im playing draenor

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

im playing draenor

by Arucado » Sun May 08, 2016 5:51 pm

yes, a friend bought me 1 month so don't blame me, graphics are cool tho

lets see how long takes this to make me /quit again
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: im playing draenor

by marcheprime » Sun May 08, 2016 10:58 pm

I played my old lock Blacksabath created in 2005 on defia brotherhood during 3 single days before quitting.It is my first character ever and my favorite one,but I couldn't stand wod.(I start wow in 2005 and left at the release of cataclysm)
To sum: No template anymore,gameplay of my lock hardly recognizable,totally lost with transformation due to cataclysm,bgs turned into flashs of colors,new races new mix class/races...it was too for me right after vanilla.
I have to add that I tried one dungeon:i didn't finish it with a single guy i started with,ppl quit without a word and are replaced by the group finder...the strategy for the dungeon >>>kill & burst.
My lock will stay lvl 84 ,perhaps i ll try legion,but i really hope legacy servers. For the moment "wow is dead"

The shock between wow vanilla (nost) and wod is dramatically disappointing
marcheprime
Private
Private

by Rikkisix » Fri May 13, 2016 3:07 pm

If you got friends, and they beg you to stay... Maybe past a month, if not then a few weeks.... There's really nothing to do.
Also known As Rageheart / Pintero Or the guy who's been hittin on tauren woman since 05?
Rikkisix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Arucado » Fri May 13, 2016 10:28 pm

Rikkisix wrote:If you got friends, and they beg you to stay... Maybe past a month, if not then a few weeks.... There's really nothing to do.

i only played 1 day. I feel sorry for those 85k gold that a friend gave me...

it was like , what do i do now? i went to take the legendary quests of the ring and before i could join a heroic dungeon i had to do the proving grounds.

After 2 hours of soloplay i joined an heroic dungeon thro the dungeon finder. It was like pull and pull and nothing more than pull and do stupid numbers of dps just smashing 3 buttons without even watching the window, no one talked, in fact i went afk of boring and they continued clearing without me (they didnt even need me).

Then i got out and went to that empty stormwind only with mobs around... it was like holy crap, to sum up, wow is definitely dead, that shit was completely unplayable
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 pm

You can auto attack your way through all content in the game. It doesn't matter at all and no one will care. Assuming someone kicked you out, oh no, just queue for the next one with the magic button and go right back in. Any sense of community, reputation, consequence, socializing, have been dead and gone for a long time. It's been turned into a singleplayer game, where the people you group with may as well be bots. You've never seen them before, will probably never seen them again, they don't exist on your own realm, and you'll never talk to them except to say "GO". Questing out in the world is entirely soloable now, requiring no teamwork for anything at all, and raids are now played by the Dungeon Finder, so there's nothing left. You may as well play Skyrim, or Witcher, or hell, Dark Souls. The entire reason to play a MMO has been stripped out of modern day MMOs, which is why the entire genre is in the toilet now vs MOBAs. MMOs should be all about a persistent open world, not instances, and should revolve around player interactions and teamwork.

Originally, WoW required you to group to do almost anything. Many quests were group/elite(now removed), dungeons were difficult if people didn't know what they were doing(now removed), raids required joining organized guilds with schedules and practicing boss fight mechanics(now removed). You don't even run to content anymore. They teleport you there and back. Any immersion or connection you had with the world you're supposed to be a part of is dead and gone.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by marcheprime » Sat May 14, 2016 9:45 am

I see conclusions are the same.Playing retail right after Nost shut down showed me the emptiness of Wod with more accuracy yet.
But the fact I couldn't recognize the gameplay of my favorite character I used to play from vanilla to end of wolkt,really annoyed me...i really liked my warlock.
For the other things you all explained well(dungeons,players interactions and so on)
I really hope legacies but I think blizzard is now too greedy or stupid to open such servers.
And the retail players are so different now..they couldn't play vanilla anymore,too lazy (even in a video game that's possible to be lazy...yes)
Ps:English not my mother tong
marcheprime
Private
Private

by Forcerius » Mon May 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Arucado wrote:
Rikkisix wrote:If you got friends, and they beg you to stay... Maybe past a month, if not then a few weeks.... There's really nothing to do.

i only played 1 day. I feel sorry for those 85k gold that a friend gave me...

it was like , what do i do now? i went to take the legendary quests of the ring and before i could join a heroic dungeon i had to do the proving grounds.

After 2 hours of soloplay i joined an heroic dungeon thro the dungeon finder. It was like pull and pull and nothing more than pull and do stupid numbers of dps just smashing 3 buttons without even watching the window, no one talked, in fact i went afk of boring and they continued clearing without me (they didnt even need me).

Then i got out and went to that empty stormwind only with mobs around... it was like holy crap, to sum up, wow is definitely dead, that shit was completely unplayable

Man that sounds about right. Its too bad the devs can't see it. Or maybe they can, but don't know what to do.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Off topic