Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

by Theoloras » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 pm

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... questions/

I'm not going to bother playing on Crestfall or setting up a forum account either but I did read the
"Paladin Tanking Theorycraft Questions" post above.

While it provides a general overview of abilities, it completely misses the highest threat ability bar none that a Prot Paladin tanking in a 20/40 man raid brings, which consumes no resources or require any +spell dmg on weapon/ gear whatsoever and ends the war vs pally argument once and for all in the paladin's favour over who does more threat.

Check the screenshot below and see if you guys can figure it out:

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/5835/pGYMiO.jpg
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:30 am

Since you again bringing this up often and often like other folks here and ignoring pottu responds.

Magnifican wrote:but I do believe Crestfall is right about Holy resist (as are every other server except Elysium,

by Cardinalsin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:18 pm
What's the worst that can happen? If they say no you have another stick to beat us with

https://scontent-otp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t3 ... 5685_o.jpg

The pin point of "Darkrasp" is that he have no evidence of his claim, he didn't prove anything and he claim to trust his bugged Core and Imbaslap, nothing more but empty words without evidence as he always do .

Meanwhile you have Blizzard official responds and many other evidences which are clear/pure evidence for that in many forms proving my point:
http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-general/7839230.htm
http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fo ... 35023376#6
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t3 ... 2382_o.jpg
http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=686 ... resistance

catchmeifyoucan said:
Mage armor (rank4) - resist all schools + 18
Flask of Chromatic Resistance (Elixir) - resist all schools +35 and + all stats 18 (2hours continues through death)
Magic Resistance Potion - resist all schools +50 (3mins)

By Catahe on 2007/12/31 at midnight (Patch 2.3.0)
As i understand it...
Those do not raise holy resistance because holy does not count as a resistable school of magic. (let me rephrase... it is a school just not a school you can stack resistance against) just pop open ur char sheet and notice how holy is not a resistance you can have.

By Thelion on 2008/01/02 at 4:16 AM (Patch 2.3.0)
Holy is not affected by resists.It's only affected by character level difference and in some rare cases can be resisted.But even if you had like 300 to all resistances you still would take Holy damage.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_schools_(WoW)#Holy
Items and Buffs which give a bonus to all resistances, such as Mage Armor, do not include Holy resistance,

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_schools_(WoW)?oldid=343627
Revision as of 02:05, November 26, 2006
It is not possible to build resistance to Holy magic

At the end of the day , it is not who is right or who is wrong , it is who brings evidence.

You can deny this as much as you want , but i did not personally go back in time and rewrite the history of these posts/topics.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Grave » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:09 am

Holy resistance implementation will be the downfall of Crestfall bois. I can see it. /s
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:23 am

it's going to be 2050 and you retards will still think holy spells shouldn't be resisted.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by nervous » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:19 pm

does it really matter since paladins are a healing class?
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Blib » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:55 pm

tfw you start a 36 pages long argument about the mechanics on a server you aren't going to play on anyways. That's when you know you got your priorities straight.
Blib
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wolfrig » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Guys, it was a really nice idea to try and bring Duki back to CF, and I really mean it. A real, mature peace offering, but it's obvious he is way too immature and stuck in the whole Holy resist thing to even consider such a possibility. It's a shame, really, cause Holy resist aside, I believe Duki would be quite an asset for CF.

Duki, what are you going to do now that Elysium is taking on the Nost code? That means Holy resist like it once was, right?
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:16 pm

As far as I can see, the argument revolves down to Darkrasp believing the emulation code found in Trinity Core (or whichever core CF is using as the base for their project) that lists two different codes for "resist all schools" whereas Duki assumes that the emulator code was written wrong in the first place and holy resistance has never existed outside of the regular, level difference resist thing. Holy resistance could have been a hidden "fluke" in the system, only granted by the two items listed previously in the thread or whoever wrote that part of the emulator code mixed things up. Unless we get the original code from Blizzard or one of the original vanilla programmers to state one way or the other, we will never know for sure which is correct.

In any case, going on and on about it and bringing up implementation on other servers is not productive. It's a dead horse at this point. Everybody, kindly drop that subject and focus on discussing other elements of CF - there should be enough.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Cardinalsin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:57 pm

@pottu I agree it should be dropped. For posterity though, I think it's only fair to give the factual perspective of Darkrasp and the staff there. In answer to Duki's requests for fixes to the Paladin class as per perceived issues in emulators he gave a fairly detailed analysis here:

As you can see, the team were happy to work with Duki on pretty much all his requests, some on the basis that additional information was provided. The Holy Resistance meme was rejected though. The reason given is that it's in the client itself. If you have a copy of the original vanilla game it's hard-coded into the data as part of School Mask 126. This includes Holy. If a mob resists school mask 126 it ends up resisting Holy.

It's nothing to do with emulators it's to do with retail world of warcraft.

Is this fair? Probably not. But vanilla isn't meant to be fair. Crestfall are not going to implement things to balance up the classes, that's what TBC is for, mostly. We could spend years QQ'ing about Boomkins and Enhancement Shamans but we don't.

As stated before, the best thing Duki could do is apply for Beta testing to ensure Paladins are working as intended. If Duki wants to play on Nost or Elysium servers that is fine too. Although seeing as they are running the Nost cores he will have the same problem with Holy Resistance.

(thanks for your patience Pottu, we'll move on from here)
AKA Outstanding Opinions, threads and posts are my own
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bearier » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Pottu wrote:As far as I can see, the argument revolves down to Darkrasp believing the emulation code found in Trinity Core (or whichever core CF is using as the base for their project) that lists two different codes for "resist all schools" whereas Duki assumes that the emulator code was written wrong in the first place and holy resistance has never existed outside of the regular, level difference resist thing. Holy resistance could have been a hidden "fluke" in the system, only granted by the two items listed previously in the thread or whoever wrote that part of the emulator code mixed things up. Unless we get the original code from Blizzard or one of the original vanilla programmers to state one way or the other, we will never know for sure which is correct.

In any case, going on and on about it and bringing up implementation on other servers is not productive. It's a dead horse at this point. Everybody, kindly drop that subject and focus on discussing other elements of CF - there should be enough.

Just an FYI:

According to Darkrasp, it's not the TrinityCore or any server-side stuff they're using that he claims has this logic in it. It's the actual client that all players are using, which is why they aren't changing it. That's what he claims, anyway. I remember reading it in the Paladin thread when he was arguing with Duki. I'll check it later to find where he said that and provide a source. (I'm at work right now and their forum is blocked)
Bearier
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic