Rebirth - A new player's experience.

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Rebirth - A new player's experience.

by roshanvraj » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi all,

First off, I'd like to say that I have been a long time Nostalrius player and I like most of you have been terribly gutted by the news of our server shutting down. The friends, memories and experiences I have had will never be forgotten.

I cannot thank the devs and everyone behind the scenes of Nost enough.

Now, to the primary reason why I wanted to make this post. I have been watching the forums since the bad news broke and one thing I have noticed is the influx of new server advertising I have seen. While they have every right to do so, I have looked into a lot of these and they honestly seem like projects that have not been fully thought through. Kronos (no introduction needed) on the other hand is where everyone seems to be heading. I haven't had the best experience playing there and I have my worries about whether their team can truly deliver in doing justice to this population influx.

What I want to do here is give you some perspective on The Rebirth, an excellent quality script Vanilla server that has been around for about more than 4 years.

Running a /who the moment I logged in gave me a bleak sight - 250 people... yikes. But I stuck around.

I'm glad I did, because that server has the nicest bloody community I have come across in ages. I usually avoid using the GMs of a sever as a litmus test to see how good a server is, what really matters to me is the community, scripting quality and how true the experience is to the original game. And boy, the guys at Rebirth deliver on all these.

I am not too worried about the low population, it's been climbing ever since and there's a big inflow of new players you're always going to run into people your own level. The GMs for that matter are extremely quick to answer any questions or reports.

That's it - just my two cents on The Rebirth since I feel not many people know about it's quality with all the hype surrounding new servers and Kronos.

Lastly, I feel its important to disclose that I am just a player there and nothing more. You can hit me up on Anaema (Horde side) to say hi if you want :)

Cheers for reading and sorry for the wall of text! :P
roshanvraj
Tester

Re: Rebirth - A new player's experience.

by Roadbl0ck » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:57 pm

I already have an account on Rebirth (and Kronos for that matter) from the time I was shopping around servers earlier this year before finding a home on Nostalrius.

I might fire it up again.
I do recall from the little time I played (I leveled each to 5-6 just to get a feel of the world / quest scripts, npc scripts, latency etc) that it looked pretty good.

It was the population of Nostalrius that won me over and what kept me here was the admins philosophy:
Uncompromisingly blizz-like, progressive patching, no bs +exp events, no perks for donations or a cash shop (I did donate regardless)

I know alot of people are headed for the next most populated thing (Kronos) or TrueWoW/PrimalWoW but there's big red flags for me on either (one recently had 7x xp event and has premium features, the other is emulating vanilla on a wotlk client and has premium features and variable xp rates as well)

So yea Rebirth might be worth another look, population aside.
Unfortunately my original forum account was locked out.
You can find my previous posts here.
Roadbl0ck
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Tsarmina » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:09 pm

I'm of the mind to wait and see. See what happens, if anything, with Nost. And see where the majority of players end up. I can wait, I'm patient. (and I hear the newbie areas in Kronos are overloaded)
Tsarmina
Private
Private

by HawkZombie » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:10 pm

I personally like Rebirth...there's a 5x Quest XP only event going on right now, but other than that it feels VERY close to what Nost had as far as scripting and feel.

It is a bit of a ghost town, but if more people populate it, should improve the overall quality (especially the AH)

I've heard nothing but bad things about Kronos, however.

EDIT: One very annoying thing that I can't seem to fix is the game constantly crashed to desktop for me, while I never had that issue with Nost.
HawkZombie
Tester

by Hawkened » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Just came in here to give my 2 cents on the server.

Right now there is a 5x event going on. This is a plus for old Nost players to catch up with their old level (if they didn't level up to 60) or even to rush to 60 to start playing the game how you where when you where playing on Nost.

I started playing about two days ago and i have to say the scripting is very good. I've been boucing from Kronos to Rebirth to Vengeace (Vengeace is a buggy mess) and honestly Kronos and Rebirth are very on par in terms of quality.

I think if you want a good community, go with Rebirth. The population has spiked a lot recently and hopefully it will increase a lot more in the future.

One thing that makes Rebirth trump over Kronos is the donation system. The rebirth takes absolutely so donations. Compare this to Kronos where you can buy stuff with real money including, Characters (leveled by real players), Mounts, Pets, Tabards ect.
Hawkened
Tester

by roshanvraj » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Hawkened wrote:Just came in here to give my 2 cents on the server.

Right now there is a 5x event going on.

Would probably help to clarify that this is a 5x quest experience event.

And yeah, I totally forgot to mention their no donation policy over all these years. Was a big plus sign in my books.
roshanvraj
Tester

by Jym » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Thought I would mention my experience as our entire guild has re-rolled over to Rebirth from Nostalrius.

Firstly, the server isn't without issues but from first glance there is way less annoyances here than Nost PVE ever had. No trade bug. No lock portal bug. You catch the drift. Also, of all instances we have tried so far, everything is really smooth and very well scripted.

The community here on rebirth is awesome! I've seen it grow from sub 100 to 600 active players already and i'm having a blast being a part of it.

ps. Anyone from Grey Dawn who's still lagging behind please /join greydawn and we'll let you know where we're at. Horde this time.
Jym, Protection Warrior
Officer <Grey Dawn>
Jym
Tester

by Rhoen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:27 pm

rebirth stole money from their playerbase and then brushed it under the rug. Do with that what you will.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Miru » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:46 pm

join us :D
Miru PVP Alliance
Malister PVE Horde
Miru
Grunt
Grunt

by Arravax » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Indeed, I've been playing on Rebirth for about a three days now, and I must vouch too for their good scripting. The population is about 500 people at peak time, and I think it will continue to grow. It is a very nice server for the Nost refugees.

Miru wrote:join us :D

I joined Murloc Holmes, awesome guild, great name :D. For the Horde!!!
Arravax
Tester

Next

Return to Off topic