Things I want to know before I start

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Things I want to know before I start

by Equality » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:20 am

1. I have an active WoW account. Does Blizzard know when I log in on Nostalrius servers? And is it bad if they know?
2. How easy can I switch from my Blizzard account and from my Nostalrius account? Do I need to do something?
3. Can I play an Alliance and a Horde char on the same server?

Thanks in advance.
Equality
Tester

Re: Things I want to know before I start

by Skuggor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:22 am

1. They don't care. Just look at the GM when a topic is created, they lock it saying "please read our policy about advertising other content" and that's it.
2. Well, your game is in patch 6.1, there you need to play on 1.12, so you'll have to download the 1.12 client to get on nostalrius (cf others topics in the "getting started" section).
3. Yes.
Skuggor
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Things I want to know before I start

by xapher19 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Equality wrote:1. I have an active WoW account. Does Blizzard know when I log in on Nostalrius servers? And is it bad if they know?
2. How easy can I switch from my Blizzard account and from my Nostalrius account? Do I need to do something?
3. Can I play an Alliance and a Horde char on the same server?

Thanks in advance.

1. Blizzard will not be aware if you log into Nostalrius, as the two services are completely separate. I would advise you to use different login credentials when creating a Nostalrius account as a layer of security in the possibility of a database theft of Nostalrius. This will protect your main WoW account. Nostalrius and Blizzard Entertainment are not affiliated.

2. As I mentioned above, the two services are completely separate. The official (also referred to as "retail") version of World of Warcraft requires a Battle.net account and a client version of 6.1. The Nostalrius server requires login credentials created through the nostalrius.org website and a client version of 1.12.1.

3. Yes, you are able to create both Alliance and Horde characters on the same server. (There is only 1 publicly available server for Nostalrius).
xapher19
Tester

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius