Leveling questions/Advice needed

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Leveling questions/Advice needed

by Jyles » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Sam, I play a rogue named Jyles mainly, and had a few questions about leveling. I understand that leveling in Vanilla was meant to be a more slow and deliberate process, and that it's meant to take people months to get to max level. But seeing as how there are a few hundred level 60's already, is there some trick I'm missing out on to get exp faster? I'm currently level 16 and have 18 hours /played, and this is with just a few sidetracks for auction house and many many deaths. I'm currently using a mix of vanillaguide along with questie to help me locate quest objectives and locations. Is a level every 2 or so hours good? bad? Is it going to pick up the higher I go or slow down? I'm just wondering if I'm on par to reach 60 anytime soon. The biggest issue for me is I don't want to miss out on all these dungeons and raids, I'm afraid i'll hit 60 the week after Naxx is cleared. So if anyone has some advice/tips/tricks etc for me, they'd be much appreciated.
Jyles
Tester

Re: Leveling questions/Advice needed

by Esibelle » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:00 pm

A level every two hours is good. If you have a guide with a route thats really is the best you can do.

Standard stuff of always logging out in an inn and making sure to do all the quests for each dungeon.

If you are dying a lot or killing mobs slowly maybe worth teaming up more or finding a leveling partner, you get a bit less exp but you save alot of time by not dying. When you team up usually have to kill double the amount of mobs if you both need quest items etc so this helps further.
Esibelle
Tester

by Garfunkel » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:51 am

Note that pretty much all current level 60's are experienced players from back in the day, who have also played on other private servers. Combine that knowledge of the game with guilds that were formed pre-launch and it makes for every efficient leveling and dungeon runs - dungeon quests give very good XP.

BWL is atleast a month, possibly two months away, so you have plenty of time. Chill out.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Flaat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:59 am

Basically the best time ever done in vanilla is 4 days 20 hours. This was by a really good speedlvler that did the route many times. So anything around 6 days is very good meaning about 2.4 hours per lvl. Ofcourse from 1-25 that should be under to slighly above 1 hour per lvl. That however is not reachable on this server becuase of the massive world pvp. Therefore id say 10 days is a good goal. The ppl that are 60 now had an advantage as the zones were not as full as they are now and they probably did it before on private realms and vanilla itself
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by gerbodis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Also, leveling a rogue really sucks man, unless you're twinked. I remember in Vanilla days I had a twinked rogue that I got to level 30 in about 11-12 hours of solid grinding and hardly ever dying. SINCE we are all starting from scratch leveling rogues with no gear sucks sucks sucks.

I have been keeping notes on my leveling because I like statistics. On my rogue I am level 18 with 16 hours played and I have died 47 times. My mage is level 13 with 9 hours played and 5 deaths... One of the reasons rogue leveling is so slow in the beginning is because you really do not have resourceful damage abilties yet. You spam sinister strike and pray your eviscerate is not dodged, parried, or misses (which it does 50% of the time). Hang in there, do some dungeons, get some good gear, and don't forget to Google good grinding spots a lot of vanilla speed levers do it via grinding as quests are not optimized for flow or efficiency, they are set up for lore and play experience.
gerbodis
Private
Private

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius