Beginner's Guide 2.0

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Beginner's Guide

by Wraith§Reaver » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:09 pm

This might sound stupid but, someone could upload an enUS version of the 1.12.1 client too for convenience of who else wants to use it?
I know it's almost identical to the enGB but, in all the years I've played WoW I have always preferred the first one because in addition it has a comfortable name randomizer in the creation screen of the new PGs.

And this peculiarity is pure gold for the more demanding "nerd" players who do not want to lose entire days to choose a good fantasy name for their own pg, in view of some roleplay maybe (and I admit to being one of those xD)

P.S: it is actually now easily found on pi**tebay (guess what) typing "world of warcraft 1.12.1 enUS" [it's the first one, about 373 seeds btw]

To the Admin/Mods: I know that (in theory) I should not advertise warez in any case, but I hope I can be partially excused since it is an alternative client to play in the future on Nostalrius.
If it is not compatible with this post and causes any trouble please kindly remove it if you find necessary to do so.
Hoping for your understanding, I'll wait your denial / confirmation, thanks ;)
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kill » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Wraith§Reaver wrote:This might sound stupid but, someone could upload an enUS version of the 1.12.1 client too for convenience of who else wants to use it?
I know it's almost identical to the enGB but, in all the years I've played WoW I have always preferred the first one because in addition it has a comfortable name randomizer in the creation screen of the new PGs.

Hahaha, I totally laughed my ass of. I would have NEVER EVER considered THAT a reason for a specific WoW version . But then - What if we all would be the same? So I see you have a valid point there! May I ask you if there are more differences in between GB and US versions you know about? I have never heard of this before and would consider to try to find and try a good US download if there are other reasons than the naming issue. I would update the first post then.

P.S.: Please don't feel offended in any way!

/Edit: If other people have the same problem they might want to try a name generator from the web, specilized in WoW-Char-Names: http://www.namegenerator.biz/wow-name-generator.php
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by alucard001 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:39 am

Yes, this is stupid
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wraith§Reaver » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Kill wrote:Hahaha, I totally laughed my ass of. I would have NEVER EVER considered THAT a reason for a specific WoW version

I happened to notice it by accident by installing various private server clients, so yeah, definitely not expected, but I am one of those typical people who lose hours/days just to pick a suitable name, "epic" or at least meaningful, before playing anything :lol:

Kill wrote:May I ask you if there are more differences in between GB and US versions you know about?

As far as i know, there are no reasons other than the integrated name generator (or at least I have not found more) :)

Kill wrote:P.S.: Please don't feel offended in any way!

Ahahaha don't worry, I have (not as someone else) a genuine sense of humor too xD

PS: I made this suggestion mainly because so one does not have to surf in a browser to generate a suitable name for his PG, anyway thank you very much for the link (did not know it, but now I think I will use it more often) :D
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kovenant » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:05 pm

there are tons of pages that can make up names for you on the spot!
usin any of the websites is alot easier then installing a seperate client just for that randomize option!
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:48 pm

I didn't know there was a difference. Mine has the name randomize, but the one in this torrent apparently does not. I don't remember where I got mine, as I've had it for a while. I'm going to retorrent the Feenix client and see if theirs has it. If so, it's probably the better one to go with then.

Edit: The Feenix client does have the name randomize. So just use this one instead.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1imxm3
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by LFK » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:40 am

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I'm new at private servers, and haven't played WoW for about 6 or 7 years. I made an account here and subscribed to the newletter - will this get me an account for launch as with the test sessions?

Thanks a bunch!
LFK
Tester

by ozzky » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:25 pm

I'm not so sure if it will make you an account for the launch.
However it will make you a account for any future test sessions (if there ever will be).
ozzky
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kovenant » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:52 pm

ozzky wrote:I'm not so sure if it will make you an account for the launch.
However it will make you a account for any future test sessions (if there ever will be).

i can not imagine why you would not have a account for the launch when you now sign up for the tests,
that would be a horrible loss, since alot of users can't be arsed to re-sign up.
why waste a perfectly good user database..
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ozzky » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:24 pm

kovenant wrote:i can not imagine why you would not have a account for the launch when you now sign up for the tests,
that would be a horrible loss, since alot of users can't be arsed to re-sign up.
why waste a perfectly good user database..

The question was: "will this get me an account for launch as with the test sessions?"
Since none of us here knows if it will give him an account for the launch, I wrote i'm not so sure.
Until an administrator answer the question it's simply all speculation.
ozzky
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius