Remember to Delete Your WDB (Cache) Folder

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Remember to Delete Your WDB (Cache) Folder

by Voncarstine » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:51 am

I cant get past login screen
Vlad Tepes
Voncarstine
Tester

by Strobber » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:43 am

After deleting my WDB folder and running the client as administrator I get the updated item stats. But as soon as I launch wow after that (not as administrator) it changes back to the old stats. Please help, this is really annoying..
Ace
Strobber
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Did you install the game under Program Files? If so, try moving it elsewhere, like C:\Game\Nostalrius. That should fix your issue.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Aunstic » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Strobber wrote:After deleting my WDB folder and running the client as administrator I get the updated item stats. But as soon as I launch wow after that (not as administrator) it changes back to the old stats. Please help, this is really annoying..

Follow what Pottu said or you can set the "always run as administrator" flag by right clicking WoW.exe, go to properties:
Click "Compatibility" (tab) and check "Run this program as an administrator" then press OK
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by warlockwarlock » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi I recently bought some Wolfrunner Shoes on AH for 25g because they said they gave +11 stam, +11 int, +11 spirit and 13 spell damage. It turns out after deleting the wdb folder they are really shitty boots that gave strength and no spell damage.

When will you guys update the "pre-nerf" stuff so that I can actually use these boots and have them be good?

Thank you.
warlockwarlock
Tester

by Vandrit » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Hello hello! I'm so ridiculously hyped to begin :D

I'm not at all tech-saavy, I'm on Windows 10, and this is my first time playing or downloading Nostalrius. I don't have any other WoW clients on this computer, and in case it matters, I have ~15GB of space before downloading and installing.

I'm going to use the .bat suggestion from the OP, and my question is what problems, if any, I should expect from deleting my WDB / cache? It looks like I might not see the actual stats on some gear.

Thanks!!
Vandrit
Tester

by Pottu » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Greetings,

you do not need to delete your WDB folder each and every time you start up the game. It can fix a bugged out quest and deleting after a major patch is required to see changed stats on items, that's all.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Sillicus » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:05 am

Pottu wrote:Did you install the game under Program Files? If so, try moving it elsewhere, like C:\Game\Nostalrius. That should fix your issue.

I have done this and it did not fix the issue.
Sillicus
Grunt
Grunt

by Noxm » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:58 am

@Sillicus what is your problem ?

if it's quest try to abandon and retake the quest
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Punzi » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:34 am

I'm having the issue where I cannot get updated stats to show. I've tried just about everything that people are suggesting you do to get it working. I'm completely at a loss as what to do. I've deleted my wdb folder multiple times, including the one hidden in the appdata folder. I've tried logging in with no addons enabled. I've even reinstalled the entire game, but nothing seems to work.
Punzi
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius