Viable specs?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Viable specs?

by Larsen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Probably not. One of the druid healing specs is actually 24/0/27 and looks like a hybrid, but it's not seriously capable of DPSing. Those points in balance are to get a talent that helps healing. There isn't a hybrid balance/resto spec that's good enough at both to actually fill two roles adequately.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:40 pm

I tried to post the key problems of every less than optimal spec and was immediately flamed for it so nevermind, post deleted.
Last edited by Armilus on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Larsen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:02 pm

The only way to keep up on damage in MC/BWL is by power shifting and that leaves you with no mana for battle rez or innervate.

Innervate costs 50 mana and Rebirth costs like 1k, this is by no means a problem. Bring a few demonic runes just in case you're completely OOM when somebody needs a B-rez.

Feral druids are alright, you just don't want to bring several. One feral druid pulls their weight just fine. In terms of sheer efficiency and power, they're not a disadvantage the way a lot of other ill-favored specs are.

I think it says a lot about Exiled that they're unwilling to bring any spec that isn't viewed as optimal. Those will be some boring-ass raids with 15 frost mages and 8 combat rogues. Sounds like a terrible guild environment.

Plus they can throw on tanking gear and be a better off tank than a feral druid (only because druids get practically nothing for tanking gear in MC/BWL while fury warriors get tier 1 and tier 2, which is amazing gear)

A fury warrior is definitely not a better OT than a feral druid. Patch 1.4 warrior tier gear is also pretty bad (the entire warrior T1 and T2 sets have precisely zero defense on them), like it is for most classes. Most people will be wearing a large portion of their pre-raid BiS throughout all of MC, except maybe rogues and hunters.

People will be sorely disappointed when they see Nostalrius' 1.4 loot, and it seems even top guilds aren't prepared for what this does to class balance. Feast your eyes.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Larsen wrote:I think it says a lot about Exiled that they're unwilling to bring any spec that isn't viewed as optimal. Those will be some boring-ass raids with 15 frost mages and 8 combat rogues. Sounds like a terrible guild environment.

Every guild caters to different kinds of players. Nobody in Exiled would like being in your 'ideal' guild either.

Larsen wrote:A fury warrior is definitely not a better OT than a feral druid. Patch 1.4 warrior tier gear is also pretty bad (the entire warrior T1 and T2 sets have precisely zero defense on them), like it is for most classes. Most people will be wearing a large portion of their pre-raid BiS throughout all of MC, except maybe rogues and hunters.

People will be sorely disappointed when they see Nostalrius' 1.4 loot, and it seems even top guilds aren't prepared for what this does to class balance. Feast your eyes.

The 1.4 tier stats is only until MC is cleared. I assume the OP is going to play his character beyond this point, hence why I focused on all of vanilla rather than the first 2-3 months of raiding.
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Larsen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Wow, you deleted your post because of one person disagreeing with one particular thing? Need a tissue?
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:35 pm

Larsen wrote:Wow, you deleted your post because of one person disagreeing? Need a tissue?

It doesn't take a genius to realize that the rest of the posts in this topic would be a flame war.
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Goodtry » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Armilus wrote:I tried to post the key problems of every less than optimal spec and was immediately flamed for it so nevermind, post deleted.

It's a shame you feel this way, I thought it was useful information, and certainly on topic.
Goodtry
Grunt
Grunt

by Lupar » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:38 am

Goodtry wrote:
Armilus wrote:I tried to post the key problems of every less than optimal spec and was immediately flamed for it so nevermind, post deleted.

It's a shame you feel this way, I thought it was useful information, and certainly on topic.

Yeah, I would've liked to see it.

Anyway, I'm probably just going to go feral tanking. Thanks, guys!
Lupar
Private
Private

by Shiggs13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Lupar wrote:So I really wouldn't want to go a Balance/Resto hybrid then?

No.
Shiggs13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Mechanics and classes