Druid or Priest heal (Horde)

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Druid or Priest heal (Horde)

by Ragnus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Hello,

I'm planning on trying out Nostalrius and I wanna do a Horde char, as I was playing horde back in vanilla, and aim to play either a Priest or a Druid. Which is easier to level solo and still be able to heal 5mans until 60 (that's when I'm gonna specc fully into heal)?

My first druid was during BC and I was leveling with a balance specc. Not sure if that's any good for leveling in classic. Can see how it's able to perform as a heal in 5mans.
Never played a priest but AFAIK as a shadow I can also be used as a heal for 5mans.

I'm having the same interest in both classes to start and play as a healer but having somewhat limited time I'd prefer the easier one during leveling.
So I'd love to get some useful input before starting out :)
Ragnus
Tester

Re: Druid or Priest heal (Horde)

by popezaphod » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Balance is horrible in general in Vanilla and not good for leveling. Most Druids level as Feral. I am not sure if you can do viable heals in 5-mans as a Feral Druid as it's been 10 years since I tried. My initial guess is no.

But I think it's worthwhile to level a Druid because you'll be in demand for Resto healing when you hit 60 raids.
"Well, Zaphod's just this Pope, you know?
Ember - Druid - <At Your Service>

* WoW: Open Beta through intro of BC, then back for WotLK and left before Cata*
popezaphod
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ocbdare » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:53 pm

When it comes to raid healing, both classes are great. However, when we are talking about 5 man healing, I would definitely choose priest. I have mained a druid throughout every single version of WoW and the biggest pain in vanilla and tbc was lack of out of combat resurrect. Running dungeons when you can't res people is a huge pain.

However, I really love druids and I've played a resto druid throughout all of vanilla and tbc.
ocbdare
Tester

by Ramzey » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:24 am

Healing dungeons will be your biggest challenge early on, but in larger groups when you can focus on Raid Healing you will be great and highly in-demand because of innervate.

Leveling will be a bit interesting back when I did it, I leveled Feral and just geared up Resto as I went along so I had some random pieces at level cap, crafting helps a lot for this as well and tons of cloth gear.
Ramzey
Tester

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius