Let's try and compare current classic projects?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Let's try and compare current classic projects?

by VeloxBanks » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:58 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, insults
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:32 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Motorbreath » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:08 am

Are you trying to flood and derail the thread with racist talk right now?

Please, people, keep it together at least for a couple of pages.

There are other threads and a personal messenger in case if you have some unresolved issues.

Back to the topic. While my previous comment was on pre-moderation, I watched the video Valgatur shared. I was glad to know, that Crestfall is planning to keep the PvP classic realm alive even after TBC release. It's been ten years and the time has come long ago to stop repeating the Blizzard's mistake imo ;)

Thought it was worth to point out, since I've got it wrong yesterday.
Last edited by Motorbreath on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motorbreath
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Motorbreath wrote:Back to the topic. While my previous comment was on pre-moderation, I watched the video Valgatur shared. I was glad to know, that Crestfall is planning to keep the PvP classic realm alive even after TBC release. It's been ten years and the time has long time come to stop repeating the Blizzard's mistake imo ;)

Thought it was worth to point out, since I've got it wrong yesterday.

Video is kinda miss leading.

There is no Guarantee that PVP will not evolve in TBC , they have even official announcement for that.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/inde ... questions/
Q. How are you going to handle progressing from Vanilla to TBC? And how far are you going to go?

A. Our current plan is to open a new PvP TBC realm and allow characters to transfer from the PvP Vanilla realm if they choose to. We expect that the number of interested players will be sufficient to keep both the Vanilla and TBC realms healthy. In the case of the PvE realm, the current plan is to directly upgrade it to a TBC realm, so there will be no PvE Vanilla after the TBC upgrade. The reason for this is that our current estimates suggest that splitting the population in that case would leave not enough people in either realm for it to be successful. If the PvE population is larger than we expected, then we can treat that and the PvP server in the same fashion.

Upgrading into TBC will look similar like Feenix did , if population take break or if "all contents cleared" and realm go down a bit then surely they will upgrade it to TBC same way as Blizzard and Feenix did.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Cardinalsin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Motorbreath wrote:
Cardinalsin wrote:Played on most other private servers, not one matched Nost although Kronus isn't bad

Have you ever played at Valkyrie by any chance?

And, in any case, I would really like it if you went into details about at least those two, their good and bad sides, you know. Valkyrie could become yet another point of reference here.

As I said, I'm not here to talk about other servers. I'm happy to talk about Crestfall and Nost. I would make the point that experience of private vanilla servers is entirely subjective. So everyone will have their own perspective. Personally my favourite WoW experiences were in BC, so I very much look forward to being there in 18 months or so.
AKA Outstanding Opinions, threads and posts are my own
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Off topic