Nostalgeek -> Nostalrius

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Nostalgeek -> Nostalrius

by James Goblin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:31 pm

@ septem What was, in your opinion, the reason (or reasons) for Nostalrius --> Nostalgeek exodus? Scripts, hacking, DDOS, financial/staff issues or something else? I´m just curious.
James Goblin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rewind » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:51 pm

James Goblin wrote:@ septem What was, in your opinion, the reason (or reasons) for Nostalrius --> Nostalgeek exodus? Scripts, hacking, DDOS, financial/staff issues or something else? I´m just curious.

Lack of population
rewind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by James Goblin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:41 am

rewind wrote:
James Goblin wrote:@ septem What was, in your opinion, the reason (or reasons) for Nostalrius --> Nostalgeek exodus? Scripts, hacking, DDOS, financial/staff issues or something else? I´m just curious.

Lack of population

The way I understand that answer, old Nos had something like problems with weak hype and lack of population from the very beginning, while other things were more or less OK?
James Goblin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Askental » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:12 am

James Goblin wrote:
rewind wrote:

Lack of population

The way I understand that answer, old Nos had something like problems with weak hype and lack of population from the very beginning, while other things were more or less OK?

Exactly.

Low population is a plague even on international servers, so you can imagine how it is within a smaller target audience (frenchies). Not to be mean, but I think everyone agrees that Nostalrius had (and still haves!) a better overall quality but Nostalgeek always had the higher population argument, so it naturally attracted new people. Most tried both, but did not stay on Nostalrius because it was too little, which did not help its case, etc.
I think we learned by now that the only way to get enough population is to create hype before opening, like Kronos and Nostalrius are doing at the moment but back then, it was just open from the beginning without too much communication efforts and Daemon and the team just developed it progressively. :)
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by James Goblin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:26 am

Ah, so Nostalgeek seems to be some kind of French Feenix? :mrgreen: Thanks for answering!
James Goblin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Askental » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:44 am

That's one way of putting it. :lol:
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by chocochip95 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:30 pm

James Goblin wrote:Ah, so Nostalgeek seems to be some kind of French Feenix? :mrgreen: Thanks for answering!

No, even feenix is better scripted :/
Xlydren - Troll Hunter <Raid Is Dead>
Siegfried - Human Paladin <Opera De Siegfried>
chocochip95
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Leadsx » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:03 pm

chocochip95 wrote:
James Goblin wrote:Ah, so Nostalgeek seems to be some kind of French Feenix? :mrgreen: Thanks for answering!

No, even feenix is better scripted :/

Nice joke here is a standing ovation.
Leadsx
Grunt
Grunt

by septem » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Shadowlurk wrote:The answer is NO.

Stop making retarded threads like this.

I was just asking since I didn't find any other topic talking about that, no need to be mean mister niceguy.

Like they said, I guess it was the lack of population even if every one knew that Nostalrius was better scripted.

erifornia wrote:"Blizzlike"
And then :
http://nostalgeek-serveur.com/index.php?box=shop
Legit.

I know it's not really blizzlike but that's what they are claiming, not me :) The shop don't sell any gear tho.

[Jekyll] Feral Drood on Nostalrius
[Eve] Heal Priest on Nostalgeek
<Leviathan>
septem
Private
Private

by Skuggor » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:55 am

Hahah couldn't agree more :lol:
Skuggor
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic