Why I'm Choosing Kronos Over Nostalrius

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Why I'm Choosing Kronos Over Nostalrius

by Keftenk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:15 am

He replied to my post but ninja deleted it. I suppose he has no credible evidence of testing Nost quests :(
A shame...I thought I was missing out on something ;=;

(lol)
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hatson » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:16 am

Askental wrote:Image

cya

Askental you are better than me because you have learned the art of not caring.
Unfortunately I try to speak logic & sense, but it only ends up annoying me in the long run in repeated discussions like this one.
So, I thank you Askental, because I'm going to take a note out of your book next time and just not care or get involved at all. I think it's for the better.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:32 am

A lot of what is said in this isn't accurate, and by that I mean almost the entire list. For someone complaining about misinformation/lies, you're doing plenty of it yourself.
Reason #1: This matters how? Kronos is part of a project that already has previous realms. You're basically saying it's bigger and has a bigger following... which you should have been able to guess without stats. You needed stats for this?
Reason #2: The "popular belief" is that Kronos will probably have more players from everywhere. I don't know where you're seeing otherise.
"And with english being enforced on Kronos this is a +"
Does Nostalrius not use English? This is news to me, a person that only uses English. I guess I'm unable to read this non English FAQ about it.
"What is the official language on the server?
English, english, and english. No other language shall be allowed on forum and public channels. It's an important rule to us, and we'll be very attentive to the behaviour of our players regarding this rule."

Reason #3: Also in the FAQ, did you not read this at all?
"How about DDOS attacks?
Nostalrius Begins has a DDOS mitigation security system delivered by our provider. https://www.ovh.co.uk/anti-ddos/mitigation.xml"
But if you're expecting proof... well how are they going to deliver proof before the server is opened? Unlike Kronos, they don't have previously established realms to be carried by. Nostalrius has to launch and stand entirely on its own. It doesn't have a prior reputation or prior realms.(Which is also why it has a smaller following)

Reason #4: You don't know how many developers either team has, nor does it really concern you. If they said 5, 50, or 500, what does it change? You don't know how many hours each person is putting in, nor how good anyone is, so shear head count is kind of worthless to you. More does not equal better if it means you have clueless students as opposed to programming professionals, and you don't know which you're getting with a head count.
Reason #5: Both servers have dedicated testers. Nostalrius has also been in development for 4 years, lol. I don't know which has actually been in development longer, but I thought I'd mention that, since you mentioned it for Kronos.
Reason #6: This is another that has to be proven with results. The funny thing is that Nostalrius has already been doing tests to allow anyone on, while Kronos hasn't.
Reason #7: And you know this how? Are you one of the closed testers for quests? While I don't know if I should comment on the quality of quests on this server; I don't think you have the information you're claiming to have here. And this is assuming you "also" know the quality of Kronos questing, else you couldn't compare them at all. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you don't know the state of either server's quest scripting... you're just whiteknighting Kronos. I'm going to say however that I believe players will be quite impressed with Nostalrius questing. :) The same may be applicable to Kronos, but I do not know, and unlike you, I don't act like I know what I really don't.
Reason #8: Now you're doing battle of the videos? Well, why aren't you picking the one with more videos then, since you favored higher numbers everywhere else? More videos must=better, right? Oh, but Kronos doesn't have more videos, so I see why you didn't do that.
Reason #9: What lies?

"Kronos has a auction house where you can buy other players characters *These characters aren't created out of thin air*"
As I said several times on Youtube to Kronos defenders, this doesn't matter. A player that didn't make the character himself nor work it up is still buying it. As far as he's concerned, it may as well come out of the air.
" Not to mention the $15 you get isn't even actual money. It's a currency you can spend in the twinstar shop!"
And this matters because? Were you able to buy a character with real money? Yes or no? I said those exact words on Youtube more than once.
"We all want a good vanilla experience."
Ah, yes, exactly, that's why we want a cash shop selling characters and edited gold respec values, good vanilla experience right there. Not lying at all. Remember the days when your best buddy said, "Hey guys, I'm selling my tiered up toon in the store today. First come, first serve"? Really takes me back.
"I'm sure you will all agree with me when beta is launched."
This is the same arrogant statement I've been told more than once on Youtube. Did you get this answer out of a magic 8 ball, or a gypsy orb? Did you consult the fortune teller ghost from Luigi's Mansion? Is this where you're getting this inevitable predictable?
"If you see someone spreading lies about Kronos please inform them of the truth"
Well I wouldn't use the word lie so as much as misinformation... but I am posting to inform you nonetheless. At the end of the day, you can take the server you like, but I don't think others will appreciate you posting things like this. You're going to get a negative backlash, which you'll then rationalize as a bad community attacking you rather than as a result of your own actions.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:36 am

"That being said, no one gives a shit why you're choosing one thing over the other. I'm here because my guild is here, and because every player I've killed and have been killed by over the past 3+ years of private servers is here now to kill me, and be killed by me, again."
It takes a lot of notoriety for players to follow you to a server just to want to kill you on it. I don't know how one accomplishes that. But bring all the players that you can.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Redcap » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:06 am

OrangeTheLord wrote:I ask that admins not remove this.

Edited - The troll was obvious, and I was falling for the bait.
Redcap
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Beabington » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:08 am

same, but not same.
Officer of <Ridin Dirty>
schrubby1g
Beabington
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nain » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:10 am

Drain wrote:It takes a lot of notoriety for players to follow you to a server just to want to kill you on it. I don't know how one accomplishes that. But bring all the players that you can.

It's a coincidence. Everyone is playing here except for some random slavs.
† Nain now rests in the arms of our lord. He died a sickly infant at the age of 3 months and 24 days. †
Nain
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JimboPete » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:14 am

Hatson wrote:You started out alright with the website traffic comparisons, but everything else after that had nothing behind it but your own words.

Uh, you mean the infographic showing hardly ANY traffic coming to Nost site from Kronos? What is that, like <1% if I had to glance at the pixels?

Damn man, much traffic, many wow!
Latest Masterpiece - A Z U R E G O S
Don't forget to see if I'm live on Twitch! ( twitch.tv/JimboPete ) <-- Rip
JimboPete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mike1097 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:14 am

Posting absolutly wrong facts in server forum against this server? Go back to your kronos server please and get more informations if yoh post another textwall.

If you want to play kronos... do it and dont disturb in our forum.
"Drunhall"
60 Protection Warrior
<It burns when I PvP>

Alliance
Nostalrius Begins PvP
mike1097
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mav » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 am

This is why i choose Nostalrius over Kronos

Mav