Thunderfury Research & Testing [Proc, Threat, Elemental]

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Thunderfury Research & Testing [Proc, Threat, Elemental]

by Keftenk » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Nost doesn't really fix old content if you haven't noticed. They just work on current and upcoming.
(In reality, I'm sure fixing this is quite a low priority on the things to do..)
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Grave » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:35 am

Thunderfury - Live Testing 18/02/2016
Confirming Daemon's proc rate fix which can be found on the bugtracker ID: 3001

• Proc Rate
    Previous state result: It is proccing at a ~14% rate from white attacks.
    Current state result: It is proccing at a 25% rate from white attacks.

Analysis:
    1010 auto attacks procced Thunderfury 252 times, resulting in a rate of 25% chance of proc per auto attack.

Conclusion: Thunderfury awakens!
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Stalk » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:42 am

Grave wrote:Conclusion: Thunderfury awakens!

...so it was buffed to its pre-nerf value and thus making the content even more of a breeze.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Zetox » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:43 am

Stalk wrote:
Grave wrote:Conclusion: Thunderfury awakens!

...so it was buffed to its pre-nerf value and thus making the content even more of a breeze.

Pre Nerf Value is 30% plus Procs from Poisons, Enchants, Trinkets, Itself etc.

Just wanted to thank the Nostalrius Dev Team for fixing the proc on this weapon; as I"m sure the elemental damage portion is coming!

Somehow I found my 2nd binding yesterday :)

The Server, Staff, Administration, continues to impress me. Keep up the great work!!! :D
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Very exciting news. Thanks Grave for the parse confirmation.

Got my first binding last week, and after dropping the news to them of the 14.5% / 13.5% parse testings, fellow officers were a bit disappointed. Faith restored.

I too am now on the lookout for the + nature damage to get this on par with Alcors for pure TPS.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Plask » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:29 pm

Undertanker wrote:Very exciting news. Thanks Grave for the parse confirmation.

Got my first binding last week, and after dropping the news to them of the 14.5% / 13.5% parse testings, fellow officers were a bit disappointed. Faith restored.

I too am now on the lookout for the + nature damage to get this on par with Alcors for pure TPS.

15 to 25% proc chance boosted TF TPS alot, the +nature damage doesnt do much compared to that.

Also, if you crunch some numbers you'll see it's infact in par with Alcors, even more so than you may think.. :)
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Baroa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:43 am

Hi Guys,

since im obsessed with TF, especially since i got my first Binding a few months ago, i went onto the PTR and did some tests. (Note that Thunderfury has since been removed from the PTR alltogether.)

It seems like AQ might increase the chance again? because this seems awesome (sorry for the Image on second monitor, was too lazy to edit it):

http://i.imgur.com/Oy4Jqfx.jpg

I hope they keep the Procc so that it can procc from itself and procc from other sources (like Lifestealing, Maelstrom, etc.) just so we can have some diversity in the items everyone is wearing.

For the Thunderfury-Wearers right now on the server... im very sad only 1 of them uses Lifestealing instead of Agi/Crusader apparently noone even reads up on such a legendary item.

Can anyone confirm yet if the Skullflame Proccs (The Life-Drainind Singletarget or Fire AoE) can procc the Thunderfury?
Baroa
Tester

by Plask » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 pm

Baroa wrote:Hi Guys,

since im obsessed with TF, especially since i got my first Binding a few months ago, i went onto the PTR and did some tests. (Note that Thunderfury has since been removed from the PTR alltogether.)

It seems like AQ might increase the chance again? because this seems awesome (sorry for the Image on second monitor, was too lazy to edit it):

http://i.imgur.com/Oy4Jqfx.jpg

I hope they keep the Procc so that it can procc from itself and procc from other sources (like Lifestealing, Maelstrom, etc.) just so we can have some diversity in the items everyone is wearing.

For the Thunderfury-Wearers right now on the server... im very sad only 1 of them uses Lifestealing instead of Agi/Crusader apparently noone even reads up on such a legendary item.

Can anyone confirm yet if the Skullflame Proccs (The Life-Drainind Singletarget or Fire AoE) can procc the Thunderfury?

The answer to your questions is already in the thread. Also it doesn't proc from itself nor other procs.. Again answered already.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Baroa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:44 am

The answer to your questions is already in the thread. Also it doesn't proc from itself nor other procs.. Again answered already.

Hi, i kind of talked about the PTR; have you seen my screenshot? im pretty sure its at 30% now - 33% might be overkill, maybe because i set up the procwatch wrong, shouldve used "YOUR Thunderfury hits...".

So right now on the PTR at least its 30% probably.

It would make very little sense tho because the patch thats hitting shouldve been the one that nerfed it.
Baroa
Tester

by St0rfan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Baroa wrote:

Hi, i kind of talked about the PTR; have you seen my screenshot? im pretty sure its at 30% now - 33% might be overkill, maybe because i set up the procwatch wrong, shouldve used "YOUR Thunderfury hits...".

So right now on the PTR at least its 30% probably.

It would make very little sense tho because the patch thats hitting shouldve been the one that nerfed it.

The "YOUR" is very important if you play with other people who also use it.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes