[LF] Web (object-oriented PHP) developer for an WoW related

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

[LF] Web (object-oriented PHP) developer for an WoW related

by minikN » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello.

I'm currently looking for 1 web developer able to program oo PHP using a framework called Laravel. If you have some experience in PHP and are willing to learn how to work with a MVC Framework along the way, this might be suitable for you as well.

I'm currently working on a wow related project. Of course, It'd be nice to know what I'm talking about, but since my project is still in an early beta stage, I'd like to keep it under the radar as long as possible. I can tell you this: It's going to be what I would called the "missing link" in the private server community. I'm mostly in need of someone being able to both code the front- and backend. Since Laravel makes it so easy to produce reliable code, you don't have to be super experienced with PHP, altohugh it is a good foundation. All in all it's about 8-12 weeks of work before release.
What is import is, that I'm looking for a reliable person. Not one who's reachable once a week or so. I don't require you to work on the project 5h a day, but consecutively.

Requirements:
• 18+
• Friendly
• Being able to spend some time to the project
• A foundation in PHP / HTML, CSS, MySQL
• Optional: JavaScript, jQuery
• Optional: Knowledge in object oriented PHP
• Optional: Knowledge in Laravel (MVC Framework)
One last important thing to point out is of course that I'm looking for someone to volunteer. Sorry but you can't really expect to be paid as a freelance in this community. I've been solo working on my project for a couple of months now, unless I realized I need help if I plan to release this thing some time soon. Basically see it like this: The guys from Nostalrius built this amazing server for us, for free. I'm building something else for the community, for free.

I know all of this sounds kinda vague because I'm not specifically telling you guys what I'm talking about, but give it a try, toss me a message or hit me up on IRC: #ember @ QuakeNet, and we can give it a talk.

Thank you.
minikN
Private
Private

Re: [LF] Web (object-oriented PHP) developer for an WoW rela

by Noxm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 pm

What do you want to build with Laravel Framework ?
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by minikN » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:04 am

Noxm wrote:What do you want to build with Laravel Framework ?

As I said before. Message me or hit me up in IRC.
minikN
Private
Private

by Mimma » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:28 am

I tried to figure out what Laravel was, and the web site is stuffed with good words and intentions, but not a single "About Laravel" or anything else which makes me much wiser (as a C/C++, C#, PHP, Java, Javascript, LUA developer).

But it must be good at whatever it does! :-)
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by minikN » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Mimma wrote:I tried to figure out what Laravel was, and the web site is stuffed with good words and intentions, but not a single "About Laravel" or anything else which makes me much wiser (as a C/C++, C#, PHP, Java, Javascript, LUA developer).

But it must be good at whatever it does! :-)

Let me help you. Laravel is a MVC (Model - View - Controller) Framework for PHP. Similiar to CodeIgniter or some other. So it basically changes your way of coding from a linear, vintage style to a object oriented style. Basically, everything has it's place within your application. A view for example is just a simple template that displays content. Never ever will you find logic in a view. A route handels a HTTP request and sends it to a appropriate controller method, and so on, and so on.

I don't know how experienced you are with PHP, but if the term MVC-Framework is familiar to you, Laravel is just that. And it's very good at being that :P
minikN
Private
Private

by Mimma » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm using Razor MVC3 and 4 frameworks for .NET, so I know the basics. I've coded PHP for 15+ years (not with MVC frameworks though - wrote my own for that), so I would call myself pretty experienced.

Thanks for the explanation.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Return to Off topic