Glancing blow, Crushing blow and Weapon skill Mechanic

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Glancing blow, Crushing blow and Weapon skill Mechanic

by Peacebringer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello everyone, I don't have time to test many of these things but I am wondering how is working glancing blow, crushing blow and weapon skill mechanics and their relationship? These mechanics are usually totally bugged on private servers that I have played so there was no really use of humans' racial passive ability +5 skill points for one-handed/two-handed swords and maces, dwarfs' racial passive ability +5 skill points for guns, orcs' racial passive ability +5 skill points for one handed and two handed axes and troll's racial passive ability +5 skill points for bows and throwing weapons). I am also wondering in what state are all other racial passive and non passive abilites which were always bugged in my private wow server history.
Peacebringer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Glancing blow, Crushing blow and Weapon skill Mechanic

by DéUs » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:02 pm

We can assure you that glacing blow, crushing blow and weapon skill mechanics are fixed on Nostalrius Begins. You will be able to enjoy your racial passive in peace :P
DéUs
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 am

Orc with Arcanite Reaper is where it's at. But Humans can still get a comparably decent sword or mace.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Germinou » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:36 am

It would be nice to say how it works here (1 skill gives what ? )

(Sorry, But even if you answered that it works, I'd like to know how it works because I've never knew it )
Germinou
Grunt
Grunt

by Keftenk » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:20 am

DéUs wrote:We can assure you that glacing blow, crushing blow and weapon skill mechanics are fixed on Nostalrius Begins. You will be able to enjoy your racial passive in peace :P

Unfortunately this wasn't the case in the PvE session earlier today. As a Orc the Axe Specialization Passive Racial wasn't being applied. I didn't actually get into testing if it's just not being shown in our weapon skills character tab, but actually applied on the attack rolls or just all together not being applied.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by cardk » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:39 am

Unfortunately this wasn't the case in the PvE session earlier today. As a Orc the Axe Specialization Passive Racial wasn't being applied. I didn't actually get into testing if it's just not being shown in our weapon skills character tab, but actually applied on the attack rolls or just all together not being applied.

So it's not being applied, but you didn't actually test it. That just makes no sense man. Either you tested it in depth, and it didn't work, or you didn't test it at all, in which case I don't understand this post.
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:01 am

Nah, I looked at the character sheet. It wasn't applied. Still 300/300.

Whether it's actually applied on the attack roll, that's yet to be tested. Could just be a display error, ya know?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Clank » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:15 pm

The racial is working, probably a bug due to all command / script that level up / learn spells to your characters.

Create an orc warrior lvl 1, you will see that the racial is active. Empty your WDB if it is not.
Clank
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:41 pm

The racial bonus isn't showing for new skills that the instant level up gives you, only the skills you had by default. I rolled a Human Warrior, who had 1h sword+mace by default, but not 2hs. After instant 60, 1h sword/mace is 305, but 2h sword/mace is 300. When the NPC gives you the skill, it stops at 300/300, presumably with the skill bonus not being used. I don't know if this would be any different if you buy the skills regularly, as we don't have weapon trainers.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Good to know!
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mechanics and classes