How To: Maximize Quality and Smoothness

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: How To: Maximize Quality and Smoothness

by Yermak » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:37 pm

I'm very pleased with the improved graphics, I had problems, but they are solved now. Thanx for this topic!
Yermak
Private
Private

by Fridolin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:54 pm

Nice work :)!
I will do that later with my wow too!
Nostalrius PvP
Alliance Mage :)

Developing an AddonManagementTool for Vanilla and TBC Addons!
Fridolin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Exactly » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:05 am

Infil0405 wrote:Anyone knows how to fix microstuttering, which is shown in this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9vW88O2UM

I tried console settings in the beginning of this tread, but nothing helps.

Wow that seriously hasnt been fixed yet? Do most people not notice it or something? I found nostalrius uplayable because of this microstutter. Is there any fix at all? Should i got out and buy a 8800 gtx? Would the game play better than? (serious question btw lol)
Exactly
Tester

by Pottu » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:52 pm

The microstutter issue is caused by a mixture of the vanilla WoW rendering engine, your graphics card, your DirectX and your GFX card drivers. It does not happen to every player with a powerful GFX card and is very difficult to fix. Experimenting with different GFX drivers and reinstalling DirectX 9.0c might help. Obviously we cannot do anything about the WoW rendering engine, which unfortunately means that a tiny percentage of players are stuck with this issue.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Exactly » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Pottu wrote:The microstutter issue is caused by a mixture of the vanilla WoW rendering engine, your graphics card, your DirectX and your GFX card drivers. It does not happen to every player with a powerful GFX card and is very difficult to fix. Experimenting with different GFX drivers and reinstalling DirectX 9.0c might help. Obviously we cannot do anything about the WoW rendering engine, which unfortunately means that a tiny percentage of players are stuck with this issue.

The GM team.

No offense but i think "tiny percentage" is not the right wording here. I tried gtx 760 and gtx 465 both exhibited the microstutter. I havent tried different drivers this go round but i did back around july when i quit because of the microstutter. I bet a lot of people have this but they simply dont notice or are willing to just put up with it. I actually may go out and buy cards from around the 2006/2007 range to see if it helps lol. Like an 8800/9800 gt or x11800/1900 from ati.
Exactly
Tester

by Krumz » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Greengrass wrote:If you can do better than it is mine, please tell me how?

Server time 5:39 AM

Specs: I5-2310 [email protected] 16gb RAM 770GTX SSD PlextorM6S

Mods: Night Mod, HD Textures by Koward, Reshade+SweetFX

Game video settings: check first post in this thread.

Effects: GAUSSIAN BLOOM, AMBIENT LIGHT, SMAA, HDR, LUMASHARPEN, LEVELS, DPX, TONEMAP, VIBRANCE. DSR, AFx16

https://imgur.com/a/7w3VL

Guess it's to late since he hasnt logged since January but maybe somebody here knows how to install Reshade+SweetFX for Vanilla WoW?
Krumz
Private
Private

by Bobbyzbitz » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:05 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
Bobbyzbitz
Private
Private

by Undertanker » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:07 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius