Which class to play PvE?!

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Which class to play PvE?!

by erifornia » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:13 pm

palatank is overpowered in pve
erifornia
Grunt
Grunt

by Trolle » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:31 pm

erifornia wrote:palatank is overpowered in pve

And then comes Ebonroc =D
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mek » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Trolle wrote:Overpopulated/mostly played classes: DPS Warrior and Rogue

Shaman, Paladin, Druid, Priest: You will mostly just heal. Some argue for a shadow priest but thats one per guild tops. Melee Shaman/Druid and paladin is subpar to Rogues/Warriors (anyone saying but I can nightfall a melee shaman, yeah sure or if I gonna bother with it I'll just put it on a 2h fury warrior instead.) and Druid/Shaman casters have a serious mana problem.

Ranged DPS in order of most played: Mage, Warlock, Hunter
Tank: in 99% of the time, Warrior only

All the above is considered for PVE

For PVP almost all classes and specs can be useable for something.

IIRC, Elemental Shamans did pretty well in raids.
Mek
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Trolle » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Mek wrote:
Trolle wrote:Overpopulated/mostly played classes: DPS Warrior and Rogue

Shaman, Paladin, Druid, Priest: You will mostly just heal. Some argue for a shadow priest but thats one per guild tops. Melee Shaman/Druid and paladin is subpar to Rogues/Warriors (anyone saying but I can nightfall a melee shaman, yeah sure or if I gonna bother with it I'll just put it on a 2h fury warrior instead.) and Druid/Shaman casters have a serious mana problem.

Ranged DPS in order of most played: Mage, Warlock, Hunter
Tank: in 99% of the time, Warrior only

All the above is considered for PVE

For PVP almost all classes and specs can be useable for something.

IIRC, Elemental Shamans did pretty well in raids.

They do decent until they have no mana. Warlocks and Mages have ways to get mana back, lifetap for warlocks and mages have talents, mana gems and evocation. A shaman would need to seriously stack mp5 gear just to keep up mana wise and in doing so they gimp dmg. I don't actually think mp5 would be possible to keep a Shaman going all fight long. Shadow priests and Druids have the same problem.
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Oxytauren » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:14 pm

the debate continues.. i guess you play what you enjoy but suffer potential consequences when trying to raid.
Oxytauren
Grunt
Grunt

by Mythall » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:32 pm

Cheers for the replies, lots of great info. Just to confirm Drain i did not specify range/melee/heals/tank/dps and im open to all.
Im swaying towards druids as per usual, but i hear Bear tanking (my favorite) is quite obsolete, so im considering Heals.
Id rather play a naked dwarf than a ret pally, je deteste! I do enjoy shamans that limits me to horde, afraid my mate really enjoys alliance, and dwarfs. I really dont get it, but thats his thing o.O
The poll hasnt had a massive amount of replies but it does seem to favor toward certain class's, so will avoid rogues, cant play them that well anyway, but also imagine most will PvP.

Haha it is my thing indeed! Open to any class if it means playing original wow. Plan is to get a hunter to 60 asap rocky then plod along with my traditional dwarf pally with the monetry backing of my hunter. Keen as mustard for this
Mythall
Grunt
Grunt

by Oxytauren » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Brilliant! caught me off-guard there didnt expect you to spot that ;)
Cant wait to watch you running in with your hunter in cloth, 2h melee spec with your pet dismissed, true skillz
Oxytauren
Grunt
Grunt

by Mythall » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:37 pm

Haha can't wait to see you organising raid party's for hogger and spamming the trade channel with capslock not to mention sneaking off to booty bay to pretend your a pirate! Nab ;)
Mythall
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Mechanics and classes