Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

by snawfu » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:32 pm

Bearier wrote:Just an FYI:

According to Darkrasp, it's not the TrinityCore or any server-side stuff they're using that he claims has this logic in it. It's the actual client that all players are using, which is why they aren't changing it. That's what he claims, anyway. I remember reading it in the Paladin thread when he was arguing with Duki. I'll check it later to find where he said that and provide a source. (I'm at work right now and their forum is blocked)

http://imgur.com/a/OpfI3
@duki this is how you dump pictures btw.

So I've just done this. Instead of Pottu's uninformed post, this is actual research (originally by Crestfall team) and facts, not wowwiki articles that can be edited by anyone (which are based on the player's interpretation of how things worked in 2006).

This is the second to last post (last post will be on the Elysium open bugtracker to make sure you lads get it right) I'm making on the subject, there is no way to argue against the actual game files that I've just opened for you to read; keep in mind you can do this as well with your own WOW installation in case you think I'm faking a WOW installation and have inserted things into the game files to prove a point (lmao).
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Pottu » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:52 pm

Well that certainly settles the issue. Following this thread - and this thread only - I thought there was a case either way because CF used data from emulator core. That linked image dump proves that it's from client side. Case closed.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Eloah » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:24 pm

Like the argument "hurr durr thats a private server client" or whatever wasn't retarded enough, its nice that someone dug up their cd's ))))
Eloah
Private
Private

by Bearier » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:30 pm

And Snawfu wins the day. Major kudos for doing the heavy lifting for everyone to put this sh*t to rest.
Bearier
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:54 pm

Pottu wrote:Well that certainly settles the issue. Following this thread - and this thread only - I thought there was a case either way because CF used data from emulator core. That linked image dump proves that it's from client side. Case closed.

Pottu , the point is that Characters did negate any form of holy resistance brought by Items and Buffs with "All Resistance" , since from 0.7 Patch removed Holy Resistance from Characters .

I brought this evidence on Nostalrius Bugtracker when Elitistjerks was still active and able to use it.
Sadly Nostalrius Bugtracker was removed the evidence gone with it and Elitistjerks is also offline for that.

There was guy explaining when he use "All Resistance" the API did shown him automatic negate on Holy at the same value as he increased and he was automatically 0 .

Here is the guy from 2006 explaining how it work :

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Talk:Spell_hit/Archive01

--doogless 14:44, 7 June 2006 (PST)

"Unless those were wrong" indeed, considering one completly disagrees with the other, and all three are made agos ago. Since then anything could have changed.

The command I was thinking of is based on API_UnitResistance, something like /script A,B,C,D = UnitResistance("player",1); SendChatMessage(" "..C); would show your current HR as a number. My findings on this are odd- without MoTW I have 0 HR which would be expected. With the buff it listests a bonus of +20... and my bases is now -20. SO they actually "cheat" to keep your resistance at 0. Buuut, that is a little off this topic :)

This is what Darkrasp cannot grasp and other folks here.
I did not went back to history and rewrite that comment from 2006 :( .

Even Blizzard already said : https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t3 ... 2382_o.jpg
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Bearier » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:11 am

I am curious to know if they did that for every single instance where Holy Resist would be increased, or if it was just an isolated thing with Mark of the Wild.

Also, your GM ticket is useless. It is a relatively new question; that GM probably didn't even work for Blizzard when Vanilla was relevant. The only way to get a for-sure answer from blizzard would be to ask someone who would know for sure like Kaplan or Chilton, since they made those design choices back in the day. Maybe you could try emailing them? Who knows.. maybe they'll actually answer because the fact that you're showing interest in some of their older work will pique their curiosity.
Bearier
Grunt
Grunt

by Theoloras » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:25 am

My 2 coppers seeing as I am no coder, but from what I can see with MotW, here is both the tooltip and Resistance effect that comes from the spell:

Mark of the Wild
Rank 7
445 mana
30 yd range
Instant
Increases the friendly target's armor by 285, all attributes by 12 and all resistances by 20 for 30 min.

Effect #3 (6) Apply Aura #143: Mod Resistance Exclusive (126)
Value: 20

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=9885

But according to Duki's source from June 2006 (just before vanilla patch 1.11), Blizzard specifically coded above and beyond on the server compared to what is listed in the client files so as to remove any +Holy Resistance that would come from it.

My findings on this are odd- without MoTW I have 0 HR which would be expected. With the buff it listests a bonus of +20... and my bases is now -20. SO they actually "cheat" to keep your resistance at 0. Buuut, that is a little off this topic :)

This is even with the almighty 126 Resistance mask number that both Snawfu and Darkrasp go on and on about:

Effect gained from Magic Resistance Potion
Effect #1 (6) Apply Aura #143: Mod Resistance Exclusive (126)
Value: 50

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9036
Resistance mask number 126, which means every resistance but physical(armor).
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theoloras » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:26 am

The same argument I made above can be said for Mage Armor as well:

Mage Armor
Rank 3
490 mana
Instant
Increases your resistance to all magic by 15 and allows 30% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

Effect #1 (6) Apply Aura #22: Mod Resistance (126)
Value: 15
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=22783

Should all Mages be able to gain +15 Holy Resistance in a similar fashion to Druids and MOTW?

The only difference being that MOTW can be cast on everyone.
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wolfrig » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:09 am

Hey Pottu, could you please make a seperate thread named "Holy Resist" or something and move some of these posts there? Cause I get the feeling that about 80% of Crestfall thread is actually gonna be paladin thread.

I just don't want newcomers to see the holy resistance arguement dominating the whole Crestfall thread.
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Roadbl0ck » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:18 am

Theoloras wrote:My 2 coppers seeing as I am no coder<snip>

But according to Duki's source from June 2006 (just before vanilla patch 1.11), Blizzard specifically coded above and beyond on the server compared to what is listed in the client files so as to remove any +Holy Resistance that would come from it.

My findings on this are odd- without MoTW I have 0 HR which would be expected. With the buff it listests a bonus of +20... and my bases is now -20. SO they actually "cheat" to keep your resistance at 0. Buuut, that is a little off this topic :)

That's not conclusive by any stretch of the imagination because (a) he mentions "bases" plural and (b) the actual script posted does not print base to chat, only bonus.
So in effect what you have here is a guy posting in a wowwiki talk page about the formula of another guy from a post we do not have and the formula shown cannot even be used as is for showing base resistance.

+1 to Wolfrig suggestion to move the holy resistance meme to a separate thread.
Unfortunately my original forum account was locked out.
You can find my previous posts here.
Roadbl0ck
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic