EVENT- Journey for the object of desire PART 3

Role-play forum section.

EVENT- Journey for the object of desire PART 3

by ryakashi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:33 am

Hello all! I will be hosting a roleplay event the evening of this Friday, 6/19, 6PM central time.

Shippuuga has learned legend of a magical object, one that has been sought after for ages! I won't spoil all the details, but this object has been shrouded in mystery, it's location unknown. With a single lead on the item finally discovered, he plans to take a cavalcade of adventerures along with him. Following this clue will be but one step, and the rest will be all difficult as well.

A generic quest, you might say, but not many other people are making events so I think this will be fun. If it goes well, there will be many more events to this story afterwards! Message me in game, drop me a mail, or post here for more information.

It will be starting in the Pig n Whistle tavern in Stormwind around 6pm central, and we'll be staying in the tavrern until Shippuuga judges a sufficient amount of people have answered his call.

The first event was a pretty good one. We had about eight different people come and go. It wasn't the turnout I had hoped for, but it's as good as I can expect.

The evening was spent in the tavern, where Shippuuga had called anyone willing to help to gather. It had been a weeks worth of heralding leading up to that day. He sat in the tavern in wait, when finally a small gnome girl entered and approached him. That was the beginning. Soon there were six of them in all.

Along with a bit of idle conversation, Shippuuga found time to tell the story of his quest. It went as follows. During his travels in Feralas, near the ruins of Dire Maul, he had come across a book. Normally, these things were of no interest to him. But this book allured him. It was covered in a language he had never seen before. And the tome itself had a sort of draw to it... He just wanted to learn more about it. So he took it to the one person he thought could help, an elven wizard who lives in the forests of Ashenvale, away from elven society. A few hours spent with his long time friend and the mysteries of the pages were unraveled. The book was in fact a legend, it told the story of, loosely translated 'the object of desire', a small box that seems to have a mind of it's own. Whoever can manage to find this box, and open it, will find inside the one thing they most desire in this world, no matter what it be, the box will hold it. The book told many other things as well, like the instructions on how to find the box and accounts of all others who had tried to open the box before. According to the pages all the people who had tried to find the box had failed, and not only failed they met with horrible tragedy along the way. Unfortunate luck and terrible turns of events happen to them in their quest. The instructions to finding the box were mostly clear. One must first find the chart detailing the exact location of the chart. This chart has a graph, giving exact coordinated locations on where the box currently is. And according to the pages, the chart will always return to the same place after the previous holder dies and fails. It will always return to Kharazan. And that is where Shippuuga must go.

The warrior regaled his tale several times that night, answering questions about the quest, about his desire to find it. Many people worried for him, that he had already been corrupted and gone mad for the object. They asked why he wanted them to come along. Shippuuga thought it wise to, instead of rushing alone after the map, to gather help. He thought that to overcome the tragedy that the book so obscurely states he would need the help of friends. Many different people who will truly wish to aid him. The man was fortunate, as he had gathered a small party willing to help.

The night had grown late by that point, so the party made the decision to begin the quest on the following day. Gather what you need, gather any friends who will join, and meet at the gates of Stormwind. That was how it ended, and that is how it will continue!

The event will continue tonight, 6/20, 6 PM Central USA.

The event was a success with about 7 people joining. The chart was found by Shippuuga and the party, and another obscure clue is left to follow. Find the azure crystallization in the northernmost boreal, under the blue light and trees.

I'll have another event 6/26 6 PM Central USA time. Shippuuga has asked for help again, from the original party and anyone else willing to help.
Last edited by ryakashi on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shippuuga - Warrior of the Alliance
ryakashi
Tester

Re: EVENT- Journey for the object of desire

by SlyFly » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:43 am

What is a central time again? Murican CT or european CET?
SlyFly
Tester

by ryakashi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:04 pm

American Central time. Also I'm moving the event to Friday.
Shippuuga - Warrior of the Alliance
ryakashi
Tester

by JCarrill0 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:36 pm

I should be online, whisper me ingame
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Joseph » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:49 am

Did this happen? kind of sad that I missed it and completely forgot, since I am horde and can't add any of you guys who are alliance.
Joseph
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: EVENT- Journey for the object of desire PART 3

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Can't wait for the next event!
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Avenhold » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:39 pm

How did it all turn out? I'm sorry I missed it!
Greyan, Priest of the Holy Light
Grongin, Beardling of Anvilmar
Marados, Student of Magic
Avenhold
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:42 am

Avenhold wrote:How did it all turn out? I'm sorry I missed it!

did part 2 happen, I was on but I didn't see it happen
I planned to be apart of it all
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Avenhold » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:56 am

Part two did take place. That was when the party found the chart to track down the box.
Greyan, Priest of the Holy Light
Grongin, Beardling of Anvilmar
Marados, Student of Magic
Avenhold
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Role Play