How To: Maximize Quality and Smoothness

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: How To: Maximize Quality and Smoothness

by psyde » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:25 pm

is there a command to extend the draw distance of foliage? it only continuously shows up about 10 feet from my character as i run. also, is there a command to increase shadow resolution, or just turn shadows up?
psyde
Tester

by handamputation » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Sorry to ask such a noob question, but will this work with Windows 10? My new laptop is coming in the mail and I definitely want to try this if so...
handamputation
Private
Private

by euronmisc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:08 pm

it should.

this doesnt do anything with your computer. just your wow client. All it does is increase the graphic settings and options further than the options menu allows you via manual commands.

You're not changing anything in your computer, just changing the graphic setting of your vanilla WoW client.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by handamputation » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks, Euro! Looking forward to trying this tomorrow. : )
handamputation
Private
Private

by Fubar187421 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:34 pm

do i need to ( /Console <Command> ) if i'm doing this in game?
Fubar187421
Tester

by mandelia » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:48 am

Thanks so much for this. I knew these types of commands exist but didn't think I'd find a full guide like this one. On top of it all, I am downsampling to 3200x1800 and injecting antialiasing from Nvidia control panel. WOW looks pretty tight now.
mandelia
Tester

by handamputation » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Thanks so much for this!

Makes the game look GREAT!

: D
handamputation
Private
Private

by handamputation » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:21 pm

mandelia wrote:Thanks so much for this. I knew these types of commands exist but didn't think I'd find a full guide like this one. On top of it all, I am downsampling to 3200x1800 and injecting antialiasing from Nvidia control panel. WOW looks pretty tight now.

Could you explain the 'injecting antialiasing from Nvidia control panel'? I have a 940m in my Laptop and the Control Panel. Can I do the same thing?
handamputation
Private
Private

by Fuuyutsuki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:48 am

psyde wrote:is there a command to extend the draw distance of foliage? it only continuously shows up about 10 feet from my character as i run. also, is there a command to increase shadow resolution, or just turn shadows up?

I would really like to know this too
Fuuyutsuki
Tester

by Zacharybinx34 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:29 pm

mandelia wrote:Thanks so much for this. I knew these types of commands exist but didn't think I'd find a full guide like this one. On top of it all, I am downsampling to 3200x1800 and injecting antialiasing from Nvidia control panel. WOW looks pretty tight now.

How did you setup downsamplling?
Zacharybinx34
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius