The best scripted TBC PvP server around.

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: The best scripted TBC PvP server around.

by Dr. Doom » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:12 am

Norjak wrote:You do realize that Corecraft is instant-58 follwing a short quest? Pretty much the same thing. Since there are such strong feelings about it, where is the TBC server without instant leveling?

I have kept arguing about this point in Corecraft. It's not instant 58 per se, it's some 'RP quest' that takes you from 1 to 58 in apparently 2 hours.

Lots of raving have been faced. In the end I proposed something like this: Keep fast track to 58 for the first month of the server if the point is to mirror the supposed Hellfire swarmfest, and then remove it after that period when alt levelling begins and 1x is necessary.

But yes, it's a complete shame and failure that all TBC servers seem to be unable to shake freebie/boost logic.
If Nostalrius proved anything is that people prefer the damn experience unpoluted, not a convenience little game that caters to people with impatience.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by ceen2 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:38 am

Arenagodx wrote:UPDATE: Server went from 100+ people during peak to 500+ people during peak hours!. Tons of 2's and solo 3's ques now and they even opened normal 3's because of the huge pop increase. With their obviously being no good blizzlike tbc server atm until either Corecraft or Blizzard legacy server releases might as well play this to practice and get good until then.

WoW 500 players awesome! :roll:
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Noxm » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:39 am

Corecraft PTR
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Sharax » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
Norjak wrote:You do realize that Corecraft is instant-58 follwing a short quest? Pretty much the same thing. Since there are such strong feelings about it, where is the TBC server without instant leveling?

I have kept arguing about this point in Corecraft. It's not instant 58 per se, it's some 'RP quest' that takes you from 1 to 58 in apparently 2 hours.

Lots of raving have been faced. In the end I proposed something like this: Keep fast track to 58 for the first month of the server if the point is to mirror the supposed Hellfire swarmfest, and then remove it after that period when alt levelling begins and 1x is necessary.

But yes, it's a complete shame and failure that all TBC servers seem to be unable to shake freebie/boost logic.
If Nostalrius proved anything is that people prefer the damn experience unpoluted, not a convenience little game that caters to people with impatience.

Would you delete your main when a new expansion comes out so you can relevel from 1 to the new end-game level? Nope, pretty stupid, right?

But that's kinda what you're suggesting that people do if they play on an expansion-specific, non-progressive server. Redo the entire journey from scratch, even if you already play on another Vanilla server.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:49 pm

Sharax wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:

Would you delete your main when a new expansion comes out so you can relevel from 1 to the new end-game level? Nope, pretty stupid, right?

But that's kinda what you're suggesting that people do if they play on an expansion-specific, non-progressive server. Redo the entire journey from scratch, even if you already play on another Vanilla server.

Quite the stupid comparison. Corecraft is a TBC server that had no vanilla chapter previously.
It is therefore just like a Blizzard realm created in 2007 or 2008. When you levelled in those servers you didn't get a freebie boost to skip all vanilla content. You levelled through it.

If I were to play a TBC server that had no previous chapter I would do it of course.

Not sure what "having played in another vanilla server" has to do with anything. Before I played Nostalrius, I had levelled multiple times from 1 to 60 at 1x. If I were to play a new vanilla server, I wouldn't throw a hissy fit because I levelled here as well. Why? Because levelling is an essential part of the game. If you want to play it, then play it.

Not sure what's wrong with these sad little people who somehow give this impression of wanting to get boosted for whatever reason. I have beat Chrono Trigger, the best RPG game in history, several times. Whenever I play it again, I do so from level 1 and 0 gold to enjoy the game. When I play Super Mario Bros 3, I don't moan to the world about having to start at world 1, stage 1. It is the game after all.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Hawt wrote:http://looking4group.eu/

Hype?

Hype is for losers.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Hawt » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:14 pm

heyyy hEyy dont be so rude!!
Hawt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by põwer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:29 pm

I think L4G is the best TBC server to go so far.. They've everything (talking about Dungeons/Raids & Pvp Mechanics) scripted till sunwell 3/6..

They ofc have some bugs but not major issues that's gamebreaking
põwer
Tester

by vaylane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Petroix wrote:Play tbc is stupid fun instant 60 for lames and noobs who can't play mmorpg where leveling is the most characteristic thing. Did new players on retail get instant 60? No. You had to level it in vanilla.

Gtfo.
Only blizzlike.

Amen to that, and next round of beers is on me mate!
vaylane
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic