druid healers at lower levels

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

druid healers at lower levels

by ace151slayer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi all,

I plan to roll a druid because, well why Not? Anyhow I know they lack a real res spell so my question is, while leveling up will I get shunned as a healer trying to jump into dungeons?

I know resto is the go to spec at 60 for raiding and all, but what if I want to heal some lvl 60 5 man's and not do much raiding?

I'd hate to be passed over After investing the time.
ace151slayer
Tester

Re: druid healers at lower levels

by Seconds » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:11 am

As a tank, if I have a choice I'll take Priest/Sham/Pally over druid any day.

People die in 5 mans all the time and corpse runs can be quite long, so not having a res can slow down the run significantly.

Even if you do have a DPSer that can res, most likely they'll be one of the first ones to die anyway.

Thing is, finding a healer can be quite difficult sometimes and you wont be so picky after you've spend over half an hour looking for one.
Seconds
Tester

by Bezawit » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:42 am

While it is inconvenient, you could always try to find a Spriest or Ret/Ele/Enhance dps.
Bezawit
Grunt
Grunt

by Goodtry » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 am

It's fine, but keep a set of gear aside for healing. Biggest problems come with trying to heal with nothing but +str and +agi gear.
Goodtry
Grunt
Grunt

by auk » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:24 am

druids are fine healers...

consider downranking healing touch to avoid overhealing as regrowth is expensive.

not having a rez shouldn't be an issue for 5 mans because they're fairly easy. if it's that much of a problem consider going engineering for jumper cables.
auk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Asman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:42 am

Seconds wrote:As a tank.....People die in 5 mans all the time....

This is most likely your fault, not healers fault.

While leveling don't try higher level dungeons than you are, that applys for all players in your group. Always have at least one CC in your group(Mages are awesome for that, always take them over everyone). Do not pre-hot the tank when pulling more than one mob, you'll aggro them immediately and it could wipe the group.
I used to heal 60 man dungeons, with thorns you can help with tank's aggro(don't put it on others for same reason), if tank dies you can switch to bear form and tank for some time.
Asman
Grunt
Grunt

by Garfunkel » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:09 pm

I have to agree with the above poster. Most instance death and wipes come from overeager tanks not waiting for the healer to drink or from stupid damage dealers stealing aggro. I've seen warriors who are unable to tank more than 1 mob at a time and the number of tanks who do not care what the mana status of the casters is before pulling or who don't care about crowd control at all, is disheartening. One tank openly declared that CC/marking is a "waste of time", as was careful clearing - he didn't seem to understand that the party spent more time waiting for me to drink, since I had to burn my entire manapool with every pull, than we "saved" by taking risky shortcuts or aoeing groups of elites down.

Of course, sometimes you get a lag spike or something similar and I'm not saying that healers never make mistakes either, which is even more proof that being able to ress inside the instance is quite valuable.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Asman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:19 am

Garfunkel wrote:I've seen warriors who are unable to tank more than 1 mob at a time and the number of tanks who do not care what the mana status of the casters is before pulling or who don't care about crowd control at all, is disheartening. One tank openly declared that CC/marking is a "waste of time".

This is sadly caused by Blizzard, people who came here and haven't played vanilla before are used to things like aoe revenge, 30yd taunt, Shockwave aoe stun etc. If they also haven't ever played PVP I'm not suprised they play how they play.

To the topic, druids are probably the best healers when it comes to aoe fights(because of hots obviously) and also heavy CC fights because they can do insane healing in a short time with NS and Swiftmend(If you don't go for Nature's grace build)
Asman
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:36 pm

Run back is a bad arguement. What is u have war, hunter, rogue or mage for dps, any healing class that dies still requires a run back.

Take time pulling, mark kill target, LoS pull. You shouldnt have any deaths.

I personally like Druid healer due to a proper CC groups, their down time is next to nothing.
M
As a tank myself, I prefer my groups to be rogue, shadow priest, hunter/warlock, druid heals.

Shadow priest MC CC is nice, especially when you mark healer mobs for CC.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Wraith§Reaver » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:48 am

Garfunkel wrote:I have to agree with the above poster. Most instance death and wipes come from overeager tanks not waiting for the healer to drink or from stupid damage dealers stealing aggro. I've seen warriors who are unable to tank more than 1 mob at a time and the number of tanks who do not care what the mana status of the casters is before pulling or who don't care about crowd control at all, is disheartening. One tank openly declared that CC/marking is a "waste of time", as was careful clearing - he didn't seem to understand that the party spent more time waiting for me to drink, since I had to burn my entire manapool with every pull, than we "saved" by taking risky shortcuts or aoeing groups of elites down.

Of course, sometimes you get a lag spike or something similar and I'm not saying that healers never make mistakes either, which is even more proof that being able to ress inside the instance is quite valuable.

You have just summarized the main rages of us healers :roll: , and the thing that I personally have noticed is that after you make them know it in a legit and friendly way ("Rec, wait"/"Don't pull so many in a row, i need to rec sometimes, thanks"), you receive a "yeah, ok" only then the story begins again as if nothing had happened.

P.S: Seriously, I have to get me do a T-shirt with:
Definition of "Healer:
noun
1. Person to whom was granted the power to let the tank die on purpose"
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes