Thunderfury Research & Testing [Proc, Threat, Elemental]

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Thunderfury Research & Testing [Proc, Threat, Elemental]

by Hatson » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:28 am

Very impressive work, Zetox. I took some time to read this, and it's a lot of details in the history of changes on this item I wasn't fully aware of. Sadly, I never got to use one myself throughout WoW, but lots of people around me have.
So I had never done proper research on Thunderfury myself, but it is one of the coolest weapons ever made, for sure.
And even though I have a feeling a lot of the "extra hit" or the proc related mechanics with that, will be in the state of "cannot proc of it itself" ala patch 1.9 nerfs (I believe it was patch 1.9 or somewhere around there that nerfed a lot of things with that mechanic to not proc off itself any longer) - I would still love to see those things involved in that mechanic to be in a pre-nerfed stage until that patch actually hits on Nostalrius. (come on, don't deny our fun, folks)

Now... If someone had enough research done on Drake Talon Cleaver and its' proc. Which has a high proc chance, can proc off itself, and can also CRIT - .. I'd love to see it in that state on BWL's release. Because you have no idea how fun it was using that + WF before WF got nerfed to not proc off itself.
Seriously, the amount of procs you would get with WF + DTC together was so crazy. And still not close to viable in raid dps, haha. But I'd be damned if DTC wasn't a blast in PvP.

Zetox wrote:This post is dedicated to Imbaslap, Hatson, Keftenk for providing me with the inspiration to research

I am grateful for your remarks, but I must say you've done a lot more work than I have yet with this post and research. Bravo, sir! :)

The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Zetox » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:54 am

Hatson, thanks for the kind words. It was fun! :D

Youfie, I remember reading something about 1.9 nerfing WF, but re-read my notes and your'e correct it does. http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/69 ... ntry237691
I'll try to find out though if WF can proc WF, which would be a separate from this thread.
Last edited by Zetox on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:13 am

Zetox wrote:Hatson, thanks for the kind words. It was fun! :D

Youfie, I remember reading something about 1.9 nerfing WF, but re-read my notes and your'e correct it does. http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/69 ... ntry237691
I'll try to find out though if WF can proc WF, which would be a separate from this thread.

Last time I heard, WF can't proc off WF, just because it has an internal CD of 0.1s or something (and not because the extra-attacks are different from regular white damage or something). And it think it is basically the only exception to the "extra-attacks are exactly the same as regular auto-attacks for proc pruposes".

Haven't looked into that much though, and have no source to post right now, but that's what I had in mind. Please keep us updated if you find something about it, wether I'm wrong or not !
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by showtime » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:19 am

wf cant proc off windfury. blizzard changed that in middle of vanilla or something

also windfury is not suppose to proc off anything but auto attacks either. maybe extra attack from hoj but for sure not abilities (other then stormstrike)
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by NerZhulen » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:42 am

This zetox guy, he really likes dat legendary weapon.
mm kk
NerZhulen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:24 pm

showtime wrote:wf cant proc off windfury. blizzard changed that in middle of vanilla or something

also windfury is not suppose to proc off anything but auto attacks either. maybe extra attack from hoj but for sure not abilities (other then stormstrike)

Are you saying WF shouldn't proc off Sinister Strike or Mortal Strike ? Why wouldn't it, if it does from Stormstrike ?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Armilus » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:11 pm

WF is a weapon effect so it should be able to proc off any weapon attack.

They may have nerfed it in TBC but I'm pretty sure it could proc off any weapon attack in vanilla.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by showtime » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:10 am

Youfie wrote:
showtime wrote:wf cant proc off windfury. blizzard changed that in middle of vanilla or something

Are you saying WF shouldn't proc off Sinister Strike or Mortal Strike ? Why wouldn't it, if it does from Stormstrike ?

yes this is what im saying

blizzard specifically made so it could proc off stormstrike. those other moves should not proc it
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by showtime » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:10 am

Youfie wrote:

yes this is what im saying

blizzard specifically made so it could proc off stormstrike. those other moves should not proc it
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:59 am

during the MC testing, we were seeing mobs having both the thunderclap debuff and thunderfury 20% debuff as well. were they stacking and causing more than 20% slow on attack speed? not sure, but it should not be showing both buffs as the Thunderfury slow would overwrite any thunderclap debuff as it is a higher attack speed debuff and meant to do so in 1.9.0

"Patch 1.9.0(3-January-2006): The attack speed slowing effect from Thunderfury has been reduced to 20%, and no longer stacks with other such effects such as Thunderclap. The rate at which the weapon procs has also been lowered."
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes