World of Warcraft zhCN 1.12.1 (5875) Chinese Client.

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: World of Warcraft zhCN 1.12.1 (5875) Chinese Client.

by Nuxxy » Mon May 25, 2015 10:40 pm

Welp chinese client not working for me very sad i get dc'ed like 30 seconds i'm in game =/
Nuxxy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mekoneko » Tue May 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Why would anyone want to use the Chinese client, any advantages !?
mekoneko
Private
Private

by Rackade » Fri May 29, 2015 3:55 pm

I can't install this

I think it's telling me to insert disk 1 like what
Rackade
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Insignia » Sat May 30, 2015 3:29 am

My dbc scan system thing is just a guess, as I'm ignorant about what kind of system they're using.
But on further inspection, it seems to accept the Korean client and gives no DCs.
I guess either the pre-installed Korean client has something modified that passes the scan, or it's
just the Chinese client that has something different in some MPQ patch that is different from the English and Korean clients.

I don't fucking know.
Rogue God
Insignia
Grunt
Grunt

by grimfate » Sat May 30, 2015 8:01 am

Would anyone happen to know of a Chinese client compatible with Mac? I'd greatly apppreciate being pointed in the right direction!
grimfate
Tester

by yyy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Hello

Thank you for uploading the chinese client, but I have the same problem has some people already reported, the game quits by itself 30 seconds after connecting..

(ps: when it promps you to insert CD1, just say cancel and you can install)

Is there any fix? Do you think this is because Nostalrius detects the client as being modified?

The reason why I want to play in chinese is because I've been studying the language for a few years now and I feel like I could pick up some interesting vocabulary with wow..

Cheers anyway

EDIT1; Apparently I might have found the cause of the problem, I'll copy paste here, and edit once more when I've applied and tried out the fix (I have to reinstall everything first). In short it means that simply deleting speech2.mpq will fix the disconnects, but it will remove all english voices from the game. Then it explains how to get the chinese voice back I think but I don't understand, maybe delete speech.mpq and rename speech2.mpq into speech.mpq, I'm not sure, any help is appreciated.

如果用中文客户端的,要删除 DATA 文件夹里 speech2文件 这是NPC 中文语音文件,如果你要听中文语音 就先删除 speech 文件 把speech2文件 里的 2去掉就行

EDIT2: Ok all you have to do is to delete Speech.mpq and rename speech2.mpq into speech.mpq and voila, you have the working game in chinese with working sound and no disconnect. You can also /join china which seems pretty active, along with one of the various chinese speaking guild on either faction.
yyy
Private
Private

by hakuyi » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Thank you for your efforts but I have two questions:
1. I can update the first patch but not the second one, do you have an idea why? (I double click it but nothing happens)
2. In case of a succesful full install and update, how can I then use the Chinese client to connect to Nostalrius server? At the moment I have two versions of 1.12 installed (1 complete English version and 1 Chinese version lacking the final update)

Thank you for any feedback
hakuyi
Private
Private

by antoine » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:32 am

Anyone else having this issue when they extract and double click the installer.exe?

http://i.imgur.com/Cu7oH1b.png

Says: Sorry the installer was unable to startup, you may be out of hardrive space.

But I have 70 GB of HD space free....

Thanks,
Antoine
antoine
Tester

by alucard001 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:14 pm

EDIT2: Ok all you have to do is to delete Speech.mpq and rename speech2.mpq into speech.mpq and voila, you have the working game in chinese with working sound and no disconnect. You can also /join china which seems pretty active, along with one of the various chinese speaking guild on either faction.

Do not do this unless you want Nostalrius to detect your client as modified and have bad consequences.

For everyone that gets DC, just delete "speech2.mpq" in Data folder and profit.
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by alucard001 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:19 pm

Thank you for your efforts but I have two questions:
1. I can update the first patch but not the second one, do you have an idea why? (I double click it but nothing happens)
2. In case of a succesful full install and update, how can I then use the Chinese client to connect to Nostalrius server? At the moment I have two versions of 1.12 installed (1 complete English version and 1 Chinese version lacking the final update)

Thank you for any feedback

1) You should be able to. Make you sure you have the two update files in your Wow folder (yes copy from installation one and paste them in your Chinese 1.10 wow folder.) Then execute them.
2) Very easy, you should have two different wow folders, the enUS one, and zhCN one. Just execute wow.exe from whatever you wanna play on.

Anyone else having this issue when they extract and double click the installer.exe?

http://i.imgur.com/Cu7oH1b.png

Says: Sorry the installer was unable to startup, you may be out of hardrive space.

But I have 70 GB of HD space free....

Thanks,
Antoine

This is quite rare, you should investigate in your navigator.

Greetings.
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius