Why I'm Choosing Kronos Over Nostalrius

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Why I'm Choosing Kronos Over Nostalrius

by OrangeTheLord » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:29 am

I ask that admins not remove this. As i feel it's need with all the back talk of kronos on the forums. Seeing as how people from here are able to post this on the kronos forums i feel it's fair vise versa.

This is why i am choosing kronos over nostalrius. I will still play nostalrius at release. But unless i'm thoroughly impressed i will wait until kronos. If you're playing whatever server releases first, Just go play on emerald dream.

Reason #1: I found out about Nostalrius because of advertising on the Kronos forums (as well as many others). I'm sure this is how most of you found out about Nostalrius as well. It's distasteful to say the least. http://gyazo.com/7a8b5979c55b1e7696ea4fd23e6692d3
For Comparison.
http://gyazo.com/0c87f8903a021e90a4d136d15d55aef7

Reason #2: Contrary to popular belief Kronos and Nostalrius have similar US populations. If you look at http://www.similarweb.com It looks like Nostalrius has a higher % right? with 23.76% of visitors from the US, Look closer if you see the total number of visitors is 85k, While kronos has 120k. 85,000 X .2376 = 20196 US visitors, If you do the same for Kronos. 120,000 X .1649 = 19788 Not such a big difference is it? + Kronos still has another 35000 UNIQUE visitors per month than Nostalrius. And with english being enforced on Kronos this is a +

Reason #3: No one know's how Nostalrius is being funded or what kind of protection they have against DDOS. I want a secure server where i don't have to worry about DDOS. Besides not having a big company backing them they also have no way to get dedicated staff members and coders incase of a lose of one besides depending on the community. While kronos is backed by a very popular project twinstar which is willing to offer coders and game masters *TRUSTED* to help out if necessary.

Reason #4: While some people say kronos only have 1 dev working on it they have a total of 4 now. Not to mention the main dev (cherro) has been coding vanilla wow for the past 4 years! *all on kronos!* He is very expirences and is worth atleast 3 other devs. Not to mention he has a LOT of free time. Aswell as the other 3 dev's helping out. I think kronos has Nostalrius beat. Everyone has been saying Nostalrius has a total of 16 devs while in reality they only have around 4 *currently*

Reason #5: While being backed by twinstar kronos has had the luxury to have DEDICATED beta testers! Not to mention they have been perfecting their server for the past 4 years!

Reason #6: Some people see the progress bar on Kronos's website to be bad. But if you have a look at the dedicated bug tracker.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz You can easily tell the ammount of mind numbing detail they have put into the game.

Reason #7: I have been looking around the Nostalrius forums and have participated in the beta test and MANY of the ALREADY fixed quests on Kronos are broken on Nostalrius! The 1-60 experience is part of the game as well!

Reason #8: I have watched all of Krono's and Nostalrius videos. Many of Nostalrius videos have been fixed on kronos for a VERY long time. While Nostalrius has 1 maybe 2 videos like kronos's. And during the beta tests none of the features in kronos's videos were present on Nostalrius.

Reason #9: I'm tired of all the blatant lies about Kronos that i see. While i have seen no lies about Nostalrius from kronos users. Their community is far to immature.

Things you didn't know: Kronos has a auction house where you can buy other players characters *These characters aren't created out of thin air* You can only sell them for $15 and i personally wouldn't sell my character for $15 if i spent countless day's leveling and gearing him. Not to mention the $15 you get isn't even actual money. It's a currency you can spend in the twinstar shop! And all you can buy in the shop are mounts that aren't Obtainable anymore! And the mount doesn't come with riding skill.

We all want a good vanilla experience. This is why i'm choosing Kronos. I'm sure you will all agree with me when beta is launched. Or when feenix DDOS's Nostalrius and none of you will be able to play release. I'm choosing Kronos. If you see someone spreading lies about Kronos please inform them of the truth. If you have any questions check this link out.

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php ... onos-Staff
OrangeTheLord
Tester

Re: Why I'm Choosing Kronos Over Nostalrius

by Keftenk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:33 am

OrangeTheLord wrote:Reason #7: I have been looking around the Nostalrius forums and have participated in the beta test and MANY of the ALREADY fixed quests on Kronos are broken on Nostalrius! The 1-60 experience is part of the game as well!

Not refuting your points, but I'm curious. When were there quests available on Nost?
EDIT: Unless you're referring to the quests that were available in instances?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Allora » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:40 am

No-one cares you idiot. Srs.

Ps. DDOS happens on all realms, it'll happen here and it'll happen on Kronos.. hell it happened on Feenix.

