Ugu

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Ugu

by Mrplow » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:07 pm

I heard this community was going to be one of the better ones. Threads like this do not support that theory.

If I were a mod I would delete this thread, for the good of this server, and the future of mankind.
Mrplow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Mrplow. All private servers have these kind of people and these kind of threads. It's pretty inevitable that with popularity, a private server's community becomes like all other typical private server communities.
Nostalrius's community won't be much different in the big picture.

The server itself might be different as well as the devs. But the community and people that flock to them will always have the same stereotypes.This is one of them.
As much as most people hate this side of it, it's not something that will ever go away, in-game or on forums.

However, it is up to the devs what kind of moderation will be performed. If you didn't catch it, there was a thread earlier made by 'Liah' of <GRIZZLY> that got deleted after only a few minutes because it had nothing to do with anything, and was just senseless talk and spam.

I expect no less of a private server community, though. There's always people like that.
And it will only become more relevant with time when an Off-Topic forum section is made. :lol:
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mrplow » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:41 pm

I guess you are right. I was getting my hopes up for a only small amount of the average deviant idiot that flocks to places like Molten WoW, but I guess its unrealistic to expect anything less than half your server to be made up of these types.

Oh well, still gonna try and enjoy it
Mrplow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Just don't let others affect your enjoyment of something.
I get it that in an online game, that can be harder to ignore. But it is something that applies to everything in life.
You don't like someone? Don't associate with him. If you can have fun with your own friends and doing your own thing, then just do that instead.

I don't associate with the drunks downtown, but I do hang around downtown with my friends and I have fun even thought I do not enjoy some of the people that hang around such places as well.

Personally I have nothing against <GRIZZLY> - I have never played with any of them as far as I remember any names on other privates. So I look forward to how everything will actually turn out in-game. Who knows, I might enjoy it somewhat. I think I played a bit with Mav on recent tests and it was alright.
I'm a bit sad they have had so much bad press and people shit talking them so far, as it seems most of it is unfounded. But only time will tell how it truly is. We will just see in-game.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lemonfreezer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:01 pm

People like you always make me laugh. You think you're morally superior and have the right to be condescending to the people that have a more immature way of having fun? Well, sir that does not make you superior but it does make you an asshole. If you think you'll find maturity on a gaming forum you're sorely mistaken. Go join a political discussion forum you might find what you're looking for there.

**EDITED
Lemonfreezer
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:10 pm

If that post was meant for me, Lemon, which I can't even tell because if so, then you would've sorely mistaken my character. You'd know so just by my first post in this thread.
I was just trying to make sense of it to Mrplow who is obviously not a fan of it.

Now, "back" "on" "topic".
To which I must apologize, because this forum desperately needs an "Off Topic" board for these kind of threads to prosper.

EDITED for more links
Last edited by Hatson on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mrplow » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Lemon, clearly by my avatar it should be painfully obvious my idea of humor is not high brow.

Doesn't mean you have to act like a douchebag, that's not subjective. Calling people autistic, making rape jokes, etc, etc is not humor. Its jerkoff behavior that should be mocked out of society.
Mrplow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Præisten » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:30 pm

The players from Grizzly gives me a bad feeling about this server. Is it those kind of people, who plays here? I'm sure it will have a negative impact on Nostalrius - threads like these should be deleted. Grizzly was banned from Q-gaming for hacking and cheating - a councidence the same players are stirring things up here?
Præisten
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Præisten » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Mrplow wrote:Lemon, clearly by my avatar it should be painfully obvious my idea of humor is not high brow.

Doesn't mean you have to act like a douchebag, that's not subjective. Calling people autistic, making rape jokes, etc, etc is not humor. Its jerkoff behavior that should be mocked out of society.

Have you seen the guildlogo? It has many things in common with the nazi swastika - just gives bad vibes.
Præisten
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lemonfreezer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Was aimed @ Mrplow, Hatson is coolbeans.

Just cause you disagree with someone's sense of humor doesn't mean you have to look down on them, just sayin'. It's the internet - the darkest corner of humanity :D
Lemonfreezer
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic