Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

by smilkovpetko » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:00 am

Tarnum wrote:@Duki
I wonder if anyone still listens to you and takes you seriously. Even if you right on something, people just going to ignore you by default. You digging your own grave.

"The biggest nightmare will be for those who get disappointed by their expectation or believes".

Just keep that in your mind.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by VeloxBanks » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Just gonna remind people to go to the Crestfall forum and do their own research instead of listening to shillkov.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cardinalsin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:38 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
Tarnum wrote:@Duki
I wonder if anyone still listens to you and takes you seriously. Even if you right on something, people just going to ignore you by default. You digging your own grave.

"The biggest nightmare will be for those who get disappointed by their expectation or believes".

Just keep that in your mind.

Yes, it's all about managing expectations...

Will there be server queues and issues at the start? Yes
Will there be bugs at the start? Yes
Will there be toxic elements and unpleasant trolling and baiting? Yes
Will the server get flamed in reddit with complaints and bitching? Yes

In other words, it will have the same issues that all servers have had, including retail.

So what's the difference?

Own core emulator so bugs can fixed quickly and efficiently
Alpha+Beta+PTR testing live over 8 months assuming release end of year
A fantastic forum site with a brilliant community of like-minded people
A PvE realm from the get go
Progression through Expansion
End raids that actually function and challenge without just adding x hitpoints
A committed core of players who have been waiting for a server like this since Nost died (not saying Nost was the dogs by the way but it sure was fun to play on)

We're going to keep this up for months Duki. You only have two trains of thought and most people are pretty bored with you at this stage. You keep knocking us down, I'll just rebuild everything back up like new. Sooner or later, probably later, the penny/cent will finally drop.

We're here for good. We're going to do this right. We're going to have a high population. We're going to provide an enjoyable experience for all players for a number of years.
AKA Outstanding Opinions, threads and posts are my own
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Magnifican wrote:Anyway. Why dont the mods around here ban you for ruining thread after thread I wonder? Where's the line on this? Opinions are fine, but this is more akin to spam and obsession.

You can disagree with killerduki but he isn't insulting other posters and he isn't spamming, ie he is posting on-topic, regardless of what you think about his argument(s). Whether is he right or wrong does not matter.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Magnifican » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Pottu wrote:
Magnifican wrote:Anyway. Why dont the mods around here ban you for ruining thread after thread I wonder? Where's the line on this? Opinions are fine, but this is more akin to spam and obsession.

You can disagree with killerduki but he isn't insulting other posters and he isn't spamming, ie he is posting on-topic, regardless of what you think about his argument(s). Whether is he right or wrong does not matter.

Alright. Thanks for the answer. I did say that opinions are fine and whether he is right or wrong is irrelevant. Of course. It was the constant shilling crusade he is on that ruins and derails every thread. You even locked other threads down because of this. So I wondered where the line goes to whats ok and what isnt. I know plenty of forums that would've banned his a** by now. Nostalrius has always been pretty tolerant with toxic people so im not surprised he's still around though. Ah well.
Magnifican
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Magnifican » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Theoloras wrote:"I also noticed that Darkgrasp isnt the only dev you have an issue with, but Psojed from Kronos as well, which is just hilarious considering he is a vetaran paladin player as well that knows his sh*t on that class more than anyone."

Please tell me that you did not seriously mean that when you typed it...

Psojed - the Lead Paladin Tester on Kronos - is one of the stupidest people I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with on any private server.

He believes that Seal Twisting wasn't possible during Vanilla, that Holy Resistance is fine, that Judgement stacking isn't correct and that Seal of Command should be on the spell hit/crit table and as such be able to be resisted.

When I called him out on all of this bull$hit, he had me permanently banned from the Kronos forums. Several other players called him out on the forums about his behaviour towards me and that my perm ban was nowhere near warranted, yet I'm still banned.

Veteran Paladin player...I think not.

As far as Crestfall goes, I'm staying out of the debate because frankly I'm tired of stupid ignorant people - suffice to say that Holy Resistance existing there is beyond dumb.

Plus the fact that Imbaslap being Darkrasp's right hand man there makes me not want to touch that server with a 10 foot pole.

All things being equal, Elysium is the most "blizzlike" server BY FAR that I've seen or played on as far as Paladin spells and abilities. Like all private servers, it has some bugs here and there, but the professionalism of the devs there and their openness to player input via discord chat and the forums is pretty good.

I levelled a Paladin there to level 34 I think it was but then got a bit tired of the whole 1x levelling process. I am currently raiding on vanilla gaming with my boy Smiter. Sure VG is bugged as hell, but it's a fun romp to play there and I'm having fun:

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=49176

Where you or anyone else wants to play is your business not mine, but don't try to say that Duki doesn't know what he's talking about and don't ever try to say that Psojed is an example for other Paladins to emulate.

Wow. I gotta say im really surprised you are at the same level as Smil/Duki. Really thought you were always the more sane voice for paladins out there from posts in the past. Ah well.
Let me add the its not the opinions or issues themselves I oppose. I actually agree with alot of what your saying here, and some of what Smil/Duki says even. Its just the fanatic way you guys go about this (Duki especially). And your hostility towards servers that reject your thesis. I dont know what happened between you and Psojed, but I remember talking to him some on my alt account (for some reason) over at Kronos. He seemed pretty knowledgeable and also has alot of forumposts over there where he elaborates on alot regarding the class.

You say that "Psojed - the Lead Paladin Tester on Kronos - is one of the stupidest people I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with on any private server."
-Is he stupid because he disagreed and didnt find he had enough proof from you guys?

You say that "He believes that Seal Twisting wasn't possible during Vanilla", I knew it definitly was a thing in TBC, but how was it a thing in vanilla? Care to give any proof/source on this? Also any proof to judgement stacking? Im not saying you are wrong. Just interested in the sources.

I be the first to admit that im not this all-knowing fanatic that only plays one class so I could be wrong on stuff too, of course. And personally, I would love for non-holydins to get all the love they can, they sure needed it in vanilla. So by all means, give us this no holy resist and stuff. But when they say no, they say no. Going around to every forum out there just to spam and shill day after day is just lunacy.
From what you say here it does seem, at first glance, like Psojed did give you an unfair treatment. But on the other hand, considering how Killerduki goes about his behavior, its a shocker not ever server bans him immediately, no matter if he's right or not. So you say you called out his bullsh*t, I wonder how exactly this went to get you banned, no matter the issue itself, you might have overstepped forum rules and that was it, rather than the issue itself. Who knows, right? Im sure Psojed would say things differently so.

Plus the fact that Imbaslap being Darkrasp's right hand man there makes me not want to touch that server with a 10 foot pole.

Now. I asked you before what is up with this Imbaslap? You mentioned him before so whats the deal? Why dont you like him?

All things being equal, Elysium is the most "blizzlike" server BY FAR that I've seen or played on as far as Paladin spells and abilities. Like all private servers, it has some bugs here and there, but the professionalism of the devs there and their openness to player input via discord chat and the forums is pretty good.

This will all be blizzlike on Crestfall as well, as Darkgrasp acknowledged everything that Killerduki brought up in the forums, except of course holy resist. So if all else works, im pretty happy with that. And lets be totally honest here. There is no private server out there as open and transparent as Crestfall. Their newsletters alone tell us this. And also their discord chat is pretty great and responsive as well. But of course, its not even in beta yet so we will see.
And Elysium, again I dont want to bash the server, I respect them and wish them all the luck. They did openly admit that when they launched they did so on a stock mangos core with the usual private server bugs that we see everywhere, simply because they "restarted" their work on a new core as their old one wasnt cutting it anymore. So they had to redo and reapply all the fixes to the new standard core. They've been coming some way now from what I hear but it is what it is. There is no need to be all "Its the Most blizzlike EVER because they listened to us pallies with our non-official sources and claims". You cant take a statement like that seriously. Killerduki even said himself in his bug reports just how many things are still broken and/or buggy.

*yawns*

Im starting to get really tired of talking about this crap tbh. Maybe we should get back to topic of Crestfall and Crestfall alone now? Feel free to answer my questions though.
Magnifican
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cardinalsin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Pottu wrote:

Actually we do have a conflict of interest here. You see, Pottu is a Game Master here in Nostalrius but is also a senior Game Master on Elysium https://valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.php?showuser=44019

Killerduki/spilkovpetko is a die hard Elysium fan (although you never see him on the Elysium thread here bigging it up), and has an absolute obsession with denigrating the Crestfall server (even though it won't be launched for months).

So Pottu as Nostalrius GM should be perfectly neutral on Crestfall, Elysium, Kronos whatever, but does have a conflict of interest in being an Elysium SGM, as Crestfall is a very serious threat to its existence on the horizon.

Therefore, it must be very difficult for poor Pottu to take off his Elysium hat and put on his Nostalrius hat and vice versa, without bleeding bias.

Duki is a serial spammer. There can be no doubt about that. He is deliberately attempting to derail the Crestfall thread by spamming the same arguments over and over again. Unfortunately he is compromising Pottu in the process.

Sorry Pottu, I do like you as a GM, but I did try to warn you.
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by tilktilk4 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:26 am

cardinal sin you are judge to much you dont want to be m y enemy on crestfal trust me
tilktilk4
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cardinalsin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:09 pm

tilktilk4 wrote:cardinal sin you are judge to much you dont want to be m y enemy on crestfal trust me

I'm sure I don't want to be anyone's enemy on Crestfall. Other than physical violence, hacking accounts or flaming on the forums, what would 'be my enemy' amount to on a PvE server? If the intention is to chop my head off on BG's there is a very big waiting list out there, I'll try and accommodate everyone.
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Magnifican » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Cardinalsin wrote:
tilktilk4 wrote:cardinal sin you are judge to much you dont want to be m y enemy on crestfal trust me

I'm sure I don't want to be anyone's enemy on Crestfall. Other than physical violence, hacking accounts or flaming on the forums, what would 'be my enemy' amount to on a PvE server? If the intention is to chop my head off on BG's there is a very big waiting list out there, I'll try and accommodate everyone.

Ooh, so you gonna play on the PVE server. Nice. What faction? Im guessing alliance since your signiture and its PVE so :lol:
Im thinking on rolling there as well but im still unsure about the population numbers and the huge faction imbalance, I know ratio doesnt matter as much on a PVE server but still, im hoping for city raiding if we get the change to DHK xD
Magnifican
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic