Complete Mac Set-up using Wineskin

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Complete Mac Set-up using Wineskin

by ChunWai » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:23 am

I've got a MacBook Pro 13 with Retina screen. At the moment I have WoW on Bootcamp Windows but as I don't want to change to Windows constantly, I installed Wineskin and it worked very quickly. The only problem is resolution. I've been trying different options in the screen options screen of Wineskin but I can't seem to get it right.. If I try to use the max resolution in the game, then I just get a black screen with only my cursor viewable. 1920x1200 would be perfect for me, but I do not get this option in-game. Any ideas on how to resolve this?
ChunWai
Tester

by Diametra » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:20 pm

I could not find any way to resolve that issue. There were only a couple resolution settings that had worked for me..I can't recall which was the best. I switched to the Mac native version as soon as I could find a good one.

It might me necessary to edit into the config file the resolution you desire BEFORE you roll it up into wineskin. I never got that far with it so I'm only speculating.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Legend » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:10 pm

I've been running the Windows client through wine on My MacBook since Nostalrius released and never had the boat bug.

What i DO have problems with is terrible lag after tabbing out of the game and then back until i change the ingame resolution and back to the one i want again. Any idea why this problem occur?
Legend
Grunt
Grunt

by Legend » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Bumping My question :)
Legend
Grunt
Grunt

by escapefromworcester » Tue May 26, 2015 3:59 am

Hi,
I've twice tried downloading what seems to be the Mac Version of Nostalrius. Both times the file was a ZIP file. When I unzipped it, I was provided with 3 files. Wow-1.12.1-Setup-1.bin, Wow-1.12.1-Setup-2.bin, Wow-1.12.1-Setup-3.bin, and Wow-1.12.1-Setup.exe. Clearly, the fourth file is a Windows program. When I open the other three files they just create more .bin files.
So basically, after downloading I don't see any of files needed to follow the instructions to install natively on my mac or through Wineskin.

I hope that was clear that someone can help me out.
BTW: I'm running OSX Yosemite

Thanks a lot!
escapefromworcester
Tester

by Lindow » Tue May 26, 2015 12:02 pm

I used the link provided in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1377

All I had to do was copy the folder to my Applications folder and that's it, worked fine.
Lindow
Grunt
Grunt

by Zachary813 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:09 pm

escapefromworcester wrote:Hi,
I've twice tried downloading what seems to be the Mac Version of Nostalrius. Both times the file was a ZIP file. When I unzipped it, I was provided with 3 files. Wow-1.12.1-Setup-1.bin, Wow-1.12.1-Setup-2.bin, Wow-1.12.1-Setup-3.bin, and Wow-1.12.1-Setup.exe. Clearly, the fourth file is a Windows program. When I open the other three files they just create more .bin files.
So basically, after downloading I don't see any of files needed to follow the instructions to install natively on my mac or through Wineskin.

I hope that was clear that someone can help me out.
BTW: I'm running OSX Yosemite

Thanks a lot!

Thats a windows version. Thats why, you need to download the mac version
Zachary813
Tester

by zionular » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:08 pm

This worked perfectly, although I can't get any addons to work when I put them in the interface section. Any clues?
zionular
Tester

Previous

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius