What's a good name for an Orc Warlock?

Role-play forum section.

Re: What's a good name for an Orc Warlock?

by farrsa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Aschenbach wrote:I often turn to litterature when trying to come up with good names (hence Aschenbach), that sound "realistic" in a wow setting. On top of my head: Ismael (Moby Dick), Katla (The Brothers Lionheart), Faustus (Dr. Faustus) etc. If you dont like to "copy paste" the names directly, you can always make small changes like a new endning to them.

"How to be a big fag in three easy steps"
Dupabiskupa AKA cancerpriest

Click here to learn the story of Fizzey, the most furious gnome on the server!
farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aschenbach » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 pm

farrsa wrote:
Aschenbach wrote:I often turn to litterature when trying to come up with good names (hence Aschenbach), that sound "realistic" in a wow setting. On top of my head: Ismael (Moby Dick), Katla (The Brothers Lionheart), Faustus (Dr. Faustus) etc. If you dont like to "copy paste" the names directly, you can always make small changes like a new endning to them.

Reminds me of a great quote from the opening scene in "The Newsroom": "We aspired to intelligence, we didn't belittle it. It didn't make us feel inferior."

To OP, alternatively you can take a word that you feel like has relevance to your character and translate it to another language that sounds cool. E.G.: I named a Rogue of mine "Senka", which (according to google translate) means "Shadow" in Serbian.
Aschenbach
Tester

by Onírica » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Hum! Pretza, Naklerth or Krilo
Onírica
Sergeant
Sergeant

by farrsa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:57 pm

Aschenbach wrote:
farrsa wrote:

Reminds me of a great quote from the opening scene in "The Newsroom": "We aspired to intelligence, we didn't belittle it. It didn't make us feel inferior."

To OP, alternatively you can take a word that you feel like has relevance to your character and translate it to another language that sounds cool. E.G.: I named a Rogue of mine "Senka", which (according to google translate) means "Shadow" in Serbian.

haha you're so unbelieveably pretentious

farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by farrsa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Aschenbach wrote:

listen to this dude btw. he probably has a tattoo of a chinese character for 'wisdom' on his arm. except it says 'bread'

farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by farrsa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:05 pm

PS this is also a very good solution if you want to deal with incessant whispers from people who assume youre serbian or whatever. overall we got a goldmine of good advice here folks

farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mugo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:10 pm

farrsa wrote:"How to be a big fag in three easy steps"

And here we have an example of "how to be a douchbag in one sentance".

@ TS: just use those name generators and edit up to your taste.
Mugo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hawt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:23 pm

Drakedogpvp
Hawt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by erbifion » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Lary ( the friendly orc warlock : > )
erbifion
Tester

by Crysthal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:34 pm

Butfuk
Crysthal
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Role Play