Nothing new to read here. Play whatever you want, and be happy we can play Vanilla instead of bitching.
Allora - Priest
Karlie - Warlock
Kargan - Hunter

http://youtu.be/H8OxKx6zKkQ
Allora
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Manthilas » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:45 am

Alright we got it, you chose Kronos. I mean, I dont wanna be harsh or anything but would you now please leave this forum? All you are trying to do is, to create a flamewar thread which does not benefit any server.
Manthilas
Grunt
Grunt

by ironsides » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:48 am

You know if you actually clicked on their homepage and clicked on "Security" it'll bring you to

http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/anti-ddos/

Which is their protection that they're using.

That being said, no one gives a shit why you're choosing one thing over the other. I'm here because my guild is here, and because every player I've killed and have been killed by over the past 3+ years of private servers is here now to kill me, and be killed by me, again.
Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you'll hit the stars <3
ironsides
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:53 am

Again, you're just regurgitating what has been said a million times before, back and forth, from both sides of the party.
Why you people even have to compare to go through such hassle and debates to compare two servers as if they're mortal enemies and one has to be superior to the other in every way; It's beyond childish.
I don't understand why people can't just play on whichever server they want, without the need to talk shit about either server, or its' communities.

And if you're going to make such a length post, at least provide proof with everyone point. You started out alright with the website traffic comparisons, but everything else after that had nothing behind it but your own words.
Like saying you don't know what DDOS protection Nostalrius has, which has been linked before on this very forum itself - and then you don't even talk about or link any proof of what DDOS protection or client Kronos are using. This makes no sense.
What's the point in nitpicking about a specific thing about something, when you don't even compare it to anything else or provide any proof or information on the other side, regarding that very subject you are nitpicking. Again, what's the point of making these threads then?

Also:
OrangeTheLord wrote:Reason #7: I have been looking around the Nostalrius forums and have participated in the beta test and MANY of the ALREADY fixed quests on Kronos are broken on Nostalrius! The 1-60 experience is part of the game as well!

What 1-60 experience? There hasn't even been any beta for that on Nostalrius. How can you tell how the quests are if no one has even played any test with them yet?
Are you just making up shit now as well for your pointless arguments like these?

I see these kind of posts, probably about at least 10 of them a day now, pop up here, on kronos, reddit, even 4chan - and it's nothing short of just silly how much shit people are throwing at each other to try validate their choice of server as superior when neither of the servers are even freaking RELEASED yet.
I've said this a million times before on these forums to similar topics as this, as it's the only logical thing to say: Only time will tell.

Only time will tell how both the servers will be, Nostalrius, Kronos, or any other private server. Once they are released, no matter what server it is, people will play on it. And then time will tell if the server is worth your time, or not.
That is a decision you make on your own. You do not have to be influenced by others' decision, that is weak sheep behaviour that you should never have, especially when you're trying to argue which server is better (which again is such an illogical argument as neither of them are even released yet, and who knows what could happen after release, I've seen brilliant servers go right into the shitter after release many times before due to many different circumstances that can occur at any time).

Seriously; Only time will tell. I play on all 1x vanilla privates that ever release. Because that is the ONLY way to make a judgement and decision BY YOURSELF, not influenced by anyone else, and only way to get real experience and knowledge of a server and if it is worth your time, or not.
It's nothing short of insecurity to endlessly argue about which server is better when neither of them are even released yet.

Just make your own god damn decision. Stop forcing it down other people's throats. Shut up about it until we have all actually played on the servers after release, because that is the only way to truly know if a server is worth your time or not.

I'll be playing on Nostalrius because it's being released soon. Let's say Nostalrius then blows up, and then turns out it sucks - Then I'll wait for Kronos and play there when it's released. Let's say Kronos then blows up, and turns into shit. Then I'll just find another server! How is this hard to understand, just play on whatever server you want, and don't judge, shit talk, or even compare them before they're even released and in a properly playable state with full content.
Last edited by Hatson on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Shadow » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:00 am

''Reason #1: I found out about Nostalrius because of advertising on the Kronos forums (as well as many others). I'm sure this is how most of you found out about Nostalrius as well.''
I found out about Nostalrius from the Videos posted by Viper on You Tube, while looking to view old videos. I liked what I saw and joined the community. Also, I was impressed seeing that each time they did a test, players (with quite a lot of dedication I might add which is to be commended/ I wouldn't have spent my time doing this) joined this forum and debated on how to fix the issues after each test session.
Even though I saw this project since early December I only joined the forum this month, so you cannot call me a defender of this project; this is just my 2 cents on the topic.
Oh and the fact you agree with buying rare things from game shops, well that is just silly. I wouldn't want anything if I knew I didn't earned it, but that is just me.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Shadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by bishop » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:04 am

Hatson wrote:You started out alright with the website traffic comparisons

Those numbers are obsolete. Since the end of january the numbers have not changed. So the 85k visits DOES not include the Nost hype from february. This forum almost doubled its forum members in the last 2-3 weeks.
Nejtiri 19 Hunter
Ghul 29 Rogue
Cassilda 29 Priest
Cassi 29 Shaman
Leaf 39 Resto Druid
bishop
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:11 am

Thanks for the clarification bishop. I just skimmed over it quickly, honestly. I'm just tired of seeing the same discussion popping up everywhere over and over, especially when that discussion is irrelevant and obsolete because it's based on things that could change any day and have no relevance before actual release.

Also, noticed that this guy's first thread here was the "Convince Me".
I don't try to be mean, but this is the most beta / sheep behaviour I have ever seen. You should know better and make your own decision and research on this subject especially when you can see clearly how many idiots and trolls are just spewing crap left and right on all the different places with this discussion.

You shouldn't need anyone to convince you to play on either server. Just try them both out, and then you can now for sure without any outside influence which can very well be lies and exaggerations for all you know (as you wouldn't know much now would you, if you're asking people to convince you in the first place) - and make a firm decision on which server is better for you.
And remember: No one cares which server you play on once you make your decision. Just play on whatever you like! If people judge you for what server you play on, then those people are either just douchebags or idiots.

I have nothing more to say, really. I might sound a bit demeaning but god damn if this discussion isn't tiring and nonsensical every time I see it.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Askental » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:12 am

OrangeTheLord wrote:I ask that admins not remove this. As i feel it's need with all the back talk of kronos on the forums. Seeing as how people from here are able to post this on the kronos forums i feel it's fair vise versa.

This is why i am choosing kronos over nostalrius. I will still play nostalrius at release. But unless i'm thoroughly impressed i will wait until kronos. If you're playing whatever server releases first, Just go play on emerald dream.

Reason #1: I found out about Nostalrius because of advertising on the Kronos forums (as well as many others). I'm sure this is how most of you found out about Nostalrius as well. It's distasteful to say the least. http://gyazo.com/7a8b5979c55b1e7696ea4fd23e6692d3
For Comparison.
http://gyazo.com/0c87f8903a021e90a4d136d15d55aef7

Reason #2: Contrary to popular belief Kronos and Nostalrius have similar US populations. If you look at http://www.similarweb.com It looks like Nostalrius has a higher % right? with 23.76% of visitors from the US, Look closer if you see the total number of visitors is 85k, While kronos has 120k. 85,000 X .2376 = 20196 US visitors, If you do the same for Kronos. 120,000 X .1649 = 19788 Not such a big difference is it? + Kronos still has another 35000 UNIQUE visitors per month than Nostalrius. And with english being enforced on Kronos this is a +

Reason #3: No one know's how Nostalrius is being funded or what kind of protection they have against DDOS. I want a secure server where i don't have to worry about DDOS. Besides not having a big company backing them they also have no way to get dedicated staff members and coders incase of a lose of one besides depending on the community. While kronos is backed by a very popular project twinstar which is willing to offer coders and game masters *TRUSTED* to help out if necessary.

Reason #4: While some people say kronos only have 1 dev working on it they have a total of 4 now. Not to mention the main dev (cherro) has been coding vanilla wow for the past 4 years! *all on kronos!* He is very expirences and is worth atleast 3 other devs. Not to mention he has a LOT of free time. Aswell as the other 3 dev's helping out. I think kronos has Nostalrius beat. Everyone has been saying Nostalrius has a total of 16 devs while in reality they only have around 4 *currently*

Reason #5: While being backed by twinstar kronos has had the luxury to have DEDICATED beta testers! Not to mention they have been perfecting their server for the past 4 years!

Reason #6: Some people see the progress bar on Kronos's website to be bad. But if you have a look at the dedicated bug tracker.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz You can easily tell the ammount of mind numbing detail they have put into the game.

Reason #7: I have been looking around the Nostalrius forums and have participated in the beta test and MANY of the ALREADY fixed quests on Kronos are broken on Nostalrius! The 1-60 experience is part of the game as well!

Reason #8: I have watched all of Krono's and Nostalrius videos. Many of Nostalrius videos have been fixed on kronos for a VERY long time. While Nostalrius has 1 maybe 2 videos like kronos's. And during the beta tests none of the features in kronos's videos were present on Nostalrius.

Reason #9: I'm tired of all the blatant lies about Kronos that i see. While i have seen no lies about Nostalrius from kronos users. Their community is far to immature.

Things you didn't know: Kronos has a auction house where you can buy other players characters *These characters aren't created out of thin air* You can only sell them for $15 and i personally wouldn't sell my character for $15 if i spent countless day's leveling and gearing him. Not to mention the $15 you get isn't even actual money. It's a currency you can spend in the twinstar shop! And all you can buy in the shop are mounts that aren't Obtainable anymore! And the mount doesn't come with riding skill.

We all want a good vanilla experience. This is why i'm choosing Kronos. I'm sure you will all agree with me when beta is launched. Or when feenix DDOS's Nostalrius and none of you will be able to play release. I'm choosing Kronos. If you see someone spreading lies about Kronos please inform them of the truth. If you have any questions check this link out.

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php ... onos-Staff

cya
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Off topic