Cannot Login (Disconnected from server)

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Cannot Login (Disconnected from server)

by Robotron » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:33 pm

I followed the tutorial (and I used the account name I registered on the main website with, not my forum account), and I cannot get into the game at all. I put in my name and password, it sits at "Connecting" (I think I got "Authenticating" a few times), then it says, "Disconnected from server." Multiple attempts does nothing to solve this issue.

What I've tried:
- Run as Administrator
- Downloaded the realmist.wtf file and added the line: set realmname "Nostalrius Begins"
- I am running absolutely no addons or mods like modeledit; I don't have any other WoW client or files on my computer.

I'm on Win 8.1.

[Edit] After a lot of the same error, I discovered that I had to changed my realmlist.wtf file's first line to "set realmlist login2.nostalrius.org" because the default login server was down. Last night, I got kicked off randomly and had the same error, but removing the "2" fixed it.

I'm updating this post so anyone with the same problem as me can solve it if their search yields this post.
Last edited by Robotron on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Re: Cannot Login (Disconnected from server)

by Barsk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Had the same problem, but ended up restarting my computer, which fixed it. Try connecting to a different connecton to see if it helps and if not, try restarting your router. Hope this was of some help.
Barsk
Tester

Re: Cannot Login (Disconnected from server)

by Cram » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Did you also try to use login2.nostalrius.org ?
Cram
Private
Private

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius