Death of Elysium, birth of Light's Hope

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Death of Elysium, birth of Light's Hope

by Pottu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Redcap wrote:Fact 3) White Kidney did more than sell gold 'seven years ago' - he sold gold, exploits, and a bot during his days here at Nostalrius until he was banned

That's actually not a fact. We never caught him doing anything shady as far as I can remember and, to my knowledge, the exploit he was willing to trade was fixed long before it could cause any harm. He did not sell gold nor did he bot on Nostalrius. Neither did he do anything like that on Elysium. I'm sure that if we look far enough back in the personal history of anyone, we could find some shit. I stole candy from a shop when I was 12. Does that make me morally unqualified to be a Game Master?

There's a fairly loud troll brigade on Reddit who constantly attacked Nostalrius with absurd claims, some of which have been repeated in this thread already. They changed targets at Elysium and now they will focus on Light's Hope. Some of them are from other projects whose money making business has been severely hurt by our success, others are bitter cheaters and exploiters who have been repeatedly banned and are trying to soothe their hurt feelings by viciously spreading lies, exaggerating and taking things out of context.

If you don't want to play on Light's Hope, that's your prerogative. But before slamming us with the same brush, at least give us some time to prove that we can be better. First step of which is that we'll be transparent with the donations.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Motorbreath » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Well, since my previous big comment that took good 22 hours or something to approve I've actually read some sources, and of course there was the confession by Crogge and Shenna on elysium-project.org that's been resurrected after your shutdown. It made things clear for me.
I also have to admit I wasn't really following all the drama around donations and what not. Hence the misunderstanding. Main reason - I can't stand the drama. Secondary reason - I've always preferred to enjoy the game you all have been working hard to make available for me.
Unfortunately, I think, this is all in the past tense now. At least for me. The game will never die, but I think it's time for me to move on.
I've been playing Vanilla for twelve years now. And just like every addict with such a long history I don't really enjoy it that much anymore. At this point it's just the way to keep going. A chore, that you just do.
In those rare occasions when I was actually visiting Elysium boards I was mocking people - mainly those who were crying for transfers - for being lazy and for not willing to play the game in the first place.
Of course I knew all along that everybody has this certain line that according to the person is not worth the effort to keep going past. For some, those who have just discovered Vanilla with the initial Nostalrius hype this line might have been the first shutdown.
I guess, after five years on Valkyrie-WoW, then Nost, old-Elysium and new Elysium - to every one of which I sacrificed a couple of characters - after all this I seem to have finally reached my line.
You couldn't just leave the project you were unhappy with, didn't you? No, you had to make sure that at the end of the day you will be the only ones with up to date database. And that we all will come. Like dogs that hear their owner filling up the bowl.
Well, I don't feel like staying at Elysium and losing my progress. And I sure don't feel like following the separatists who stole it.
I think that this seasoned veteran will use it as an excuse to retire. At least for a time being.
Hey, maybe the outcome of your decision is not that bad after all.
If I look at it from my personal point of view. And don't take into consideration Vanilla emulation in general.
Motorbreath
Private
Private

by Redcap » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 pm

I made a statement claiming a set of situations which were backed up with images that include timestamps and descriptions. What you've offered was a rant and no proof that Whitekidney never completed even one transaction with a customer for gold, character leveling, exploits, or bots involving the Nostalrius server.
Trying to change my mind isn't relevant. What is relevant is that readers can compare the image record with your words and come to their own conclusions.
Redcap
Sergeant
Sergeant

by iwcham1979 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm

If we want to have something that will last, people will have to be paid. We all do our jobs, earn money and then log in in our free time to play WoW, right? Aha, i forgot one thing... We olso expect other people to work VERY HARD AND LONG, and voluntarily, that without earning a single fucking dollar or euro?! And not only that!!!!!!!!! We drag them through the mud on forums.... It's nuts. I'm not trying to alleviate the guilts of these Elysium scumbags. But people must be paid for maintaining and keeping alive such a huge project for the love of God! BECAUSE is a HARD and SERIOUS and TIME CONSUMING and at least 8 hours a day JOB!!!!!!!! Can we fucking get this????!!!! All must be as transparent as it can, and employees sallaries must be agreed on, even if it requires some stupid vanity shop or such. And don't give me bullshiiit about how it's not blizz-like. I mean, look at them now, selling boosts, mounts and crap on retail !It's either that or people starting with noble goals, and later finding themselves tired and worn out from working full time jobs for nothing, compromising and neglecting their IRL relationships, jobs. Then comes the toxic part of the comunity itself making fun and criticizing them for all the hard work... The cup WILL overfil, rest assured, it's only a matter of time.... Open donations for the server and employees' sallaries, if not enough for work force, then sorry.... Your subscription has expired! People will donate then, not to worry.... Sorry for the jabber, but im sure about one thing PEOPLE MUST BE PAID!!!!!
iwcham1979
Tester

by Winterflaw » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:41 pm

> What you've offered was a rant

I've not followed the conversation between the two of you, but Pottu's post is clearly not a rant. It is calm and rational. He is not, as far as can be judged by the emotional tone of his reply, trying to defend something he believes, but is describing what he understands. Not emotion, but reason.

> no proof that Whitekidney never completed even one transaction with a customer for
> gold, character leveling, exploits, or bots involving the Nostalrius server.

As I say, I've not followed the conversation, so I do not have an opinion, but I must observe this statement is strictly speaking a request to prove a negative.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by snawfu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:54 am

patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:57 pm

I don't have problems they divide into two , my personal problem is why Whitekidney had to do it on a matter of stealing the project.

By stealing i mean this :

1- Deleting and screwing whole database of Elysium , picking the most recent updates on his own,letting Elysium down with old backups to force whole playerbase moving instead having a choice to remain or leave.

He could do in a way of copy , exposing the truth , bringing his team and moving together with Staff and community.

Instead he did the opposite , this is not the way to become a project at all and will lead into future failure (unfortunately).

What bothers me is if anyone compare Nostalrius with this , Nostalrius database was not stolen forcefully , it was given to Elysium at their own risk and at their own choice.

What Whitekidney did was stealing by force and destroying by force Elysium database in order to make his own Project.

It is truth that the community builds up an project , but you can't just screw someone by force and stealing stuffs which was never your.

Neither Staden,nor Whitekidney was there before LGN fiasco , neither they have rights to own by force something they did not create and was not given to them.

No offense, but this should be taken into account , i am not defending Elysium for being corrupted, but what was done was disaster and i am really sad to say , it wont last long because it was done like that, it was extremely unprofessional and extremely in a dictatorship way.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Crackéd » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:53 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:I don't have problems they divide into two , my personal problem is why Whitekidney had to do it on a matter of stealing the project.

By stealing i mean this :

1- Deleting and screwing whole database of Elysium , picking the most recent updates on his own,letting Elysium down with old backups to force whole playerbase moving instead having a choice to remain or leave.

He could do in a way of copy , exposing the truth , bringing his team and moving together with Staff and community.

Instead he did the opposite , this is not the way to become a project at all and will lead into future failure (unfortunately).

What bothers me is if anyone compare Nostalrius with this , Nostalrius database was not stolen forcefully , it was given to Elysium at their own risk and at their own choice.

What Whitekidney did was stealing by force and destroying by force Elysium database in order to make his own Project.

It is truth that the community builds up an project , but you can't just screw someone by force and stealing stuffs which was never your.

Neither Staden,nor Whitekidney was there before LGN fiasco , neither they have rights to own by force something they did not create and was not given to them.

No offense, but this should be taken into account , i am not defending Elysium for being corrupted, but what was done was disaster and i am really sad to say , it wont last long because it was done like that, it was extremely unprofessional and extremely in a dictatorship way.

I sympathise with this. But at this point I feel like Loght's hope could just copy DB and give it back to Elysium and very few people would go back. If we are only talking about in game stuff, the almost all of the lag is gone under the new host / hw. Elysium was lag ridden for months and no one could fix it, explaining it with threading issues (when in fact 10k people using their own thread is nothing), and yet, it was something much simpler after all.
Crackéd
Tester

by Wirt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Motorbreath wrote:On the contrary now you have the word of Crogge, who openly admitted that it was in fact him who was doing all the things Vitaliy has been accused of, and that Crogge character is also saying that Shenna knew and participated. And now what? You steal the server from Shenna and Vitaliy based on that corruptioner's words and Crogge himself stays and will be running his operation without Shenna's participation? So, he was doing it all for profit and then suddenly decided to repent and tell us all about it?
Vitaliy was caught in a RMT channel full of Chinese users where he offered to unban a player for money. That's a fact which Shenna couldn't deny. Instead she says he was teasing someone and was only in that channel to practice his Chinese. Give me a break!
Motorbreath wrote:Dividing the community, ruining the last bit of trust you had, and all that based on the word of one confessed corruptioner and your supposed ability "to confirm that Shenna has taken at least roughly 2000 euro or more for personal financial reasons". So tell me: how do we know it wasn't Crogge or your new leader - whoever he or she is - that took the money and then pointed a finger on Shenna to justify stealing the server too?
Shenna admits to having stolen money from the PayPal account. You can listen to her admitting it from the staff meeting they had on Monday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huH76Mv ... e=youtu.be
Pottu wrote:
Redcap wrote:Fact 3) White Kidney did more than sell gold 'seven years ago' - he sold gold, exploits, and a bot during his days here at Nostalrius until he was banned
That's actually not a fact. We never caught him doing anything shady as far as I can remember and, to my knowledge, the exploit he was willing to trade was fixed long before it could cause any harm. He did not sell gold nor did he bot on Nostalrius. Neither did he do anything like that on Elysium.
You can't know if he managed to trade his exploits or if he sold any gold. What we do know is that he set up threads on Ownedcore to do exactly that (http://archive.is/8ASQf). From the recent staff meeting you hear Ghostly saying Whitekidney sold gold on Nostalrius, but you don't hear Whitekidney defending himself against that.
Pottu wrote:I'm sure that if we look far enough back in the personal history of anyone, we could find some shit. I stole candy from a shop when I was 12. Does that make me morally unqualified to be a Game Master?
That must be one of the worst analogies I've ever come cross. Also, you're definitely unqualified as a Game Master considering that you silenced me on the Elysium forums when I requested transparency regarding donated money. You put sanctions on my account saying I had engaged in "Abusive behavior". (https://i.imgur.com/hBI6Jr3.png)
smilkovpetko wrote:No offense, but this should be taken into account , i am not defending Elysium for being corrupted, but what was done was disaster and i am really sad to say , it wont last long because it was done like that, it was extremely unprofessional and extremely in a dictatorship way.
I agree. They hijacked the project without letting the community have a say on what course it should take. What happened now has been planned in detail in order to destroy competition from those staying at Elysium.
Wirt
Private
Private

by VidocQ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Elysium is no more.
Alexensual was right)))) so....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7en9u7TcVns
https://imgur.com/fFmLEI9
proof shenna in Montenegro https://vk.com/realshenna
im /played 27day 12 hours.... on Nostalrius VidocQQ
VidocQ