New Players -- Fear of being left behind

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

New Players -- Fear of being left behind

by str1der » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Now first, hear me out. I'm not going to sit here and rant or whine. I want to ask people who have been here from the start questions and hopefully have you guys alleviate any fears/worries we may have.

Long story short, my friends and I are a bit late to the Private Vanilla Server scene. We're a month late on leveling on Nos, and already MC has been cleared (albeit to a bug which I heard was fixed). All 5 of us are *avid* raiders. We've raided every content, and most of us were top 100 players. The itch of getting to do some of the Vanilla content again was just too much, so here we are.

All of that being said, while I know it's hyperbole to think we're starting too late, we do want to find ourselves apart of the progressive aspect on this server. I understand the content is older and people know how to do it already, so that's going to speed things up, but is there still a chance for fresh players to get to 60, get geared, and hop in to *good* raiding with a *good* group? I'll be blunt in that the only thing holding us back is the thought of just getting stuck on the back burner and not really seeing any progression. We want to get gear and be apart of the community and make names for ourselves.

So, if you're still reading all of this, thanks! I have a few more questions. First, I understand that the content is being released at a progressive rate. How long until we see BWL and the following raid tiers? Since MC was cleared so quickly, will BWL be released and have it cleared just as quickly? That's our fear: getting left behind as we try to catch up so we can be apart of this progression. Second, if the server is to last awhile, wouldn't it make sense to release the content at a slower pace? Allow people time to farm and others to catch up? Is that happening? If so, great!!

Basically, we just want to find ourselves a part of the server and we're a tad afraid we'll always be playing catch up if the content is released too quickly. We want to be active and see ourselves growing in the community. Are these things possible still?

Thanks for bearing with me. I know I can ramble on, but I'm not able to whisper people on server to chat until level 5, so I thought I'd reach out here. Thanks a lot!
str1der
Tester

Re: New Players -- Fear of being left behind

by Diametra » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:49 pm

I think the timeline is in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4

I believe folks will be creating new toons for sometime to come.

I'm not sure how you would be left behind, unless you base your achievements and sense of satisfaction on what other people have....or have done.

If you feel you need to be in the first wave to level and first to clear specific content, Kronos just recently opened so you could look there as well.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by al3xander99 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:24 am

There will always be guilds clearing the old content i wouldn't rlly make a problem of that but if u wan't to be the first to clear some content u have to work rlly hard... and if i get that good ur probably ~5 ppl and its hard to lvl with 5 different ppl and on their own program so you should all hurry up and level faster i say...
al3xander99
Grunt
Grunt

by Flaat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:45 am

There are about 600 lvl 60 players on the server, from a playerbase of daily 10k players logging in. So i really wouldn't worry. There are always going to be guilds clearing content and progression is something a guild does, the serverwide progression will be caught up if you join a good guild and play enough.

I also think that you really do not want to be the firsts to clear content on a private server, stuff will be bugged and i am sure it will be more enjoyable if you are doing it after the first weeks of release
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius