World of Warcraft 1.12.1 OSX client

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: World of Warcraft 1.12.1 OSX client

by Diametra » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:33 pm

Hey vekt, can you let me know the process in which you go through in order to run wow through Wine please on a mac? Are you using the osx client or the windows one ? And if so, how do you go about installing and running?
(i guess maybe i need to do some wine research! ;p)....

He's using the windows client, that's why he is using a wineskin!

Download a windows vanilla client. If it's a .rar then you need something like utorrent too to download it. Then you need a utility to open the rar. I already had one on my mac I forget what it was called. Search for a utility if you don't have it.

Once it's in a folder, use Text Edit to change the realm list to the correct one. Through away the ADB folder.

Now...download Wineskin Winery. When you first open it it's gonna need to go find an engine and some other module...just mess with it. Then when those are loaded...for me when I tried to use it, Wineskin went out into the Nether again and downloaded two more pieces. Once it's happy, Make a wineskin called "WoW" or whatever you want to call it. I ended up getting to WoW6 before I had it right.

Select "copy folder" and go find the windows 1.21.1 folder for wow. For me when I did this the file size created got to 5.99 GB. Once that was done I also selected .exe file to put in the wineskin. I went and found the wow launcher.exe. then I closed wineskin. Then I opened the new WoW6 skin and..it worked.

Good luck
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by galaris » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Hey, thanks for the upload!
galaris
Tester

by Thomascardin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:39 pm

Hey guys!
Anyone else has problems using function keys in the mac client?
Alt, Ctrl doesn't work at all and if I'm fullscreen command+tab isn't doing anything.
I'm also missing a few options like displaying quests on the minimap and some features that I saw on the windows 1.12 version. Anyone experienced the same?
Thomascardin
Tester

by Teldine » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:27 am

so i downloaded this client, i see the realm list is already changed so i assume its good to go? every time i try to run it i get a crash report almost instantly. granted i am running it on a macbook 1, 1 gb of ram and a intel gma 950 graphics card. but i was running official wow servers on it about 6 months ago before they stopped supoorting it on os x 10.6.8. Any one got any ideas why it is sending crash report every time i try to open it?
Teldine
Tester

by Moeberg94$ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 am

I've now tried several times to download the first client, from the google drive link, but everytime, as soon as it reaches 5.6 GB, it stops? Why could that be? Is there anyway to make this happen? I have a macbook air, so do you believe that it has something to do with that?
Moeberg94$
Tester

by Orcenaroos » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Hello! Can anyone please confirm if this is a safe file to download or not? Thanks!
Orcenaroos
Tester

by Squizzle » Thu May 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Hey guys

I've downloaded that client and it work in most cases. I have no idea if its me or if its the client but I can only get online after 23:00 CeT before that I'm unable to connect or my account it closed. Is this due to queue time or what is going on ? :(
Squizzle
Tester

by Lekgolo » Mon May 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Hey guys, I am having trouble getting the Mac client to work. It downloaded correctly but when I run it, I just get a black screen with no cursor. I do have the correct realmlist and I tried deleting the WTF and WDB folders but that didn't work either. Anybody else run into this problem?
Lekgolo
Tester

by kaba » Tue May 12, 2015 6:42 am

Just wanted to recommend to everyone using this installation to delete the WDB folder before starting to play. The item-cache in it is incorrect, showing some items with post-1.3-stats. (Nost is 1.12.1 but using 1.3 stats on items.)

An example is the Dreamweave Circlet showing up as a blue rarity item with pretty great stats when it on server-side is a green with OK stats.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by davcatt » Thu May 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Lekgolo wrote:Hey guys, I am having trouble getting the Mac client to work. It downloaded correctly but when I run it, I just get a black screen with no cursor. I do have the correct realmlist and I tried deleting the WTF and WDB folders but that didn't work either. Anybody else run into this problem?

Same for me. Downloaded, configured the realm list, deleted WDB WTF but i get an ugly black screen when I launch it. still got the mouse pointer glove-shaped, so it seems that something is working...

Got any ideas?
davcatt
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius