What is the deal with RP

Role-play forum section.

Re: What is the deal with RP

by Proctologist » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:39 am

Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Procto
Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Missbunbun

Let's get one thing straight... I'm not.

Hunter + Priest PvE/PvP PoV.
Proctologist
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Justinlc91 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:06 pm

I was in a guild that would do RPvE (actively express your characters RP during PvE combat); instead of "pulling" a boss you'd /pray with a brief speech or declare your presence and reason for being there, etc. During combat you'd have /e macros to display your current state: /e is feeling weary, the battle weighs heavy - "I'm not sure how much more I can take!" - when at low health, etc.

The obvious reason for doing so is to take the most interesting part of any fantasy game and give it more depth, drama and reality.
Justinlc91
Private
Private

by Talryx » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:15 pm

I might have to make a macro for chastising these retards that dps before the tank has sufficient aggro...
Talryx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Avenhold » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Talryx wrote:I might have to make a macro for chastising these retards that dps before the tank has sufficient aggro...

Amen.
Greyan, Priest of the Holy Light
Grongin, Beardling of Anvilmar
Marados, Student of Magic
Avenhold
Grunt
Grunt

by Psyentific » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:54 am

"What's the deal with RP?"

It's fun to play pretend.

It's actually a lot like a combination of acting and writing. Style and flair differs from person to person, but the overarching theme between vidya roleplay, tabletop roleplay and beyond is that most of us find it fun to create these characters and act them out.
Psyentific
Tester

by cristiaky74 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Well why do you stay home or bening social in real life, instead of going out in the world and start killing thiefs and criminals or maybe invent revolutionary things?
You are basicly roleplaying in real life =))
cristiaky74
Tester

Previous

Return to Role Play