Teller of Tales (Let's get some RP going!)

Role-play forum section.

Teller of Tales (Let's get some RP going!)

by Serjana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:40 pm

Teller of Tales,

Context: I figured that with the small amount of RPers currently and the fact that most of us are currently leveling up, instead of striving for Roleplay across a certain area like all of Stormwind or a specific Tavern RPers frequent like on Blizzard Servers, we could start with organized and small party-events.

ToT, a series of RolePlay games set to be finished over the course of two to three hours with Warcraft Lore added in. The basic set-up includes one Teller of Tales who is outside of the party, and three to five players in the party. The unique set-ups are described below.

Spirits be Crazy 'Mon (Horde) / What's the Demon in Your Soul? (Alliance)

Gathered around a campfire the players each have a few emotes to introduce themselves, their personality, background, history and quirkiness to one another. Once every character is established (this can be skipped if the players all know each other), the Shaman or Warlock Teller of Tales unleashes a demon or spirit on every player in either a ceremony or ritual. These spirits or demons soon take over their hosts and change their personality. The characters then have to adjust their character's personality to their spirit or demons personality that has taken them.

Some fun examples: That fearless warrior has just been taken over by a Jester Spirit and is now telling jokes and trying to be the life of the night! That shy priestess? She was just taken over by a Vengeful Spirit and will now try to assassinate a player! That Paladin of Virtue and the Light? A Succubus got to him. He's now trying to seduce you in every way possible.

Bonus Mode: The Spirit or Demon confuses the host, making them think what happened to them in the past has also happened to the host. That Hunter now believes their S.O cheated on them, who is right next to them - even though their S.O hasn't...

Adventure Mode (Alliance/Horde)

Gathered once more around a campfire the players go through a series of challenges set up by the Teller of Tales. Commonly puzzles, Warcraft Riddles, dice-based combat and diplomacy will be the name of the game.

Sometimes players will be assigned parts to play, such as a Crazy Old Man who gives the other players the riddle, a thief who steals something that the others have to catch or an assassin who has to be caught like a game of clue - et cetera. Usually there is the 'party' (a group of three to five) with outside players antagonizing the group on the guidance of the Teller of Tales. Sometimes even the riddle may tell the party where another player is located in Azeroth that they have to get to in order to progress the adventure!

The Tournament (A/H)
Simple in design and explanation, a series of one versus one matches until a champion is found! Can be played either based on dice-rolls or with the Teller of Tales as the judge.

The Tale (A/H)

This is where the name 'Teller of Tales' originated. Perhaps a bastardized version of D&D to fit Warcraft, The Tale involves a regular meeting where the players involved build-up a character sheet and level-up through an adventure in Azeroth as thought up by the ToT. A series of the above game-modes would be had - riddles, combat, spirits & demons as well as mystery and other players brought in for a day to antagonize the party!

---

I hope to weekly have a group of players to embark on these sort of RP games with and train other folks to run these games on other days of the week until there's a daily-game for both time-zones (Europe & North America) and Sides (A/H). Please message Thornamis on the Alliance if you're interested or join the channel ToT! I'm personally thinking about hosting these games every weekend, once or twice a day. Anyways, don't just read! Get in touch with me, once I know there is interest I'll try to organize some players. Cheers!

P.S: The first game-mode probably wouldn't work according to lore, but since these are small irregular events outside of the rest of the IC-RP world I figured it'd still be a neat idea. :)
Serjana
Tester

Re: Teller of Tales (Let's get some RP going!)

by Avenhold » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Well done Serjana. Games are quite commonly overlooked and I'd like to see them brought and immersed into RP. I look forward to seeing these sessions in action.

Consider me signed up for the trial run.
Greyan, Priest of the Holy Light
Grongin, Beardling of Anvilmar
Marados, Student of Magic
Avenhold
Grunt
Grunt

by Serjana » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:30 am

In two or three hours I'll be hosting a round! Alliance side.
Serjana
Tester

by Avenhold » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:30 pm

I'm sorry to have missed it. You caught me while I was off at my day job! Did you end up running it or reschedule instead?
Greyan, Priest of the Holy Light
Grongin, Beardling of Anvilmar
Marados, Student of Magic
Avenhold
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Role Play