Snide Lore

Role-play forum section.

Snide Lore

by Snide » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tefparVnTM0

Hidden away in the verdant lush expanse a lithe creature trained. Cherry blossoms rained amidst the cerulean sky, occasional alabaster ships violating the tranquility, beacons of fluff navigating through the upside-down ocean. Half a person, half a sword spread red death through the petals each dissipating from the flurry of slashes, few managed to hit the emerald forest floor. "Not good enough." A voice lamented, ravaging the silence, the balance lost, soft as the ocean in a seashell. "How can one, truly one now, stymie the darkness that threatens Nostralrius."

Snide had given much to stop the last eldritch horror she had encountered on another realm. Her off hand, the wakizashi she coveted named 白楼剣 still was buried in that demon Sandyclawz. It had banished him though, but Snide had lost half her soul, the phantom part which still fought that demented fiend in the desolate nether betwixt worlds.

One blade one heart remained. One no longer ethereal being. Her otherworldly speed gone, no longer was she the wind. Age withered away whatever she had lost didn't. Could she continue down this path anymore? Half a person, an empty limp hand wavering, not able to hold up her weakness anymore.

Snide still had her katana 楼観剣, dripping a mixture of ancient blood and poison down the pure Japanese steel. The blade capable of cutting through multiple realities. The wind truly was cruel, it couldn't help anymore, not even Snide herself. "I can't do this. I will need to protect my guild members. If I am too slow to be the wind, too weak to strike with the force of all nature has to offer then I must become something else. Someone else."

That elegant shell of a human sprinted towards a destination she wasn't even sure of, her eyes sealed tightly. When lost there is little to be but pick a direction and fly upon wings of destiny. Her ancient leather weaved in the air, the crimson fangs delicately swimming through the falling cherry blossoms. Snide ran until her legs couldn't take her a step further. She billowed over, landing upon her eyes, the scent of something pure caressing her face.

Upon opening her eyes a lake of clear water was before her. The tides undisturbed, balanced, perfect, resting so calmly in perfect tranquility. Seashells lined the shore in tiny innocent upturned roses. Would Snide give up the last bit of offense she had? Painfully, hoarse breath puffing from her chaffed lips, she lifted up her Katana. The poison trickled down and hit the surface of the water, evaporating into nothingness instantly.
In one swift motion she forced the blade down, the tip connecting with the water and soon engulfing it, directly up to her pale tiny digits. A surge of emotion filled her, bubbling up from that ancient peaceful ocean, she could feel her rage, her emotions long since lost. Cherry blossoms mixed with the navy water, transforming her adornments, the former spiky crimson gear becoming a purple bulky protective armor. Instantly her body was stronger, no longer would she wilt from blows or selfishly dodge and maneuver for the perfect strike.

Snide had become wrath incarnate. Her katana, when withdrawn from the pool steamed, cleaned of the corruption and malice of endless eons spent bathing in the blood of her enemies. She also noticed next to her something else, a spiked object, a shield, one of the sea shells. Her weak hand reached into the leather strap and lifted the object. Snide tested, swinging at the air, crashing the blade against the wind she had formerly worshipped with ease.

"I will become water. My friends will rest behind me as I fight the tide that threatens to wash over Nostralrius and plunge it into the darkest depths. Wind can only chill, harm. Water can nourish, can protect, can cleanse. I will be Grizzly's shield." Snide uttered confidently, a broad smile appearing across that once emotionless pale face. "You will always leave a little piece of you wherever you go. Once you've lost all of them you'll find nirvana."
"Anime is the most pure expression of intellect possible in the world today." - Philippe Pétain. www.twitch.tv/youmulol (Warning: Weeaboo content).
Snide
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Snide Lore

by Cataclysm » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:08 pm

bump

Eating glitter so your shit shines bright like a diamond
Cataclysm
Sergeant
Sergeant

by riq and snog » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:07 am

very touching story depth
Kudos to you
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Asha » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Snide still had her katana 楼観剣, dripping a mixture of ancient blood and poison down the pure Japanese steel.

Japan doesn't exist in Azeroth, this should be infracted.
Asha
Grunt
Grunt

by Snide » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Not to be anal about it, but I did specify that Snide (who is loosely based off Youmu Konpaku) could travel and slay beings in between realms and dimensions. That isn't too hard to fit into the WoW lore. Heck, the venue where my little RP post is taking place is in between WoW private servers. That would be a way bigger infraction than having a Japanese weapon.
"Anime is the most pure expression of intellect possible in the world today." - Philippe Pétain. www.twitch.tv/youmulol (Warning: Weeaboo content).
Snide
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Asha » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:51 pm

My mistake, I read over the realm traveling on my first read through but I see it now after my fifth. In that case it makes perfect sense. Honestly, if Nostalrius doesn't support realm and dimension traveling (which is heavily ingrained in WoW lore) then I'm not sure their Role-play community will stick around for very long.
Asha
Grunt
Grunt

by Raktae » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Snide wrote:Not to be anal about it, but I did specify that Snide (who is loosely based off Youmu Konpaku) could travel and slay beings in between realms and dimensions. That isn't too hard to fit into the WoW lore. Heck, the venue where my little RP post is taking place is in between WoW private servers. That would be a way bigger infraction than having a Japanese weapon.

Asha wrote:My mistake, I read over the realm traveling on my first read through but I see it now after my fifth. In that case it makes perfect sense. Honestly, if Nostalrius doesn't support realm and dimension traveling (which is heavily ingrained in WoW lore) then I'm not sure their Role-play community will stick around for very long.

At this point, after going with the "full" experience of reading the lore here (That means with the music in the background), I can't help but hope that if the Nostalrius RP community wishes to excuse such nonsense that it does not remain a community for long. The trope of "My favorite animu character in <game>" has been done to death, parodied, and laughed at for as long as playing pretend has existed in tandem. Realm and dimensions traveling are hardly fully explored, especially not dimension traveling since every instance of it sans the latest, that being WoD, have lead to either the nether tearing away people or them being trapped. And even then these were caused by powerful artifacts such as the Dark Portal, or the Bronze Dragonflight. I'm starting to believe that this was more of a parody of such a concept rather than an actual presentation of a character, or at least so I hope.
Raktae
Grunt
Grunt

by Cataclysm » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:42 am

bump

Eating glitter so your shit shines bright like a diamond
Cataclysm
Sergeant
Sergeant

by nervous » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:02 am

Snide lore is the Final Fantasy 7 of lore.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Charlatan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:07 am

The RP Inquisition seems to be needed and has cometh.

Having done tasks for roleplay for years, educational in wow, administrative in games such as UO, allow me to give some neutral advice.

> Katanas
Katanas and Tantos definitely exist in Azeroth, though they are obviously not japanese. It's not clear where they came from, but the pandaren would be a proper assumption. Note that no items in wow were actually called Katana before TBC so possibly they come from Draenor.

> Dimensional Walking
While it's clearly possible in the universe of WoW, an individual simply possessing and easily making use of this trait is extremely unlikely, and acquiring it within Azeroth almost impossible. Such a power needs masterful roleplay AND background story behind it to back it up and should not be brought up if it interferes with other roleplayers, at all.

> Basing a Character off existing ones
This should be kept as small as possible. It is supposed to be YOUR character.

> Unusual Heritage / Abilities in RP in general
THEORETICALLY nothing forbids world-foreign ideas, heritages and abilities by default, in fact, a little unusualness is a must, else all we have would be nondescript chars as interesting as the next gnoll, but anything more is an extremely difficult matter to properly attend to in RP.

If you do not break vanilla lore in any way, then basically you can RP whatever you want, but the wilder your ideas become, the more roleplaying skill / effort / background / justification you have to be capable of, including knowledge about countless details of vanilla lore.

An example of making a character with off-world origin and off-canon heritage work with other roleplayers:

My own main character I full-time roleplayed, and the mains of two friends, back in retail Defias Brotherhood RP-PVP, were not native to Azeroth either. But! They could neither travel dimensions nor did they bring off-canon items. They simple ended up stranded there coming from a vaguely similar world. When one among this crew unfamiliar with Azeroth ended up killed, scourged and rose as a Forsaken, the remaining two decided to follow their friend and started to research, question, read books, until learning about The Undercity. Their background remained, but at the same time they had a proper place in Azeroth.

The latter was fully RP'ed, two Human characters levelled up until able to sneak into Undercity to kneel before Sylvanas and ask to join their friend in undeath, started again as Forsaken afterwards.
"The best ideas often come from the worst minds."
Charlatan
Tester

Next

Return to Role Play