I'm going to RP 100% of the time.

Role-play forum section.

Re: I'm going to RP 100% of the time.

by JCarrill0 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:53 pm

itomon wrote:In any case, with the "RP Initiative" we invite all roleplayers in nostalrius to type "/join RP" in their characters so that they can reach other RPers by a common channel, making it easier to meet, form groups and guilds for roleplay.

We also are inviting people to the Teamspeak server of the Alliance RP/Horde RP guilds for all those friendly to RP and we'll be welcoming all those (who can behave themselves) ^^
server: 209.239.114.150:11347
password: RP

good luck and have fun everyone!

since your linking your TS3 info, have you considered looking into "Discord"?
It's next gen tech, that's free, requires no DL (unless you WANT to have it)

I ask becuase my guild started using it, and it's cool to see people on it even when they are not in game.

Either way, I don't mind seeing people RP, I just wish I ran into more RP player on Nost PvE. Seems very limited at the moment. My guild uses FlagRSP and it's always nice to see a player come in the area who also has it. it makes for a very good RP initiative, mainly because we both have an RP mod that works with each other.
Leveling in game and suddenly greeted by your "RP name" is always a catch when your not expecting it!
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by itomon » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:53 pm

When I suggested the "one guild" thing, the Guild Name floating over our head would work as the "having the addon" signal to find more RPers. With the benefit of having us sorted a bit, a real-time online roster and many more!

And sure, if you may you can start a Discord general channel for All Roleplayers! I've been using TS because many ppl asked for it since it was a more familiar software, I think. But I'm not afraid of changes ^^
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:30 pm

itomon wrote:When I suggested the "one guild" thing, the Guild Name floating over our head would work as the "having the addon" signal to find more RPers. With the benefit of having us sorted a bit, a real-time online roster and many more!

And sure, if you may you can start a Discord general channel for All Roleplayers! I've been using TS because many ppl asked for it since it was a more familiar software, I think. But I'm not afraid of changes ^^

The add on is much more then a guild tag, the other one you suggested should work just fine
As for the discord I suggested you need to do that, not me I handle my own guild, you'll need to handle one for yours.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by itomon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:30 pm

I'm not saying the addon is "just a tag", not at all!
But the "one guild" thing isn't just a guild tag, also.

Both are tools that can be helpful for the players on regard of finding people to play with. RP addons give you more stuff to work on your own character. Being on the same guild gives you: guild roster, guild channel, and more opportunities to build things with the others (i dont mean "everyone together" like 100% of the guild, only that its easier to form a group and do something using the guild roster, seeing who are currently online, their class, level, current location, and RP affiliation/subguild).

As for the voicechat, I'm thinking more towards a RP Community channel in general, not a guild-exclusive. The guilds I "own" have the same thinking, and while I work on them with best of my abilities, they can only have a real meaning because of ppl that join and what they make of it. That's why I work hard to make them open and welcoming for most ppl (not bad ppl tho, we're past that).

In my simple-minded and humble opinion, if I were a guild leader from a regular RP guild, I wouldn't mind at least sharing the voicechat with a wider, more general channel, if that channel offers me plenty of tools to manage my own subchannel. And that's what I'm offering (limited only by my capabilities, since I'm not a software expert nor a great teamspeak admin)
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Radiation » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:18 am

I have been Role-Playing 100% of the time, except for Guild/Trade chat.
I find it's quite rewarding, and I've even had other players join in.
Being in a Role-Playing guild has also been a great experience!
Radiation
Private
Private

by Zonotrichia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Is roleplaying without an exclusive server for RP worthy for a first timer roleplayer? I've never tried it, and I'm thinking of joining a RP guild, so what are the differences between the Retail RP and this server RP?
Zonotrichia
Tester

by rosembergwatt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Zonotrichia wrote:Is roleplaying without an exclusive server for RP worthy for a first timer roleplayer? I've never tried it, and I'm thinking of joining a RP guild, so what are the differences between the Retail RP and this server RP?

In retail roleplaying realms you'll be less likely to find people trying to ruin your roleplay or simply laughing at you. But, in my opinion, roleplaying is more like a personal experience sometimes, is just like a different way to play the game. It's kind like a different mindset which you can get yourself on. That being said, you shouldn't worry too much about other people (unless, of course, they are into roleplaying as well).

I recommend you joining a roleplaying guild, but don't look for the number of members and don't expect to them to come to roleplay with you all the time. In roleplaying guilds you need to look for the number of active players, and you should take action inviting your guildmates to some roleplay activity, instead of just waiting for guild events to pop up.
rosembergwatt
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:08 pm

Zonotrichia wrote:Is roleplaying without an exclusive server for RP worthy for a first timer roleplayer? I've never tried it, and I'm thinking of joining a RP guild, so what are the differences between the Retail RP and this server RP?

I missed out doing it in retail vanilla, i try it now and it's pretty fun to RP while I play, but for me it's not 100% of the time, but it is often.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Zonotrichia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:23 pm

So are PVE guilds any good in terms of active players?
Zonotrichia
Tester

by Talendril » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:43 am

Me too, good to see there are still RPers out there :D
Talendril
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play