Nostalrius WoW Client

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Nostalrius WoW Client

by prominer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:27 pm

any idea why each time i login in wow the game ask me every single time what realm to choose?
it wasnt like this the 1st time i installed it, it was just entering instant in pve realm without asking, and one more why im getting so many errors while i alrdy removed the add ons that cause the problem should i delete WDB and WTF folders? cuz i see some files with the same names of those add ons...maybe?
prominer
Grunt
Grunt

by dadadu » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:44 pm

prominer wrote:any idea why each time i login in wow the game ask me every single time what realm to choose?
it wasnt like this the 1st time i installed it, it was just entering instant in pve realm without asking, and one more why im getting so many errors while i alrdy removed the add ons that cause the problem should i delete WDB and WTF folders? cuz i see some files with the same names of those add ons...maybe?

I had the same problem and fixed it by manually writing "" SET realmname "Nostalrius Begins PvP" "" in my config.wtf and/or realmlist.wtf (not sure about this one). For some reason the realm name was incomplete forcing me to choose the server every login.

If you want to play on the pve realm, change the name accordingly.
dadadu
Tester

by Narkon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:54 pm

dadadu wrote:
prominer wrote:any idea why each time i login in wow the game ask me every single time what realm to choose?

I had the same problem and fixed it by manually writing "" SET realmname "Nostalrius Begins PvP" "" in my config.wtf and/or realmlist.wtf (not sure about this one). For some reason the realm name was incomplete forcing me to choose the server every login.

If you want to play on the pve realm, change the name accordingly.

The client that the Nostalrius staff have on the MEGA link on the website is slightly outdated. The one on the Google Drive download does not use 'set realmname' within the realmlist.wtf as the game itself will write this value to config.wtf based on what realm you choose. I had it in there previously from when we only had one realm to choose.
Narkon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by granadora6 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:36 pm

I've tried both downloads several times each (4-5 times each) and each time I get: "Failed - Network error" I know it isn't an network issue on my part due to the fact I can watch twitch, and play games while doing this with no issues, I've been downloading on Google Chrome, I don't know if that helps or not.
EDIT: Tried Enternet Explorer and it worked
granadora6
Tester

by Kextor » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Experience the exact same problem :/ Network error. Any solutions/feedback?

-Kex
Kextor
Tester

by evilholyy420 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:23 am

Dude i have the game but no data, wtf, nothing. just the setup
evilholyy420
Tester

by Pottu » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:56 pm

Greetings,

something went wrong with your installation then. Could be an anti-virus program automatically deleting/blocking stuff. Try installing outside of the Program Files folder.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by adamik » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Are you running the .exe with all the .bin files in the same directory?
Image[/quote]

I didn't look up on that and I don't have Nostalrius no more. I'll install it once more so I will see will it work or not
adamik
Tester

by kestus0756 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello, I'm new to this server but I've been playing WoW for around 6 years now. I get an error "Setup 1 and 2 bins are broken". What am I supposed to do to fix this error?
kestus0756
Tester

by Pottu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Download again. The files were not fully downloaded.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius