The best scripted TBC PvP server around.

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: The best scripted TBC PvP server around.

by Imbaslap » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Hawt wrote:http://looking4group.eu/

Hype?

Already checked out their scripts on the currently open realm right now.

http://looking4group.eu/forums/showthread.php?tid=102

I gave my short analysis on the overall server and consider it a 3/10 in terms of Core support and functionality. this is including Movement maps(blink/charge through world, mobs running through walls/floor), Mob AI (caster mobs standing still when interrupted and so on). it is a stock core and has not been touched.

I also watched https://www.twitch.tv/luckyloui do gruul's lair and saw the damage values on the mobs/bosses to be way undertuned/inaccurate. the caster mobs were interruptable and stood still doing nothing (no charging the target to melee). compare it to feenix twin emps and other scripts for mob AI.

beginner experience. 7/10. I give it 7/10 because when you make a toon, you are greeted by a dancing murloc with a top hat. after going through the menu's, you get equipped with all 70 gear (actually equipped on your character, not some shitty bug crap that vengeance/playtbc does). you learn your professions at the murloc and even have the profession tools like skinning knife and so on given to you.

however, as soon as I walked through the dark portal, I saw no demons fighting or anything happening. it has cross faction grouping and raiding. there are guilds with horde and alliance players in the same raid group. (non blizzlike). same with battlegrounds.

overall, 4/10 , just under playtbc and vengeancewow in terms of quality.

I recommend waiting for Gummycraft/Corecraft for a future TBC server with a quality core, not some overhyped youtube video of a stock core.

Nostalrius had bugs.. that's fine. but it had a great core in terms of movement maps and Mob AI compared to the others. this is the foundation of the game.. you cannot raid and say its well scripted when mobs stand still if silenced.. if mobs run through walls and can be exploitable.. you cannot pvp or take arena seriously if you're feared underground or through a wall. it's a critical thing to consider when browsing private servers.

actual gameplayability > basic scripts of dungeons/raids.

another possibility is if blizzard released legacy servers.. either way, don't get your hopes up yet.. many people are scouting these so called "well scripted" servers and they are not near the quality the playerbase requires them to be or to take them seriously.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Kolltrem » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:44 am

Nothing hype on this one..

So, the script is how?

Imbaslap how can you judge this serveur on 04/25 if he was open the 04/27.. You must no compared the new real with the old fun realm..
Lieutenant-Commander Kolltrem - Hunter (PvP realm)
Road to the r11 : R10 - IIII...... - R11
Kolltrem
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Kolltrem wrote:Nothing hype on this one..

So, the script is how?

Imbaslap how can you judge this serveur on 04/25 if he was open the 04/27.. You must no compared the new real with the old fun realm..

tried both.. the new realm is a carbon copy of the old fun realm.

same issues.

watch freeznfire's stream more as he was playing it yesterday and pointed out a few things that felt off with that server. (what's broken and really really unappealing)

a lot of it was the same issues on the fun realm.. but feel free to give it a try and give your opinion about it. I personally didn't like it, nor felt like investing in a server lacking a lot this early. I still need to see how playtbc re-launch goes to see if it is still a pile of garbage that it was at launch, and how they handle it. I still wanna see what gummy's server offers this summer.

still lots to try before calling a server "home" in my opinion. ;)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Kolltrem » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:36 am

Dude the new realm is very better of the old serv!

The hunter work really (for now..) except the pet!

So i think the server is good! Better than vengeance but idk if it is better than PlayTBC.

Let's try the server, for me is very not bad! I have only 36 ms with 2400 online (i live in europe)
Lieutenant-Commander Kolltrem - Hunter (PvP realm)
Road to the r11 : R10 - IIII...... - R11
Kolltrem
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Athene » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:38 am

Phoenix-Network (fr) was the best :D we had chess event on live realm even before CC made it to PTR,
RIP french servers :'(
<Genesis>
youtube.com/GenesisGuilde

MSBT [Continued] landed on Nostalrius, check it here: forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1721
Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Meru » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Athene wrote:Phoenix-Network (fr) was the best :D we had chess event on live realm even before CC made it to PTR,
RIP french servers :'(

Oh, good old times... and you forgot about Teron's fight with functionnal ghosts before that chess event script was released ;)
Meru
Tester

by Arucado » Tue May 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Smolderforge is cool.

It's a TBC server pretty close to what AT was
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Off topic