Scheduled tavern roleplay

Role-play forum section.

Scheduled tavern roleplay

by SlyFly » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:54 am

In order to further strengthen roleplaying community I come here with a simple suggestion.

We should have a weekly scheduled tavern roleplaying sessions for all welcome to participate.
Why exactly a tavern? Tavern is a perfect place to meet new people who your character would not normally speak to or have a chance to meet, seek for employment or simply getting wasted in a company of other alcoholics.
Why scheduled? I saw people roleplaying in a tavern from time to time and it pleases me, but if we do those organised - chance of characters interacting with one another drasticly improves.

The place I suggest would be a Pig and Whistle tavern located in Old Town of Stormwing City.
And what I suggest to do about deciding on day of week and time - would be for all active guild masters to gather information from their guild members and post their preffered time in this thread.
Once we have this data from active roleplaying guilds - we can look at those numbers and decide on details.
SlyFly
Tester

Re: Scheduled tavern roleplay

by Tali » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:12 am

Pig and Whistle is fine, but I'd like to mention that it's rather well-traveled as it contains both quest NPCs and cooking trainers. You might be more prone to interference and griefing there. There are two empty taverns in the park hardly anyone ever goes in if you'd prefer somewhere more off the beaten path.
Optimist Prime.
Tali
Grunt
Grunt

by SlyFly » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:07 am

There is also unnamed tavern in Old Town as well with only single quest NPC there. Could work as well.
What about those two you mentioned - completely empty? Also where to locate those?
SlyFly
Tester

by Charlatan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:17 am

I can only advise to pick the more secluded place. In my retail time this was inconvenient places mostly, the kind that is distant and has only few reasons for OOC players to pass through (Darnassus, Everlook etc.)

Griefers only living to ruin RP are frequent enough on proper RP realms. Here, the RP-OOC ratio is a 100 times bigger.
"The best ideas often come from the worst minds."
Charlatan
Tester

by MoapChan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:32 pm

Honestly, ignoring griefers is as simple as muting them. I guess other people have lower tolerances to such things.
MoapChan
Tester

by Charlatan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:44 pm

MoapChan wrote:Honestly, ignoring griefers is as simple as muting them. I guess other people have lower tolerances to such things.

You obviously haven't met really dedicated griefers yet.
"The best ideas often come from the worst minds."
Charlatan
Tester

by Joseph » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:10 pm

So is this happening? Because I would love to be apart of some role-play as I haven't experienced it yet on this server. Where can I reach you guys in-game? I'm actually on Horde but have an alliance alt at level 10 if that's acceptable.
Joseph
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by SlyFly » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Most likely to happen, yet I do not see representatives of active roleplay guilds to show interest in the idea.
If situation remains as it is - only independant players taking interest in suggestion - other course of action might be more correct.
I shall wait some more and observe public reaction before promoting any other ideas though.
SlyFly
Tester

by MoapChan » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:13 am

I'm a senior officer in The Order, we're an RP guild. There's your active RP guild interest.
MoapChan
Tester

by Tali » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:17 pm

SlyFly wrote:There is also unnamed tavern in Old Town as well with only single quest NPC there. Could work as well.
What about those two you mentioned - completely empty? Also where to locate those?

They're both completely empty. You can find them in the Stormwind park- one has a mailbox in front of it, and the other is immediately to the right when you enter the round moonwell area of the park. Not hard to find!
Optimist Prime.
Tali
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Role Play