Finally time to finish some more of my mages backstory

Role-play forum section.

Finally time to finish some more of my mages backstory

by Meerkatz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:11 am

This is the story of Mordenkainen:
Mordenkainen is an orphan of the first war. His parents being killed while he was out in the forest. He comes back to find the orcs mutilating his parents bodies. In fit of rage he charges orcs at that moment he feels a surge of energy from his body at that moment he realizes the orcs are no longer in front of him, now in front of him are 2 sheep Surrounded by orc armor. He runs out of the house not knowing what has just happened. He keeps running until he can run now more and passes out.
He wakes up 3 days later in a bed with a orc sleeping in the bed next to him, thinking he has been captured by the orcs he slowly climbs out of bed and attempts to run, but then he hears a voice behind him. I turn and see a man sitting in a chair, reading in the candle light, except there are no candles!!! Curious I slowly walk towards the man, trying not to wake the orc, the man says "dont worry she knows you are awake." Not realizing what that means, I run towards the man. I run into the man and notice, the room is lit with floating orbs of flame. Looking in awe at these orbs of flame just floating around the room, I asks "who are you", the man answers, "I am Khadgar, Mage of the Kirin tor, Apprentice to the Archmage Medivh", He then corrected him self adding "Former" to the apprenticeship, i know you have many questions, i will answer them in time, but first i have to ask you "why were you passed out in the middle of Elwynn forest?" I explain what had transpired at my home. Khadgar gets up and says "so that is why i sensed a discharge of arcane energy". Looking puzzled I ask "where are we going". Before Khadgar could answer, a man comes running in dressing in full Alliance armor, I realize who this man, i yell "the Lion of Azeroth". Anduin Lothar says "I see your finally awake". My jaw drops to the floor realizing he is standing feet away from a Knight of Azeroth, and he addressed me!. Khadgar asks if I leave for a few moments. I walk out and notice out the window that I am standing in the ruins of a town. And notice someone else standing next to me, i turn and see green skin, i jump back!!! realizing the orc is standing next to me, She then turns and speaks in a very accented common "Do not be afraid young one, I am not here to kill you". The fear begins to subside into curiosity. I ask "where am I". She answers "On your maps, we in the former town of Grand Hamlet". Then Khadgar also comes up behind and he whispers into the orcs ears. I feel a sharp poke in my back, I turn and khadgar says "when you awaken you will be in a safe place, seek me out when your training is finished", i then fall to the floor. I wake up in a soft bed, a tall man with very pointy ears walks in, and says "welcome young one, you are safe in the City of Dalaran"
Years later... waking up in the city of dalaran was always a chore, literally, when you first wake up you must make sure the broom is sweeping and make sure I didnt destroy anything in my sleep. But today was no normal day, today was the day apprenticeships are handed out for the lucky few. I knew all my years of training were for this moment, i was going to be announces as the Archmages Apprentice. I hastely get ready, putting on my Ceremonial purple robes, and i head downstairs to make breakfast... After a light meal i head out to see a couple colleagues before i head to the violet citadel for the ceremony.
People have already started gathering for the announcements. I take my place with in the crowd, but the crowd seem more chatty then it had been. I ask what is going on, to a fellow mage standing next to me, she says "Archmage Antonidas was going to make an announcement." "is Antonidas going make the announcement personally?", i thought. Normally it would have been one of the younger Archmagi to make the announcements, but Antonidas wouldn't make an appearance unless it was something of great improt. The Archmage and his apprentice Jaina Proudmoore appear on a terrace of on of the spires of the Violet Citadel. A bright blue glow gleams from the terrace, and the Lady proudmoore vanished. "She must have a mission to take care off". The archmage begins to speak of The former Prince arthas and his undead. The archmage then Raises is staff to the sky and the violet citadel begins shimmer in a brilliant arcane glow. The glow begins to expand outwords, and the another layer and another start moving away from the Citadel. Archmage informs the city that arthas has come to destroy the city, and that the city if being evacuated of all civilians. Panic sets in and people start running, but before I get very far, I am teleported,
The room comes into focus and i say "I still have not gotten used to that", realizing i am in the Archmages personal quarters, i look for him, i see him walking in off the terrace and says "well i bet you were hoping for better news?" we both chuckle. I ask "Archmage, why am i here? i should be helping prepare the cities defenses". "It is not your destiny to die here" he says. I then ask "what of archmage Khadgar, will he be defending the city?". Antonidas sits down and sighs, "You are such a talented young man, eventually you could even pass Khadgar, but you are so naive". "Khadgar has been dead for 10 years" he announces. "He is not dead, I yell back, he is just lost. He will come back, he said he would"... tears begin streaming down my face. The archmage gets up and pulls a book from the self. I get up and grab the book, drying the tears from my eyes. "He left this book for you when you were ready. Since this city isn't gonna be here much longer, there is no point in losing this knowledge. Now i want you to leave Dalaran, go where you please your master may still be out there." The archmage teleports me.
Essentially i ended my characters back story when arthas comes to dalaran to resurrect Archimonde, any comments on what i have here?
Meerkatz
Private
Private

Re: Finally time to finish some more of my mages backstory

by TheLockKing » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:45 am

Just 3.

1. Formatting is horrid.
2. Naming the character after one of the most prominent mages in DnD reeks of ego-tripping.. pretty much as big a sin as naming them Drizzt, Elminster, Aragorn, etc.
3. As for the actual story.. it's not My Immortal, but still very bad. You're one sex scene with Alextrasza away from being a textbook example of Mary Sue.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by thoridal » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:55 am

4. forgot your sonic comic from deviantart

meerkats please
thoridal
Private
Private

by dsquidvicious » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:01 am

Pretty decent read. Good job.
dsquidvicious
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Patience » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Brilliant! :)

I wish you had put more more spaces and stuff in between, rough text to read like that!
Patience <RAID IS DEAD>
http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com/
Still recruiting exceptional people!
Patience
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ohrami » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:31 am

wow just epic well done my friend
Ohrami
Grunt
Grunt

by Ancestor » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Wait wait, if I just post some random fluff for my character, people take the time to actually read it?? Legit man. I'm so doing this.
Ancestor
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Moxey » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:43 pm

its a 4chan troll. if hes even the real meerkatz
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by krose00 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Best rp i have ever saw