Is Nostalrius RP friendly?

Role-play forum section.

Is Nostalrius RP friendly?

by StorytellerbyNight » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:16 am

I had almost not dared to believe there were people who wanted to go back to the way things used to be, when World of Warcraft epitomized adventure and community rather than the trash it's become today. But what is the role-play community like? Can I expect to be involved in some good play with others, like the old days? What is your experience in Nostalrius as a role-player so far?
StorytellerbyNight
Tester

Re: Is Nostalrius RP friendly?

by Kuroyu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:32 am

Your best bet is finding a guild supporting it, I know they exist. But, don't expect random players in the world to want to do it, because so many aren't native english speakers.
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by itomon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I'm friendly and I roleplay in Nostalrius! :3

Seriously now. I'm Officer of the <Alliance RP> and <Horde RP> guilds, that were meant to provide a welcoming, open space for all roleplayers. We use ranks to sort people's interest in the game (Casual RP, Heavy RP, PvP, PvE/Raid), and we have a very neat subguild system: we use the Public Notes to sort us out and create a lot of rolelpaying groups, concepts and contents!

Well, that is what I wanted to say, but this is actually up to the members, not me. Being as wide as it is, and avoiding hierarchies that may make our roleplaying dependant of one person (the "GM" as Game Master who rules the storyline), we need as many willing roleplayers as we can to make it all work smoothly.

To find us, type "/join RP" in your character to join the RP channel, and ask for us! I'll gladly help if you prefer, just whisp me then!

Ally char: Delong
Horde char: Ajhek

Hope we can roleplay together anytime soon!
Best Regards
Itomon
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Viorus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:46 pm

No not really. The majority of players are young / immature.

WoW does not attract the role playing community. There's better games out there suited for RPing and attract an older / more mature crowd.
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thiji Higuri » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:26 pm

The Sergeant Major does have a point...
Thiji Higuri
Tester

by itomon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:09 pm

But it's still a MMO and a very crowded server. We can't just build expectations... we must make things happen in our favor sometimes.

I'm a roleplayer, not a heavy one, i like "childish" adventuring RP but I'm not a child. But even being a 30year old player, this is my first time in vanilla... and I'm from Brazil, too! What I mean to say is... I may not fit into the general picture. Why wouldn't be more ppl like me there?

...In any case I just wanted to say: dont give up, show yourself, your RP style and avaliability. You're helping the RP activity a great deal by just doing that ^^
itomon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dessel » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:09 pm

Many rank points to be had
Dessel
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Role Play