means you're fighting 5 people suboptimal for every sixth engagement. Taking a well rounded spec that's good on the fly is very important in WPvP, luckily all classes have something like this.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aethelwulf » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Warlock and Spriest don't really have hard CC when they're on the alliance. Not only is Fear removal the most common kind of PvP trinket, but around half the Horde is Undead and Will of the Forsaken will break and immune Fear (and Seduce, for Warlocks) as well. Shamans and Warriors cannot trinket but Shamans can spam Tremor Totems (breaks Fear and Seduce in AoE pulses, no CD on totem) and Warriors can Berserker rage if they're not UD.

At any rate, if you've gone fullblown engineer you will have decent CCs from Rocket Helm, Gnomish Mind Control Cap, and nades.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:Warlock and Spriest don't really have hard CC when they're on the alliance.

Let me educate you so you don't make this mistake again.

Hard CC are spells like Fear, Kidney Shot, Mind Control and Death Coil. Spells that make you lose control of your character. Soft CC are effects like Mind Flay, Curse of Exhaustion and Crippling Poison. These slow their opponent down in various ways but don't remove control of their character. It does not matter if your opponent has the ability to remove CC.

Conclusion: Warlock and Spriest really have hard CC when they're on alliance.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aethelwulf » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:20 pm

I'll be honest. I'm surprised to see you act as if you have superior insight when you promote garbage talent builds in the Shaman forums. I thought you were just a guy who was just trying to help out in his own way for better or worse, not a straight-up "I know what's best" type.

Anyway, let me get back to the point: Will of the Forsaken breaks and 5sec immunes Fear, Seduce, and Mind Control. Rogue, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Druid trinkets also break Fear. Rogue, Warlock, and Druid trinkets in particular also break Charm effects, including Seduce and Mind Control. Warriors can still Berserker Rage out of Fear (with 10 second immunity) in addition to Death Wish for 30sec Fear immunity (if Fury specced) and Recklessness for 15 sec Fear immunity (if they want to burn a 30min cd and kill you) and a Shaman Tremor Totem breaks Fear and Charm effects in AoE pulses while only being a GCD to drop. In other words, to repeat, Priests and Warlocks don't really have hard CCs when they're on the Alliance because their hard CCs are too easily negated by way of Tremor Totem and WotF in addition to the usual class and trinket counters.

Incidentally, soft CCs are usually effects like Silence, Disarm, and Immobilize. Slows aren't really considered soft CCs unless you are successfully kiting people with them. It's called Crowd Control for a reason, so if you are not successfully removing some of their capabilities, it's not a CC. Curse of Tongues and Mind-Numbing Poison can be considered soft CCs since they tend to ruin spellcasting when combined with pushback.

I'm also surprised to see you counting Death Coil as hard CC while you discount Druid stuns as such. I thought it was the short duration, but now I'm thinking you don't really know classes that well.
Last edited by Aethelwulf on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:59 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:I'm also surprised to see you counting Death Coil as hard CC while you discount Druid stuns as such.

If you read properly then you would realize that stun effects are hard CC. The Druid's Bash spell is an example of this, yet their Roots spell is not.

Aethelwulf wrote:I thought it was the short duration

The duration of the CC does not make a difference. A 0.5 second stun counts as hard CC just like a 6 second stun does.

Aethelwulf wrote:you promote garbage talent builds in the Shaman forums..

This is not the Shaman forum :lol:
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by SuperomegaOP » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:44 am

Druid can be good if you are very skilled and decently geared.

Also with a /sit macro ready you can basically get reckbomb charges at will whenever you want.

Dwarf Spriest is also broken for pvp so if you want easy mode role those guys haha.
SuperomegaOP
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes