Beginner's Guide 2.0

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Beginner's Guide

by Mrplow » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:41 pm

Bump for sticky.

This is probably the most important thread in these forums.
Mrplow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sicsoo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Kill wrote:Hi Dominance90,

account creation has not started yet. The info in this post is still from the testing sessions.
There will be an official statement by Viper (I guess) when account creation is opened, please stay tuned until then. Server will be up at the 28th of February.

thanks.
sicsoo
Tester

by Koopa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:40 am

Koopa wrote:
Koopa wrote:Pls sticky this somewhere

I won't let you die on me!
Koopa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by James Goblin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Koopa wrote:
Koopa wrote:
Koopa wrote:Pls sticky this somewhere

I won't let you die on me!

Looks like we will have to "sticky" it manyally :roll:
James Goblin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kill » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:32 am

James Goblin wrote:Looks like we will have to "sticky" it manyally :roll:

Just wanne say: You guys are awesome. I'll try to keep the post up to date as best as possible, you can bet on it! We need only 1,8 more views to be the most viewed Thread on this forum ;)

To the Nost devs: Please feel free to "steal" all imagery and text to use it on an official post or on the webpage. I give you full permission to copy anything you want, but please put this content to a more prominent position!
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ohgr » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Kill wrote:
mhay71 wrote:Just to clarify, should I download the client linked above, or can I use the client I downloaded from Feenix?

Demigodd wrote:How about if we already have the feennix client or something like that, can we just change the relmlist? Or is this server at an even earlier patch. Sorry if this was answered, I read through and didn't see it.

Hey mhay71 and Demigodd. From what I understand, the Feenix-Client has a realmlist hardcoded into the "wow.exe". Meaning: Whenever you click on the "wow.exe" from Feenix, he will connect to Feenix. But you only need to replace the corrupted "wow.exe" from Feenix with an uncorrupted "wow.exe" and set the realmlist as described in the guide. A unaltered ".exe" can be downloaded here (courtesy of Rebirth). If you use other clients than the one from Feenix, it should work without replacing "wow.exe".

I've been using the feenix client since ED launched and I haven't had any problem changing servers by just changing the realmlist.wtf, maybe you're thinking about the Feenix launcher?
ohgr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Takayamushi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Hey guys, I just need carification. If I'm using a Mac, which client am I suposed to download?
Takayamushi
Tester

by Kill » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Takayamushi wrote:Hey guys, I just need carification. If I'm using a Mac, which client am I suposed to download?

I might suggest downloading this client. However I have not tested it so far. I am downloading it right now and it is very fast, but I won't be able to test it until next week. I have to setup Mac in a virutal box...

If you download and try it out, please confirm if it's working. Only good solution I found so far.

/Edit: If it's working I will upload it at Google Drive.
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by DrkAeris » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Kill wrote:
Takayamushi wrote:Hey guys, I just need carification. If I'm using a Mac, which client am I suposed to download?

I might suggest downloading this client. However I have not tested it so far. I am downloading it right now and it is very fast, but I won't be able to test it until next week. I have to setup Mac in a virutal box...

If you download and try it out, please confirm if it's working. Only good solution I found so far.

/Edit: If it's working I will upload it at Google Drive.

I, too, use a Mac client. There's only one thing you have to watch out for: the client you download has to be EXACTLY at the right patch (1.12.1) as Rosetta is no longer compatible with 10.8+ OS' and, therefore, will not be able to patch at all. Unless you were able to grab all of the patches and patch the clients up, you'll have to locate someone who can share the entire client, already patched, to play it.

If I had the ability to do so, I would share my client. Just want you to keep that in mind in regards to the patching. =)
Flurence - Level 60 Raiding Resto Druid
Monochrome - Level 60 Shadow Priest
Bhailey - Level XX Marks/Survival Hunter - I love that kitin'!
DrkAeris
Grunt
Grunt

by Mrplow » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 am

nevermind
Mrplow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius